The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console Freeze/Lag Migrating to PC NA

Slowbromance
Slowbromance
✭✭✭
During normal play in Cyrodiil it's common for me to experience some lag while combating at large defenses/offenses, but ever since Thursday this past week it has spiked noticeably.

I have begun experiencing times when I can barely move. There are periods within a battle where I can see us both slightly freezing and unfreezing during combat. We're each just hoping we get our attacks off through the lag and freezing.

During these times my latency reaches 300-500 ping, and the game becomes virtually unplayable. I live very close to the NA servers, so I know it has nothing to do with distance. I've been seeing so many posts from console leaving reports like the behavior I'm now seeing since summerset dropped. It seems like whatever is happening on console they are trying to compensate with PC resources.

Anybody else in PC NA notice a considerable drop in playability (moreso than normal) on Thursday?
-Shadow hide you
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not happening to us on Console. We don’t lag before we freeze. We just freeze and can still hear voice chat, but cannot move. We have to completely quit the game to fix it.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    During normal play in Cyrodiil it's common for me to experience some lag while combating at large defenses/offenses, but ever since Thursday this past week it has spiked noticeably.

I have begun experiencing times when I can barely move. There are periods within a battle where I can see us both slightly freezing and unfreezing during combat. We're each just hoping we get our attacks off through the lag and freezing.

During these times my latency reaches 300-500 ping, and the game becomes virtually unplayable. I live very close to the NA servers, so I know it has nothing to do with distance. I've been seeing so many posts from console leaving reports like the behavior I'm now seeing since summerset dropped. It seems like whatever is happening on console they are trying to compensate with PC resources.

Anybody else in PC NA notice a considerable drop in playability (moreso than normal) on Thursday?

Performance has been worse than the usual awfulness we put up with since Summerset dropped.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has completely failed to fix the numerous performance issues with their game. Yes they will tell you "We are working on this or working on that" but in the end nothing is ever done. Wonder why you have seen so many subscriber events lately? Easy to figure out. They are losing ESO Plus players hand over foot. Sure they have a large player base, but the majority of that player base are non ESO subscribers and their numbers are growing daily.

I know for me I will not pay to play a game that is riddled with bugs and game performance issues especially when ZOS has had more than enough time to address and fix those issues. Heck read thru the forums on the ever growing list of complaints about Cyrodiil and well the entire game in general.