The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

crafting set items?

jaidon
jaidon
Soul Shriven
Anybody know how crafting set items work? I found one set location and I wasn't able to craft anything, I found another and I could only craft a breastplate.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    I assume it works like anything else...you need the materials and the crafting skills/level to make it. You might have to also have the materials on your person...the special stations might not allow you to use bank slots.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting set items, in addition to other crafted gear, requires you to have one or more traits discovered by breaking down other gear.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Krym
    Krym
    ✭✭✭
    you need to have 2 traits researched on the item you want to craft (it's also mentioned in the craft window). bank should would fine.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They require 2 or more traits researched per item of the set before you can craft them. There should be a tool-tip at the workbench telling you the requirements.
    :)
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The few Crafted Set locations I found stipulate that you have to know (for example) two Traits for an item before you can create it.

So perhaps you already knew two traits for breatsplate but did not know two traits for any other piece?

I think I read somewhere that there are higher level areas where you have to know EIGHT traits for an item before you can craft an item from the Crafted Set.
  • Omnii_Evermind
    You have to have X number of traits researched on each item you want to make. Some set stations require only 2, others more. Untoggle "have skills" and "have materials" and go to the set item you want to make, I.E. breastplate, dagger, etc, and look how many more traits you need to research to unlock. Goodluck and happy crafting.
    Illurial Darkblade, USA Megaserver
    Level 50 VR 1 Khajiit Nightblade
    50 Provisioning
    50 Blacksmithing
    50 Clothing
  • jaidon
    jaidon
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the responses appreciate it