The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do weapon enchants proc ravager?

glavius
glavius
✭✭✭✭✭
And if yes, also elemental enchants?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of ravager, use veiled heritance. Pretty much 100% uptime.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. The bonus it gives is quite abit lower though. And I'm not using many dots
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Hmm. The bonus it gives is quite abit lower though. And I'm not using many dots

The 400 weapon damage has a 10% chance to proc on all damage AND can reproc while it is up. You would need 60% uptime on ravager to beat the damage you would get from VH, unless you are intending to use this in PvP, then I don't know the answer to your question. Though I do know that enchants to proc Advancing yokuda, so there is a good chance that they proc ravager.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 13, 2018 10:33AM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But good to know it can reproc with no cooldown
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's for pvp.

Maybe post in the PvP forum then? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/PvP-combat-skills
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's for pvp.

Maybe post in the PvP forum then? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/PvP-combat-skills

It started as a general game mechanic question
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simply test it on the pts I guess. I'm pretty sure enchants are considered melee single target direct damage because I know the poison enchant proc's the redguard passive for stamina return.

All you do.. cast endless hail with poison enchant, if ravager proc's you know it's because of the poison enchant and not the DoT.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 13, 2018 6:44PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I will test it. I asked because my ingame time is quite limited atm.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's for pvp.

and veiled is a good PvP set.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 14, 2018 1:31AM
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer my own question after testing. Disease enchant procs it (probably poison too)
    But not if it's used with endless hail. Then it doesn't count as melee

Shock doesn't (probably the same for fire/ice)

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To answer my own question after testing. Disease enchant procs it (probably poison too)

Interesting.. so what your saying is the type of dmg changes based on the skill it's proccing from? Later tonight I'm going to test what proc's the Redguard Adrenaline Rush passive because it looks for the condition "melee attack" and see if endless hail enchants proc it along with the set.

Edit: If you did this on the PTS, it may be a bit buggy. I've reported an issue where your back bar bow endless hail will proc it's own enchant even on the front bar. On live it updates with the bar it's on. This might be messing with your results, maybe when you swap on live it changes the type of dmg for the enchant to melee dmg because it's proccing the enchant from your melee weapon. This is especially important because your only using the set on your front bar anyway.

I'm willing to bet the same hold's true for the type of enchantment. Lightning/fire/ice/absorb/poison/disease all probably copy their damage type from the weapon they're attached to.

I'll test it later tonight and update this comment.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 14, 2018 3:10PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.. so what your saying is the type of dmg changes based on the skill it's proccing from? Later tonight I'm going to test what proc's the Redguard Adrenaline Rush passive because it looks for the condition "melee attack" and see if endless hail enchants proc it along with the set.

Edit: If you did this on the PTS, it may be a bit buggy. I've reported an issue where your back bar bow endless hail will proc it's own enchant even on the front bar. On live it updates with the bar it's on. This might be messing with your results, maybe when you swap on live it changes the type of dmg for the enchant to melee dmg because it's proccing the enchant from your melee weapon. This is especially important because your only using the set on your front bar anyway.

Tested on live. Did not bar swap during test.
    Edited by glavius on July 14, 2018 3:10PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Tested on live. Did not bar swap during test.

If you can, try testing what I suggested. Cast endless hail and bar swap with a poison enchant on your mainhand weapon.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP