Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question: Temper Expertise

SourceError
SourceError
✭✭
At what level Blacksmithing can you learn Temper Expertise 2 & 3?

Also does anyone know the % to chance increase that comes from those?
i.e. Temper Expertise 1 gives a 50% chance increase to tempers.
Edited by SourceError on April 1, 2014 10:22PM
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    Nobody?
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    ESO has been fairly tight with hard data. It is better, but no real idea how much better. To figure it out you would have to break a lot of things with and without it to get a data set. As the game has not even had the official street date... that level of info with solid backing is a long way coming.
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    It's really easy to find out if anyone has gotten to that level yet. I'm asking to see if anyone has done so. I know there are some people out there that have power leveled blacksmithing and could probably provide insight.
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    I am not saying people cannot level to there or take the perk... I am saying to reverse engineer the %increase the skill perk provides with a RNG will take a lot of work and time to do the math. Maybe someone has and will post, but I think for a solid number you need to break 1000 items or more both with and without the perk selected to get a valid data set.
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    Temper Expertise, not Metal Extraction. You are mistaking the skill. The one I'm referring to raises the chance of tempers for improving item quality. It's a set value that is available in the tooltip when using the temper, once you've leveled the skill. For example, Dwarven Oil is a 15% chance before Temper Expertise 1 and a 23% chance after.
    Edited by SourceError on April 1, 2014 8:57PM
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    Doh! Yes, in that case the math is a lot easier. Sorry about that. ;)

In Beta it went from 5 to 3 for 100% at for the first level of items. I did not get higher.
    Edited by Allonan on April 1, 2014 9:08PM
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm sure someone out there is up to Temper Expertise II that could provide some insight.
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    Getting it down to 3 of 5 is what it was when it was maxed out. That was beta and things may have changed. The drop in required tempers was pretty high for the top level but along the 3/5ths line.
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    Still looking for an answer to this if anyone has reached level 25 blacksmithing and invested in Temper Expertise II.

I know that Temper Expertise I raises the chance per temper by 50%, looking for the % for level II.

Honing Stone goes from 20% to 30%
    Dwarven Oil goes from 15% to 23%
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    Temper Expertise II anyone?