The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Major glitch... The Heart of a Telvanni quest... (spoilers included)

argouru
argouru
✭✭✭
Glitch: Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow not performing properly for story sequences inside of the mine

I reached the mine, chose the option ot use the smoke bombs and fight my way through the second chamber, but when I reach the door at the back of the second room, the option to open the door remains grayed out and unusable. If I go back out of the mine the way I entered, Sun-in-Shadow and Eoki appear outside the entrance and can be spoken with, but they talk about entering the mine even though I followed them all the way to the Escape Shaft door and they vanished through it.

I Abandoned the quest then restarted and this time when I reached the door, the story scene played out properly and I was able to go through the door, but after beating the boss, Sun-in-Shadow remained restrained. I had to log out, then back in to talk to her to leave the mine and finish the quest.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    Glitch: Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow not performing properly for story sequences inside of the mine

I reached the mine, chose the option ot use the smoke bombs and fight my way through the second chamber, but when I reach the door at the back of the second room, the option to open the door remains grayed out and unusable. If I go back out of the mine the way I entered, Sun-in-Shadow and Eoki appear outside the entrance and can be spoken with, but they talk about entering the mine even though I followed them all the way to the Escape Shaft door and they vanished through it.

I Abandoned the quest then restarted and this time when I reached the door, the story scene played out properly and I was able to go through the door, but after beating the boss, Sun-in-Shadow remained restrained. I had to log out, then back in to talk to her to leave the mine and finish the quest.

There is a post on this already. But, I have tried 3 times, and always get the grayed door with instructions "escape the mine". What options did you choose when it worked?
  • MutantMirage
    If you're using the knock-out powder on the Guard Captain to progress the quest, try completing the quest without doing that. It should work.

Hope this helps!
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to complete it. You need the argonians to have a scene in front of the door and then use it, THEN you can go through it. There's a battle in the next room, but the characters didn't start their next scene, so I had to log out, then back in to get that scene to trigger to continue the quest. They need to fix these glitches, but I managed to complete it.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just submitted a ticket for this problem. Was given 3 pieces of advice.

1. Log out and wait 15 minutes then log back in after a "soft reset" of NPCS etc.

This did in fact reset the NPCS but did not resolve the issue. Played out the same has before.

2. Reload the UI.

Made no difference.

3. Abandon the quest and start again.

This is hardly "advice", and sounds like a "clutching at straws" response in the vain hope it may work. They should just disable these quests and stop wasting people's time. Annoying.

Will post any progress on getting this to work to save others the inconvenience.

UPDATE

So I just managed to complete it. Oddly I had a CTD just before my final attempt. I think the issue is when Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow are standing before the door to the final chamber in the mine. So here is what I did.

1. Spoke to Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow then entered the mine.
    2. Killed the guards and waited for Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow to enter and complete their dialogue.
    3. Exited the mine. Spoke to Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow again outside the mine then entered the mine again.
    4. Released the prisoners.
    5. Killed the guard captain via combat.
    6. Entered the next chamber.
    7. Killed the rest of the guards.
    8. Waited for Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow to reach the exit and then spoke to them.
    9. Waited for them to complete their dialogue and exit to the final chamber.
    10. The exit's "open" was now white and I was able to exit and fight the final boss.

Not sure if this will help anybody but if you are part way through it you can log out and the NPCS will reset after 15 minutes letting you try it again.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on September 14, 2017 4:48PM
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    I just submitted a ticket for this problem. Was given 3 pieces of advice.

1. Log out and wait 15 minutes then log back in after a "soft reset" of NPCS etc.

This did in fact reset the NPCS but did not resolve the issue. Played out the same has before.

2. Reload the UI.

Made no difference.

3. Abandon the quest and start again.

This is hardly "advice", and sounds like a "clutching at straws" response in the vain hope it may work. They should just disable these quests and stop wasting people's time. Annoying.

Will post any progress on getting this to work to save others the inconvenience.

UPDATE

So I just managed to complete it. Oddly I had a CTD just before my final attempt. I think the issue is when Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow are standing before the door to the final chamber in the mine. So here is what I did.

1. Spoke to Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow then entered the mine.
    2. Killed the guards and waited for Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow to enter and complete their dialogue.
    3. Exited the mine. Spoke to Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow again outside the mine then entered the mine again.
    4. Released the prisoners.
    5. Killed the guard captain via combat.
    6. Entered the next chamber.
    7. Killed the rest of the guards.
    8. Waited for Eoki and Sun-in-Shadow to reach the exit and then spoke to them.
    9. Waited for them to complete their dialogue and exit to the final chamber.
    10. The exit's "open" was now white and I was able to exit and fight the final boss.

Not sure if this will help anybody but if you are part way through it you can log out and the NPCS will reset after 15 minutes letting you try it again.

I was able to complete it the same way, but the scene after the boss didn't load, so I had to log out, then back in which triggered it so I could complete the quest.
  • SoonerMagicEE
    SoonerMagicEE
    ✭✭✭
    This quest is still completely broken. I submitted a help ticket for it. I got the automatic canned email that my ticket had been received. A few days later I got a request to complete a survey on their performance handling the ticket. There was no contact from them other than that. It's been a few days since the survey email...still nothing. Needless to say, they did not get a good review. There wasn't even an attempt to pretend like the problem is/was being addressed or that a human paid any attention to the ticket at all.

It seems they've decided not to take the time to fix the quest, disable the quest, or even acknowledge that it exists. I'm pretty disappointed in that. TBH, I expected them to care a tiny bit more about their product.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is still completely broken. I submitted a help ticket for it. I got the automatic canned email that my ticket had been received. A few days later I got a request to complete a survey on their performance handling the ticket. There was no contact from them other than that. It's been a few days since the survey email...still nothing. Needless to say, they did not get a good review. There wasn't even an attempt to pretend like the problem is/was being addressed or that a human paid any attention to the ticket at all.

It seems they've decided not to take the time to fix the quest, disable the quest, or even acknowledge that it exists. I'm pretty disappointed in that. TBH, I expected them to care a tiny bit more about their product.

You need to respond to the first email to have an actual person review it.
    They assume the canned "try this and that" email solved your problem. They do that because they get far too many "free items please" or "this guy was mean to me because I want my way" dumb tickets to be able to have a human review them all on the first try. They need to weed out the idiots and the crazies.

So, don't expect a response if you don't respond.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is still broken., as of June 2022.