The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp mounted combat skill line

corundumnine
corundumnine
Soul Shriven
Who would like to see mounted combat in Cyrodiil? A skill line that can only be used while mounted and restrict mounted combat to outside of castle grounds and resources. It would be a win win for everyone- players would get an awesome new fighting style that would force players to utilize more of the map and mount sales for zos would increase. Plus they could design new gear sets for mounted combat. Any thoughts?
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it is much easier for devs to earn money by selling repainted pants in the store. nobody will bother with something new for pvp
    Edited by oxygen_thief on July 15, 2018 9:04PM
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    This man is right. Zos isn’t concerned with improving their pvp. But they’ll release a new mount this patch!!!! <- sarcasm
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trample damage!
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Play Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope this never happens.
    this would make worse the problems we allready have in pvp.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure why people ask for things like this when we all know ZOS isn’t capable of creating it, and if they were... would ruin it
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would like to see mounted combat in Cyrodiil?

1. No. It sounds great at first thought but then it sounds so boring and limited. You say it is a win/win situation but provide nothing of value to demonstrate it is.
    2. You are about 4 years late asking this question. Considering how rarely it come up and how limited the support is when it does the idea falls flat with others.
    3. It does not make sense to develop an entire combat line that is only usable in Cyrodiil since this would obviously not even be useful in BGs.
  • corundumnine
    corundumnine
    Soul Shriven
    You could also use it in open world pve
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

1. No. It sounds great at first thought but then it sounds so boring and limited. You say it is a win/win situation but provide nothing of value to demonstrate it is.
    2. You are about 4 years late asking this question. Considering how rarely it come up and how limited the support is when it does the idea falls flat with others.
    3. It does not make sense to develop an entire combat line that is only usable in Cyrodiil since this would obviously not even be useful in BGs.

Well technically there is use for it in BGs as the upcoming map will allow mounts.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please no, not till current problems are fixed. Then and only then should we consider (new) combat mechanics.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just no. We have a lot more pressing concerns than this. And it will be badly implemented. I don't want more glitches/exploits that go unfixed for years and years.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just a jousting mini game...then ZoS can sell a jousting arena for housing in the crown store. Win-win, no?
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on July 15, 2018 11:32PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    How about just a jousting mini game...then ZoS can sell a jousting arena for housing in the crown store. Win-win, no?

That's not too far off from the new Cyrodiil styled BG arena, except that people have to dismount to do damage. Mounted combat in small areas could be a natural extension of this idea-its when you extend the idea to Cyrodiil zergs that it gets really complicated.

Anything small-scale (easier to create) and easy to monetize seems to be the way ZOS is going with gameplay updates these days.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 16, 2018 12:03AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    Play Mount & Blade: Warband

one of my favourite games ever by the way. I even had the pleasure to meet with the developers.

(And I'm still waiting for the second game.)
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 16, 2018 2:47AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Well technically there is use for it in BGs as the upcoming map will allow mounts.

If I was in charge it would not even be considered at this time. Much more significant work to be done first and again, it has such extremely limited use.
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trample damage!

Love this!
    Well at least there would be a use for anti-cavalry caltrops I guess. Not that this idea would ever be implemented.