Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

How Many hours of lost to maintenance? (During early access)

korkibucek
korkibucek
✭✭✭
So far during early access, how many hours have you playtime have you lost to maintenance ?
Edited by korkibucek on April 2, 2014 11:44AM

How Many hours of lost to maintenance? (During early access) 91 votes

Less than 1
10% 10 votes
1-2
8% 8 votes
2-3
5% 5 votes
3-4
7% 7 votes
4-5
8% 8 votes
5-6
5% 5 votes
6-7
5% 5 votes
7-8
6% 6 votes
8-9
3% 3 votes
More than 9
37% 34 votes
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Again I cant post polls to CS and there is no general forum, so putting it here.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Early access is just another name for 'Last Beta' before official launch.
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    4-5.. and that's my precious after work time. Long commute home, get home, play, go to bed, wake up in morning, go to work again. Rinse repeat. Why couldn't they have started Australian's off early Sunday morning, not 10 pm Sunday night! That's bedtime! Got a 6 am start in morning to go to work!
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • Bunzinator
    Bunzinator
    Soul Shriven
    I'm used to that in MMOs now. Typically, regular maintenance windows are slap bang in the middle of Australians' prime playing time, and I expect this'll be no different. And sadly, we're also charged a premium to buy the game in the first place. (Unless one purchases internationally...) ;)
    "You have spirit in your eyes. I may take those from you when this is over."
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6, Because I live in America and work nights.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The server maintenance began around 2:00 AM EDT (11:00 PM PDT) so we are approaching 7 hours of maintenance. There is at least one exceptionally critical game (non-quest) bug that is probably being addressed along with other issues such as some spawning/interactivity issues, phasing issues, latency issues, etc. Needless to say, there are some important things being tackled here. Also, I believe scheduled maintenance windows are scheduled for every Wednesday and Sunday mornings, starting around 5:00 AM EDT. They simply bumped up this window in order to work on issues before the official roll out on Friday.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    The server maintenance began around 2:00 AM EDT (11:00 PM PDT) so we are approaching 7 hours of maintenance. There is at least one exceptionally critical game (non-quest) bug that is probably being addressed along with other issues such as some spawning/interactivity issues, phasing issues, latency issues, etc. Needless to say, there are some important things being tackled here. Also, I believe scheduled maintenance windows are scheduled for every Wednesday and Sunday mornings, starting around 5:00 AM EDT. They simply bumped up this window in order to work on issues before the official roll out on Friday.

So why did the server go down for "maintenance" 20 hours ago too?

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteQueen wrote: »

I don't know. I'm guessing it was a performance issue of some sort or possibly a core spawning issue. Either way, this is still a pretty smooth MMO launch all things considered. No game is ever perfect or bug free at launch.
  • Knyn
    Knyn
    ✭✭
    They just need to turn this crap back on soon. My 3 days of being sick only works so long for my boss O_O
  • Twistedt
    Twistedt
    Soul Shriven
    WhiteQueen wrote: »

I don't know. I'm guessing it was a performance issue of some sort or possibly a core spawning issue. Either way, this is still a pretty smooth MMO launch all things considered. No game is ever perfect or bug free at launch.

I present to you - Patches
    TwistedT
    Elf Sorcerer
  • quany888b16_ESO
    Man, that new revised 20 player kill quest to being a daily, What a party pooper
    Level 15 Imperial Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's all ongoing while I am at work and cannot log in anyway. Was also happening as I slept. If my server is down when I get off work then I'l play a different game for the duration (and it will enhance my appreciation when it comes back up).

But I have lost no hours whatsoever that I know about. Is the disruption in service related to a break in the space-time continuum?
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~20 minutes lost to maintenance.
    Outrageous.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Ok since I've posted this (yesterday) I've now gone from 2hrs - 8hrs lost.

Came home from work both days and not had an MMO to play, which I paid extra for early access.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took holidays a whole week, like a good geek, to try out ESO and unfortunatly maintenance weren't very favourable for my time location (GMT+1) sinds I usualy play at night.

Still, I had plenty of time to play, not as much as I expected, but still enough to have fun and fully explore 3 different areas and 4 different dongeons.

But I rather see Zenimax studio use those maintenances to good use and fix as much possible gamebreaking issues in the game before true release.

• firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares? You didn't BUY early access. You bought the game at release. ZO was just nice to allow you to play on the servers early.
    Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath