Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solving the Templar's Rune Focus Issue

Vercingetorix
Vercingetorix
✭✭✭✭✭
The Templar changes are actually performance nerfs under the label of being a buff. 2600 Resistance increase is insignificant in combat. Restoring resources and movement is FAR more important to survival in both PvE and PvP. Here's a simple solution to the issue Templars have been facing with their Rune skill:
Channeled Focus (Duration: 10 seconds; Base Cost: 1080 Magicka - This is the value on live)
Create a rune of celestial protection, which defends you while you stand within it and for up to 15 seconds after leaving it. The rune grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280.You also recover 120 Magicka every 0.5 seconds.

Fleeting Focus (Duration: 10 seconds; Base Cost: 1890 Magicka - Live Value)
Create a rune of celestial protection, which defends you while you stand within it and for up to 15 seconds after leaving it. The rune grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280. You also gain Minor Expedition and Minor Protection, increasing your movement speed by 10% and reducing your damage taken by 8%.
This change would give Magplars their sustain and the ability to carry their buffs with them without completely negating their sustain to do so. The second morph is slightly reworked to provide a MOBILITY TOOL for both Magplars and Stamplars that want the freedom to evade rather than the magicka sustain. The Fleeting morph allows more COUNTERPLAY for a Templar in terms of LoS opponents and closing the gap on enemies in mid-combat.
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Templar changes are actually performance nerfs under the label of being a buff. 2600 Resistance increase is insignificant in combat. Restoring resources and movement is FAR more important to survival in both PvE and PvP. Here's a simple solution to the issue Templars have been facing with their Rune skill:
    Channeled Focus (Duration: 10 seconds; Base Cost: 1080 Magicka - This is the value on live)
    Create a rune of celestial protection, which defends you while you stand within it and for up to 15 seconds after leaving it. The rune grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280.You also recover 120 Magicka every 0.5 seconds.

Create a rune of celestial protection, which defends you while you stand within it and for up to 15 seconds after leaving it. The rune grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280. You also gain Minor Expedition and Minor Protection, increasing your movement speed by 10% and reducing your damage taken by 8%.
    This change would give Magplars their sustain and the ability to carry their buffs with them without completely negating their sustain to do so. The second morph is slightly reworked to provide a MOBILITY TOOL for both Magplars and Stamplars that want the freedom to evade rather than the magicka sustain. The Fleeting morph allows more COUNTERPLAY for a Templar in terms of LoS opponents and closing the gap on enemies in mid-combat.

I am all for this.

Quite frankly if the other morph is quite litterally -just for stamplars-, why bother with the vitality and protection?
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am all for this.

Quite frankly if the other morph is quite litterally -just for stamplars-, why bother with the vitality and protection?

Yeah, I'm not sure why ZoS said Restoring Focus was strictly for Stamplars. My morph makes it more flexible for both magplars and stamplars. Templars need more mobility in general as they frequently forced to rely on being a Vampire to get any movement, which is ridiculous. Minor Vitality wouldn't be missed and I bet most Templars would gladly give it up for Minor Expedition instead.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am all for this.

Yeah, I'm not sure why ZoS said Restoring Focus was strictly for Stamplars. My morph makes it more flexible for both magplars and stamplars. Templars need more mobility in general as they frequently forced to rely on being a Vampire to get any movement, which is ridiculous. Minor Vitality wouldn't be missed and I bet most Templars would gladly give it up for Minor Expedition instead.

And even then, if you're a tankplar, and you really want those bonuses....you get them through CP anyway so why -bother-?

Yeah I like this alot better. Allows us to get value out of things.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want one morph to give protection and one to stun/blind enemies that enter the rune.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    I want one morph to give protection and one to stun/blind enemies that enter the rune.

Ha, like Helm of Saint-14? As cool as that would be, I don't think it would work in this game. Maybe having it as a brief flash to blind the enemy's screen (for balance) it could work, but blinding enemies in this type of game is pretty broken. In Destiny you have 6 enemies to contend with at most, but in ESO you could be fighting 20+ enemies and blinding all of them at the drop of a hat is definitely BROKEN. Everyone would run Templar, lol.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems pretty good to me, haven't tested it though
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

Ha, like Helm of Saint-14? As cool as that would be, I don't think it would work in this game. Maybe having it as a brief flash to blind the enemy's screen (for balance) it could work, but blinding enemies in this type of game is pretty broken. In Destiny you have 6 enemies to contend with at most, but in ESO you could be fighting 20+ enemies and blinding all of them at the drop of a hat is definitely BROKEN. Everyone would run Templar, lol.

Hahah not quite like that. Google Blinding Flashes ESO, more like that. Or just a good ole fashioned stun. Don’t matter.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it too. Though I would be really disappointed if they removed the protection buff.

ESO just needs to admit that making templars stand in a house, while a great lore-based idea, is a terrible idea in practice, and let it go. Standing in a tiny circle will only be viable in some situations.

Sirorias can be taken off for mobile content where it impedes progress or is ineffective. Focus can be taken off the bar, but how are you going to be effective with zero mana regen and no major buffs?

Immobile buffs should not be mandatory for any class.
    Edited by Inarre on July 12, 2018 8:52PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    Love it too. Though I would be really disappointed if they removed the protection buff.

ESO just needs to admit that making templars stand in a house, while a great lore-based idea, is a terrible idea in practice, and let it go. Standing in a tiny circle will only be viable in some situations.

Sirorias can be taken off for mobile content where it impedes progress or is ineffective. Focus can be taken off the bar, but how are you going to be effective with zero mana regen and no major buffs?

The tiny circle has it's place, and the new suggestion retains some of that.

Balance and delicate care should be taken with these changes, I think expedition or expedition and protection is fine, gives them mobility but rewards them for staying put. The key is to make both options viable with a single toolset and I think this does that.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »

The tiny circle has it's place, and the new suggestion retains some of that.

Balance and delicate care should be taken with these changes, I think expedition or expedition and protection is fine, gives them mobility but rewards them for staying put. The key is to make both options viable with a single toolset and I think this does that.

The tiny circle had its place. But now it's only there to give you 2k resistances. So in my mind there is no place for the circle.