Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any chance for a new race and class?

Psychodaze
I would love to see an Goblin race added and a Shaman class added.
This has been one of my favorite combinations in past MMOs.

Best Answer

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very unlikely we'll get new races, if they do come it would likely be towards the ending period of the games life (which is a long way off) as the TES series has pretty set rules of what races characters can be and I think ZOS is unwilling to break away from the TES staple.

New classes are more likely, especially as we've seen the Warden a year ago. Most peoples expectations is that the 2019 expansion will bring another class with popular theory on it being a Necromancer (as there is huge demand on one), however ZOS has said in recent times they're not working on a necromancer (this was to play testers for Summerset).

Shaman might be possible but the Warden has already taken the "nature" role in the game for the most part so they may not want a class that has overlap in the style of skills.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Psychodaze
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's very unlikely we'll get new races, if they do come it would likely be towards the ending period of the games life (which is a long way off) as the TES series has pretty set rules of what races characters can be and I think ZOS is unwilling to break away from the TES staple.

New classes are more likely, especially as we've seen the Warden a year ago. Most peoples expectations is that the 2019 expansion will bring another class with popular theory on it being a Necromancer (as there is huge demand on one), however ZOS has said in recent times they're not working on a necromancer (this was to play testers for Summerset).

Shaman might be possible but the Warden has already taken the "nature" role in the game for the most part so they may not want a class that has overlap in the style of skills.

If not a shaman class, then at least a Goblin race would be cool to play a Warden with.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The closest thing to a goblin is the goblin disguise from a quest in Stonefalls. As long as you don't lose the disguise,from combat in the quest area, you should be able to use it anywhere except Cyrodiil.
  • Psychodaze
    The closest thing to a goblin is the goblin disguise from a quest in Stonefalls. As long as you don't lose the disguise,from combat in the quest area, you should be able to use it anywhere except Cyrodiil.

It’s just not the same. :'(
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We haven’t received new playable races since TES:3 (Imperial and Orsimer). It isn’t impossible, but it is highly unlikely unless Bethesda adds a new playable race in TES:6 (hopefully ESO will still be alive by then).
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Psychodaze
    We haven’t received new playable races since TES:3 (Imperial and Orsimer). It isn’t impossible, but it is highly unlikely unless Bethesda adds a new playable race in TES:6 (hopefully ESO will still be alive by then).

Dark Age of Camelot released October 2001 and is still a pay monthly MMO today.
    I don’t see ESO going anywhere for quite a long time.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With the way things are going on console end of life might be sooner
  • Psychodaze

With the way things are going on console end of life might be sooner

Well good thing Camelot Unchanined is releasing sometime next year then.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think ZOS would openly tell the playtesters they are working on it anyway. But if they are they would probably ask them not to speak about it under NDA to keep the element of surprise. Like the number of times fans asked a movie director if that thing will happen and he blatantly lied.. then once the movie released, Fans were right. I remember wrobel saying in an ESO live episode that they liked some of the spells they came up with for a dark wizard type classe but decided to go with Warden instead. Now is the time to finish up that class @ZOS_Wrobel :)
    Edited by Revokus on July 16, 2018 2:32AM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say no to new races but yes to classes
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • ImNotKevinBacon
    #Necromancer PLS

Totally fits within lore with The Worm Cult
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kingdom for a physical/stamina based damage class
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • djogani
    djogani
    ✭✭
    New race hardly but new class ofc. I heard everybody is talking about necromancer most suitable but what about hm.........lets say monk class. That is kinda unique to my opinion (unique in TES universe not in general ofc) unarmed combat and staves for hitting not casting spells. And what about new weapons? We did have crossbow in Skyrim they could bring it back. Or introduce polearms (halberds, pikes,spears) they never appeared in TES universe but this last one is hardly ever going to happen like with the races part. Cheers!!!!!
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psychodaze wrote: »
    I would love to see an Goblin race added and a Shaman class added.
    This has been one of my favorite combinations in past MMOs.

Thx, no.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer class with an Oblivion damage skill line, CC/stun/immobilize skill line and a defile skill line.....and a phoenix set like ultimate that works passively when slotted (works differently so can be used with phoenix like sets)…. :trollface:
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djogani wrote: »
    New race hardly but new class ofc. I heard everybody is talking about necromancer most suitable but what about hm.........lets say monk class. That is kinda unique to my opinion (unique in TES universe not in general ofc) unarmed combat and staves for hitting not casting spells. And what about new weapons? We did have crossbow in Skyrim they could bring it back. Or introduce polearms (halberds, pikes,spears) they never appeared in TES universe but this last one is hardly ever going to happen like with the races part. Cheers!!!!!

Well Morrowind had Polearms, Spears etc.?
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkScatha wrote: »
    djogani wrote: »

Well Morrowind had Polearms, Spears etc.?

Yeah, a lot of people seem to think Skyrim is the entirety of the TES universe. Unfortunate, as most of the best lore came from Morrowind.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No... just no. I don't want to see ESO become yet another cookie cutter race and class locked themepark.

Build diversity with skill lines any class can use is what sets ESO apart. I'm all for more weapons and other skill lines but more classes can go jump off a cliff.