The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NB, is anyone aware?

Micah_Bayer
Micah_Bayer
✭✭✭✭✭
The amount of dmg they can nullify when dark cloak will work next patch. Dark cloak 8%
Shadow image 15%
That is 23% dmg right off the back..And if you get real greedy you can add pirate skelly and effectively get 56% dmg reduction without adding armour resistances in the equation. And skelly has great uptime. Imagine that with heavy armour..you would he unkillable and still have like 4k weapon dmg.
Edited by Micah_Bayer on July 16, 2018 5:32AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry! ZOS knows what they are doing! (now where did I put my NBs, gotta make sure I get my undaunted maxed before the next patch haha!)
  • Skillasaurus88
    Skillasaurus88
    ✭✭✭
    Damage mitigation is multiplicative, not additive.

Just be glad you werent around when mitigation from Pirate Skeleton was effecting shields!
    I main a MagSorc DPS. Over 2500 hours played and counting! Feel free to ask me anything. -Rick
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just be glad you werent around when mitigation from Pirate Skeleton was effecting shields!

I've been here since beta
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of dmg they can nullify when dark cloak will work next patch. Dark cloak 8%
    Shadow image 15%
    That is 23% dmg right off the back..And if you get real greedy you can add pirate skelly and effectively get 56% dmg reduction without adding armour resistances in the equation. And skelly has great uptime. Imagine that with heavy armour..you would he unkillable and still have like 4k weapon dmg.

You're acting like this will be a constant 100% uptime buff. Well, it won't. 8% from dark cloak is only active when you use it. You'll need to recast every 3 seconds to maintain that. The shadow image only affects ONE character. Only they will be doing 15% less damage to you. It's not a straight damage reduction like cloak. Everyone else attacking you will be doing full damage.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good, when I get back to gaming again my NB will love the tweeks I'm going to make. That is If I can get off my Tank.

https://youtu.be/DwsVF9M6w9c
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Shadow image 15%

You're acting like this will be a constant 100% uptime buff. Well, it won't. 8% from dark cloak is only active when you use it. You'll need to recast every 3 seconds to maintain that. The shadow image only affects ONE character. Only they will be doing 15% less damage to you. It's not a straight damage reduction like cloak. Everyone else attacking you will be doing full damage.

Probably up 80% of the time. And dark cloak you can time it for incoming bursts you see. I mean skilled players can see a burst incoming so how is it not a high uptime?
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried playing a nightblade instead of a sorc?
    Xbox One Na
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a stam sorc, Mag NB and stam NB. What are you implying?
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just saying stam NB is OP lol
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭

Some would say the same for Sorcs or DK's. Does this come from playing PvE or are you PvP'ng and someone rekt you or a friend as a NB? Because if that's the case, make a NB and kill them back LOL.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »

Some would say the same for Sorcs or DK's. Does this come from playing PvE or are you PvP'ng and someone rekt you or a friend as a NB? Because if that's the case, make a NB and kill them back LOL.

This is for pvp. And no a NB mentioned this to me.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is for pvp. And no a NB mentioned this to me.

And proceeded to say it was broken
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    \

Funny but I gave up on all my stam classes sines the pvp is mostly range dps and snares.
    Lat days I run with RC sorc , super fun to see everything melt(500k ap solo last 2 days)
    Super tank, Super burst , Super cc , Super panic skill streak.... no need for anything else
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avnr wrote: »
    \

Funny but I gave up on all my stam classes sines the pvp is mostly range dps and snares.
    Lat days I run with RC sorc , super fun to see everything melt(500k ap solo last 2 days)
    Super tank, Super burst , Super cc , Super panic skill streak.... no need for anything else

Sorc is a good pug killer for sure. The best class for easy pug kills. But the skill gap can only go so high with a predictable burst and against good players they melt. Now let's get back onto the topic. Mitigation like this is insane.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, a NB mentioned it to you, and yet you're the one posting on the issue by use of second hand experience. Do you have a NB that can do that or just what your friend told you. Because I could say that I have a NB that does 150K dps.

• Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, a NB mentioned it to you, and yet you're the one posting on the issue by use of second hand experience. Do you have a NB that can do that or just what your friend told you. Because I could say that I have a NB that does 150K dps.

You dont have to be a genius to know you can do it. Slot a 2 piece set and put two skills on your bar. That's not that hard to understand.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    \

Well you would not be able to do that bs on my nb bc the first thing I like to do when I am upagainst a sorc especially if it is like 3 of them is pop my shade out then I will proceed to spam cloak while loling as I take sissy sorc damage then fear you all and mitigate 100% damage till they break free and hopefully at that point I will have run my resources dry so I can take a well deserved rest after some hardcore op nb pvping.
    Xbox One Na
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    \

Well you would not be able to do that bs on my nb bc the first thing I like to do when I am upagainst a sorc especially if it is like 3 of them is pop my shade out then I will proceed to spam cloak while loling as I take sissy sorc damage then fear you all and mitigate 100% damage till they break free and hopefully at that point I will have run my resources dry so I can take a well deserved rest after some hardcore op nb pvping.

Pretty accurate
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    \

Pretty accurate

No worries man if they nerf it I will class change to a nord so I can stay invincible.
    Xbox One Na
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    \

Pretty accurate

No worries man if they nerf it I will class change to a nord so I can stay invincible.

I kinda like you.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    \

Pretty accurate

I kinda like you.

I like you. My bar for disliking someone is really high though.
    Xbox One Na
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone who is wearing Shadowrend (or other Maim sets/skills) and Psijic ult is able to have this? Also, do you want to claim that Dark Cloak is any good in PvP? :joy:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you have another account? I was just wondering since your profile states you been here since 2017, yet beta happened a long time ago. Like 2013 I think. Don't quote me. I'm just curious.

• Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if the person is a vampire nb and gets hit with straight up fire damage, and they get that 25% extra off the hop before mitigation lol it use to be 50% if anyone was curious.

If you are not trolling Miach fair question, if you are then good job.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on July 16, 2018 7:04AM
    Xbox One Na
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have another account? I was just wondering since your profile states you been here since 2017, yet beta happened a long time ago. Like 2013 I think. Don't quote me. I'm just curious.

No I just wasnt on the forums until recently
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if the person is a vampire nb and gets hit with straight up fire damage, and they get that 25% extra off the hop before mitigation lol it use to be 50% if anyone was curious.

If you are not trolling Miach fair question, if you are then good job.

I'm not trolling..I hadn't thought of vampire that is a bigger concern now lol
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what happend, you didn't find another post of sorcs to say how balanced they are and how skill based a magsorc is, so you had to make a "nb's are op" post? lol

Stop making a meme of yourself, there is no coming back from that.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys are cracking me up here. Like. I feel my NB could be OP. If someone else good was playing it.

For the original post though, isn’t these changes supposed to be for PvE tanking? I can’t see being able to keep up a buff every 3 seconds in Cyrodil.

Could be just cause I’m bad.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭

I believe you mean affecting
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How many good NBs are playing this game? 5? Everyone else is average or below average players.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)