The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why is Meteor Ult wrong?

DanielWinterborn
DanielWinterborn
✭✭✭
Okay so I've been away for a while and didn't really keep track of things so my question is pretty straight forward... Why do you cast meteor ultimate but it never lands?

I've tried to bomb zergs and in some cases I use meteor, the ult resources are taken, you can hear the sound, you can see it but if I die before it lands nothing happens. It doesn't deal any damage, just makes the effect and that's it. This is weird because all other aoe placed keep doing their thing except for the ultimate.

I wouldn't even be upset about it if my resources were recovered after this but after failing, losing the resources and not killing the zerg you can see why it's a problem.

Is this a bug or what?
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    Works fine with me, maybe you use it on someone and that person dies before your meteor's impact.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay so I've been away for a while and didn't really keep track of things so my question is pretty straight forward... Why do you cast meteor ultimate but it never lands?

I've tried to bomb zergs and in some cases I use meteor, the ult resources are taken, you can hear the sound, you can see it but if I die before it lands nothing happens. It doesn't deal any damage, just makes the effect and that's it. This is weird because all other aoe placed keep doing their thing except for the ultimate.

I wouldn't even be upset about it if my resources were recovered after this but after failing, losing the resources and not killing the zerg you can see why it's a problem.

Is this a bug or what?

I don't think it's a bug. Every ultimate and AoE stops when you die. Happened to me a million times, while trying to land a destro ult on a zerg, it fires off and stops as soon as I'm dead.

PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negate AFAIK stays on the spot because its ground based while eye of the storm is player based and it vanishes right after caster dies. Meteor is target based, so it should work even when you died as long as your target is alive, if it doesn't it should be considered as a bug.
    Edited by Mayrael on July 16, 2018 12:00PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • lionofjudah7
    lionofjudah7
    ✭✭✭

Is this a bug or what?

You dont bomb with meteor
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

Is this a bug or what?

I don't think it's a bug. Every ultimate and AoE stops when you die. Happened to me a million times, while trying to land a destro ult on a zerg, it fires off and stops as soon as I'm dead.

This is not true. I continue to see damage numbers after my death depending on what abilities i had cast before death. I know that the destro ult (not eye of the storm morph) will stay out after death as I just experienced that the other day and people in my trials guild were having a debate about it so we tested it. I have no idea how meteor behaves in regards to this however.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it can be blocked and wont hit.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Is this a bug or what?

This is not true. I continue to see damage numbers after my death depending on what abilities i had cast before death. I know that the destro ult (not eye of the storm morph) will stay out after death as I just experienced that the other day and people in my trials guild were having a debate about it so we tested it. I have no idea how meteor behaves in regards to this however.

Elemental Rage disappears when you die my friend. You might still get an accidental tick due to lag or something but try dying a second after casting it and you'll see.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Is this a bug or what?

Elemental Rage disappears when you die my friend. You might still get an accidental tick due to lag or something but try dying a second after casting it and you'll see.

I died in vCR the other night cause the tank didn't taunt the hermit crab right away after portal phase and i had just dropped my ult and watched it tick for the whole duration.
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    When you die, your ultimate you cast goes bye-bye :(
    Edited by KittyHazWares on July 16, 2018 3:15PM
    Xbox One NA
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to agree with @Apache_Kid on this one. I, too, have dropped elemental storm and then died. As long as the first tick happened before my death, it continued to persist for the entire duration. I've had it happen in Cyrodiil where I've gotten kills after I've died, and in PvE at world/dungeon bosses as long as I wasn't solo and the boss didn't reset.

Disclaimer - These occasions all happened 4-6 months ago and I've just never died + ult at the same time since, so it might have been fixed in a patch, but it did persist in the past. Pretty sure Elemental Blockade persists after death as well.

We are both XB-NA, so that might play into our differences too.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the many threads where a dev could just pop in and tell us in a few sentences how the game mechanics are supposed to work but then they would actually be providing helpful information. I know I see DoT and ult ticks after death. If that is an intended mechanic or not i am unsure. But I've seen it and like i said there was a lengthy debate in one of my guilds where we tested this just the other week so others in my guild saw it as well and had their minds changed about it.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as i'm aware unless you get a damage tick before dying the ulti will just disappear. I've watched my destro ult vanish so many times.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    If meteor hits, the ground AoE will stay after you die. I have seen in LUI interface my meteor hitting other players in BGs even if I die after casting (if they stand in the AoE, anyway. I've never tested to know if dying before the impact of meteor negates the cast).
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you cast meteor ultimate but it never lands

Because if a meteor makes impact, it's then called a meteorite.
    signing off
  • Nussi28
    Nussi28
    ✭✭
    I've killed players in pvp with the meteor, after I myself was already dead.
    It's also functioning in pve for me, so you found some bug.
    When the target is dead, meteor still hits the dead body and does the aoe to all around.