The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cradle of Shadows vet HM Maze help

karekiz
karekiz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The fight itself goes fine with my group but we usually end up losing somebody due to maze. What causes hoarvers to enrage and sprint onto people?

This is the route I usually take: https://imgur.com/a/vwvK0xP

Is there anything that can be improved?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The route you posted looks good. As for Hoarvers I think they are just on a timer. They do seem to attack quicker if you hit them instead of avoiding them, but eventually they will catch up to you. You can try using any type of speed boost to help (Retreating Maneuvers, Mist Form, Swift jewelry, etc.).
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    The fight itself goes fine with my group but we usually end up losing somebody due to maze. What causes hoarvers to enrage and sprint onto people?

This is the route I usually take: https://imgur.com/a/vwvK0xP

Is there anything that can be improved?

It's really just practice. Purge is useful to remove debuffs, but I find it most effective to just burst down the dremora adds as you pass them (2 LA+direct damage skills should kill them). This basically means you'll be running backwards for a good bit of your path as a dps. If you have more than half your stamina, you can use a little sprint to make up some time.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't do any damage to the hoarvers at all
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't hit the adds
    Use a Heal over time
    Then use Rapids and just run.

Try to get each DPS to take the lights, as the Healer and Tank will both have a heal that can keep each DD alive if you do get into trouble in the maze.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Don't hit the adds
    Use a Heal over time
    Then use Rapids and just run.

Try to get each DPS to take the lights, as the Healer and Tank will both have a heal that can keep each DD alive if you do get into trouble in the maze.

I agree make sure dps pick up torches.

I use a mini map addon.
    Pretry sure u can toggle your actual map. I cant remever sadly. I just dont remeber the maze being a issuse.
  • sulima
    sulima
    ✭✭✭
    What works best for me is to mark the center of the main room, no need to have an add on just follow your mark through the maze to make your way back

• HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sulima wrote: »
    What works best for me is to mark the center of the main room, no need to have an add on just follow your mark through the maze to make your way back

This works? I did it on HM already (got a great PUG which is rare) but i still sometimes *** up at hoarvers. SO I'm a bit nervous for no death run :neutral:

Will try this out next time :dizzy:
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU