The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would appreciate help as it seems as though the "A City in Black" is broken.

tsarkaschey
As a part of Cadwell's Almanac I do need to finish "A City in Black" quest, but there's no way to start it. I have finished all previous Cadwell' Almanac quests. I have tried to do a "Kingdom in Mouring", which seems to be the quest just before "A City in Black", but I cannot get it as well. There's a prerequisite for it as far as I know, which is a "Restoring the Ansei Wards", which ends with the speech of King Fahara'jad, and who is supposed to be a NPC to give the "Kingdom in Mouring" quest, but he just stands without any notification of a quest. I went to the Bangkorai - Evermore, but Sergeant Antieve stays silently and does not give a quest either.

Any tips how to trigger it?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Sergeant Antieve is not giving the quest, but Evermore's map icon is still black, it's possible you've already completed A City in Black but have not yet completed the quest after it. Check when you hover over the Evermore icon if it says "Defend the city against its enemies." If it says that, you've already started A City in Black. This would also explain why you cannot get A Kingdom in Mourning - that quest can only be started if you have not already started A City in Black. If the map icon for Evermore is white and says something else, the city objective is complete and you need to move on to the next location.

Assuming therefore that you've actually already completed A City in Black, but the Evermore objective is still active, you need to go to the St Pelin Chapel and find Queen Arzhela. She will give you the next quest, Imperial Infiltration.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • tsarkaschey
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If Sergeant Antieve is not giving the quest, but Evermore's map icon is still black, it's possible you've already completed A City in Black but have not yet completed the quest after it. Check when you hover over the Evermore icon if it says "Defend the city against its enemies." If it says that, you've already started A City in Black. This would also explain why you cannot get A Kingdom in Mourning - that quest can only be started if you have not already started A City in Black. If the map icon for Evermore is white and says something else, the city objective is complete and you need to move on to the next location.

Assuming therefore that you've actually already completed A City in Black, but the Evermore objective is still active, you need to go to the St Pelin Chapel and find Queen Arzhela. She will give you the next quest, Imperial Infiltration.

It's exactly as you wrote, the Evermore was still active, I went to the Chapel and received the Imperial Infiltration quest. I believe it's that I've already finished A City in Black, yet haven't written it down and forgot.

Sorry for the mess with such a trivial issue and thanks for help.