The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crafting Repairs

voivod333b16_ESO
I have played various MMO's over the years, and so far ESO is my favorite. I really look forward to what is to come. I have always enjoyed crafting and ESO has delivered, at least for me.

One thing that has always bothered me is having a tailor or a blacksmith and not being able to repair my own gear. Often times the cost is no big deal but every MMO player knows that sometimes, they can get pricey.

I read an article about ESO recently that made the same point and had some good ideas, read it if you like.
http://www.tesoelite.com/2013/07/immersive-details-6-why-cant-i-repair/

So my question is this, why does an MMO like ESO, which is so open and versatile not let players repair their own gear?

I for one would love this in ESO. Sure there may be limits, due to materials needed for the repairs but that just opens up more opportunities to explore and gather more materials.

Leave a comment, I'm eager to hear what the ESO community thinks of the ability for crafters to be able to repair gear.
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    I have played various MMO's over the years, and so far ESO is my favorite. I really look forward to what is to come. I have always enjoyed crafting and ESO has delivered, at least for me.

One thing that has always bothered me is having a tailor or a blacksmith and not being able to repair my own gear. Often times the cost is no big deal but every MMO player knows that sometimes, they can get pricey.

I read an article about ESO recently that made the same point and had some good ideas, read it if you like.
    http://www.tesoelite.com/2013/07/immersive-details-6-why-cant-i-repair/

So my question is this, why does an MMO like ESO, which is so open and versatile not let players repair their own gear?

I for one would love this in ESO. Sure there may be limits, due to materials needed for the repairs but that just opens up more opportunities to explore and gather more materials.

Leave a comment, I'm eager to hear what the ESO community thinks of the ability for crafters to be able to repair gear.

I think it would be a good addition to the game making these repair kits (level based like the rest of the crafting i.e. lvls 1-9, 10-19, etc numbers may be wrong but you get the gist) a blacksmithing item that can be used by all. It's the one thing I keep looking for in my bags is a hammer or prongs.
  • Gibber
    Gibber
    Even if the mats required are comparable to the gold cost it would be nice to be able to do it myself and maybe help level the tradeskill.
  • voivod333b16_ESO
    Gibber wrote: »
    Even if the mats required are comparable to the gold cost it would be nice to be able to do it myself and maybe help level the tradeskill.

Agreed.
  • voivod333b16_ESO
    I think it would be a good addition to the game making these repair kits (level based like the rest of the crafting i.e. lvls 1-9, 10-19, etc numbers may be wrong but you get the gist) a blacksmithing item that can be used by all. It's the one thing I keep looking for in my bags is a hammer or prongs.

Hammer and prongs would be an awesome addition to ESO crafting for repair indeed.