The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone Explain DPS (With Shield Too Me)

Ince
Ince
Soul Shriven
can someone explain this build as well as link me too a build where in detail it tells me about skills attributes and champion points etc.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield dps for dungeons?
    Well that link would lead straight to :trollface::trollface::trollface: alley
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean sword and shield dps? I actually made one a while back (iirc pre-clockwork) on a Dragonknight that was able to reach 29k dps. Nowadays you could do it even easier.

Is this what you mean?
    Options
  • Ince
    Ince
    Soul Shriven
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Do you mean sword and shield dps? I actually made one a while back (iirc pre-clockwork) on a Dragonknight that was able to reach 29k dps. Nowadays you could do it even easier.

Is this what you mean?

yes this is what i was on about sorry only been playing 2 weeks :P
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't be sorry, just making sure I know what I'm building on here :)

The old build I had was 5 hunding's rage, 5 spriggan, and two pieces of spawn of Mephala. The setup you're going to want to start with will be 5 hunding's (sword and shield, 3 body), 4 night mother's gaze (four body including head and shoulder) all medium divines. You can also purchase/farm a cheap ring set called "Agility" for your necklace and two rings. This can be the healthy trait, as it is less expensive.

What you will want to do while leveling is keep front bar sword and shield with the following skills

(Heroic Slash, Venomous claw, rearming trap, resolving vigor, expert hunter, flawless dawnbreaker)

And a back bar with bow on it that has the following skills:

(Noxious breath, poison injection, endless hail, flames of oblivion, and molten armaments/ molten weapons, balista)

You will want to always avoid the skill "puncture" and its morphs, as they will taunt the boss to you. In group content, that will be frustrating to your group, and likely get you more attention than you need from enemies.

For your enchantments, make sure your one handed weapon is enchanted with an increase damage glyph. Your shield and all armor spots should have stamina until you start using the advanced setup. At that point, you can play around with your health so that you're comfortable. I use imperial and 20k health, but you can absolutely get away with less. Rings and necklace will use the increase weapon damage enchantment. Food will be maximum stamina and maximum health blue foods, which you'll only needed to really worry about after you hit cp150.

For a really detailed how to play, I could write but it is really better that you go out in the world and practice "weaving" first if you have not already. The key to this is to light attack, and while the light attack is firing, activate an ability. Both the light attack and ability will go through together, substantially increasing damage.

Cp we will worry about once you get to around 300- until then, place the blue points in mighty and thaumaturgy for best effects. Remember, champion points only count the whole integer. 17.99 is the exact same as 17.01, because the equation for damage forgets everything after the period.

Tag me for more, or for specific stuff. I hope this helps, and welcome to Tamriel!
    Options
  • Ince
    Ince
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you very much! massive help i used to play on pc when the game first launched got to about champion 150 now ive been playing 3 weeks on xbox and im champion 190, currently running dual weild daggers with werewolf set and bow backup, as well as the were wolf ultimate. im still playing around with builds. im trying to use this first character as a learning point before i later reset skills etc just missing the final peice with is the COA II Vet Helm been 1 week since i last got in a COA II Vet Dungeon :(
    Options