Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Cancelling Steam and Going Directly thru Zenimax

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
I am tired of Steam not working every time there is a patch or update, and I would like to leave Steam. I purchased upgrades thru them (i.e., Morrowind and Summerset,), and I have ESO plus.
Can someone be so kind as to tell me what the details are of this? I know how to cancel Steam for ESO, that is easy enough.
Do I then need to re-buy the game thru Zenimax? What about my expansions, and all the purchases I have made the past year?
Thank you.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only tell you what worked for me. Don't cancel Steam. Make sure your Steam account is linked to Bethesda/Zenimax; then buy the game from Bethesda directly from their site. You only have to buy the base game. If they did what they did to me...you won't get a code to log in. Support won't understand what you want or need. However... if you have the game on your computer through Steam... Go to (this is on PC) your folder for program (X 86)/Steam/Steam apps/Common/ZenimaxOnline/ Then click on Launcher folder: Bethesda.net_Launcher. Game will then launch through Zenimax and you must give your username & password that you use for them...NOT Steam! You'll probably get the message of logging in by an unrecognized computer, but a code will be sent to your email! Do the same steps again and this time put in that code that went to your email. You should be then able to log in with this method again through Zenimax and not Steam. Your purchases of any extras (including ESO +) will be assessable when you log in and no loss on your character!