Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just realized that Jewelry Trait master only needs 9 traits combined not 9 and 9

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
It may have been the wording but the Jewelry Trait Master can be unlocked in about two weeks or less if you learn 5 traits on one type and 4 on the other.

I wished I'd realized this about a month ago. On the other hand, realizing this kind of cheapened the whole thing for me. The difference is about 4 months vs 2 weeks without any help from scrolls to unlock this.
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you have to learn 9 traits. No dupes.

In other words, learning Healthy on a Ring and Necklace means you have only learned one trait.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no dupes.

I only posted this because I did a search here and it wasn't apparent that anyone had mentioned this before. Maybe it will help those like myself that are going for the Grand Master Crafter achievement and didn't pay close enough attention.

Edited by Casdha on July 6, 2018 6:29PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    Wait what so if I learn a trait on necklace I can craft the same trait on ring? LOL hope I understand this wrong...
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what so if I learn a trait on necklace I can craft the same trait on ring? LOL hope I understand this wrong...

Yeah, you misunderstood. OP is talking solely about the "Jewelry Trait Master" achievement that requires you to research all nine jewelry traits.

You can research all nine on either necklace or ring, or can mix and match across the two as long as all nine are researched at some point to get the achievement.

You still need to research the respective trait on rings to be able to craft a ring in that trait, regardless if you have the achievement or not.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, it means that the achievement progress only requires researching the trait on a single item, much like for the other professions. Due to the fact research time doubles for each new trait researched on a single item the fastest way to get those kind of achievements is to research different traits on different items alternatively ex. Healthy Necklace -> Arcane Ring -> Robust Necklace -> Triune Ring etc. Note that kind of achievements, as well as researching the traits themselves up the odds of getting master writs, which, in this case is more of a punishment due to the way voucher value is calculated, relative to quantity of materials needed :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the right traits researched was more important than the Grandmaster Crafter achieve, IMO.

Maybe that gives the OP a better perspective.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Never thought of it. Oh well, I still don't have 50 motif books learned yet so will be done on jewelry research long before I accomplish that. :D
    Edited by LadyDestiny on July 13, 2018 8:39AM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, didn't realize this. I guess I should learn healthy next and get my grandmaster craftier title already.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    O M F G I've been investing so much gold and time in this for the Grand Master Crafter and I'm down to just healthy on ring and neck, now I have to wait almost a month to that last trait research.

I feel dumb now, There were no rush for me besides that damn title.

Thx OP tho