The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP - Summerset Guide to Magicka Sorcerer 1vX & Smallscale

MalcolM24
MalcolM24
✭✭✭✭
Added some gameplay feat oblivion dmg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avhY0lhQsVs

This is my summerset guide for Magicka Sorcerer PvP. I'm covering most there is to know about 1vX & smallscale gameplay. There are more things out there ofc, but these builds are the best of all those I've tried. Enjoy ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaWiidlqVLg

Timestamps:
00:00 Intro
01:09 Defense
07:38 Offense
11:58 Builds
21:39 Champion Points

My previous guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_TUtXRVDs
The pinned comment in that video tells you which parts you can watch for additional information.

PC EU - @MalcolM24
Edited by MalcolM24 on July 6, 2018 5:52PM
  • MalcolM24
    MalcolM24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Added some gameplay to accompany the 'theory' from the guide video, like I did with the previous guide/thread. Enjoy ^^
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on running Shackle and Alteration mastery together? I have been finding really good success with them as a pair, but how do you think that combo stacks up against lich/shackle or amber/shackle? The cost reduction from Alteration across all actions is really beneficial. And without any magicka boosting skills on my bar I am sitting at 40K mag, 17K stam, and 22K health in Cyrodil, and dodge rolling is incredibly easy without the need for all well-fitted.

I do like the idea behind running well-fitted over impen. I was running impen on my small pieces but I think I may switch then to well-fitted to get even more dodge roll cost reduction on top of Alteration Mastery.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalcolM24 , how's the damage on the way of fire build? Are the procs pretty respectable? Base tooltip without CP is only 4k.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Youre still not touching non-cp?
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • MalcolM24
    MalcolM24
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jaws343 alteration is 2nd tier for me, so defenitely worth running indeed, better than smth like seducer. But lich and amber get buffed so much by cp, race, vamp, pot buffs etc. so I use those.

@Adenoma almost 6k in cp and it procs all the time cause each 'part' of force pulse has a 20% chance to proc it.

@montjie you mean sotha sil where its impossible to kite, let alone doing decent 1vX? Or bgs where having 2 wards and fury makes for an effective sorc build? Not to mention cost poisons, proc sets and sloads, just destroying everyone in no cp. Might upload a bg match someday tbh just to prove my point.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalcolM24 wrote: »
    @jaws343 alteration is 2nd tier for me, so defenitely worth running indeed, better than smth like seducer. But lich and amber get buffed so much by cp, race, vamp, pot buffs etc. so I use those.

@Adenoma almost 6k in cp and it procs all the time cause each 'part' of force pulse has a 20% chance to proc it.

@montjie you mean sotha sil where its impossible to kite, let alone doing decent 1vX? Or bgs where having 2 wards and fury makes for an effective sorc build? Not to mention cost poisons, proc sets and sloads, just destroying everyone in no cp. Might upload a bg match someday tbh just to prove my point.

Well, advertizing Zaan certainly isn't helping. It's the single most broken set in no-cp. You already have a bunch of msorc followers crutching on that piece of trash in BGs.

You just cant counter it on some setups vs a highly mobile class.

No personal offense intended.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on July 7, 2018 7:32AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • MalcolM24
    MalcolM24
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, advertizing Zaan certainly isn't helping. It's the single most broken set in no-cp. You already have a bunch of msorc followers crutching on that piece of trash in BGs.

You just cant counter it on some setups vs a highly mobile class.

No personal offense intended.

No cp is so bad with or without zaan so I don't really care. It's not gonna get nerfed unless many ppls use it anyway, much like viper and selene before, or sloads now, so in the long term it might help you after all. And ye in this oblivion-dmg-filled patch I'm gonna offer sorcs smth cheesy/OP too. I don't see the ppls chasing me unslotting stuff cause it's OP.

No offense taken ^^
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    True Msorc in non-cp can be very punishing especially solo. But there are players that are pulling it of very successfully on a regular basis so it's not impossible as you claim.
    Would be nice if an exp Msorc like you would dedicate at least a bit of the guide parts on non-cp combat to help us helpless suckaz on Sotha out a bit but I get where you're coming from.
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • MalcolM24
    MalcolM24
    ✭✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    True Msorc in non-cp can be very punishing especially solo. But there are players that are pulling it of very successfully on a regular basis so it's not impossible as you claim.
    Would be nice if an exp Msorc like you would dedicate at least a bit of the guide parts on non-cp combat to help us helpless suckaz on Sotha out a bit but I get where you're coming from.

I've never seen a sorc doing good 1vx in no cp, and the times I went in there the complete unbalance makes me want to quit the game. Not gonna play smth I don't enjoy. BG's are as close as I want to go to no cp, I'll upload one of those.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »

I've never seen a sorc doing good 1vx in no cp, and the times I went in there the complete unbalance makes me want to quit the game.
    McFrank is an absolute beast on his Msorc in sotha on AD side. Iirc Dimistriya or how you spell it also has some nice 1vX skills on his Msorc on EP side i think. Coachpower carries me ALOT xD nah but hes also very good on the magsorc on DC side.
    Not gonna play smth I don't enjoy. BG's are as close as I want to go to no cp, I'll upload one of those.
    Fair enough
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice guide..
    Another option for gear which I'm running at the mo - which doesn't need amberplasm or any masters staves is Spinners/Lich/2xwillpower(jewels), using serpent mundus. However, you need to run Domi (mis-matched monster sets) for the stam - and also need a couple of tri-glyphs. Ghastly eye bowl drink.

A little more offensive - with more max mag and spinners penetration, lower health though and a little less stam/stam-recov. mag recov is fine with lich and dark conversion.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Nice guide..
    Another option for gear which I'm running at the mo - which doesn't need amberplasm or any masters staves is Spinners/Lich/2xwillpower(jewels), using serpent mundus. However, you need to run Domi (mis-matched monster sets) for the stam - and also need a couple of tri-glyphs. Ghastly eye bowl drink.

A little more offensive - with more max mag and spinners penetration, lower health though and a little less stam/stam-recov. mag recov is fine with lich and dark conversion.

I'm doubtful about the Spinner hype. It puts you dangerously close to overpenetration against light and medium armor.
    Why would you use it over Necro?

For your stam needs, consider a stam regen glyph on your jewelry!
    You want to keep your max mag high for obvious reasons, so armor enchants and mundus are locked, IMO. Spelldamage, however, is expendable.
    And remember, a higher max stam pool only allows you to dodge or break free once more, then it's a dead stat with no scaling provided whatsoever. The trick is to balance regen and pool so that you have enough of a pool to actually let the regen tick often enough. And after you reached the threshold, the regen provides more stamina than a bit more pool. It's a reason I don't really like tristat food.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spinners strength lies with being a frontbar-only set while having nice max-mag bonuses no matter what bar. This gives me 46k max mag, and lets me run 3x spelldmg glyphs for 2.5k spelldmg unbuffed.
    As long as you don't run sharpened and don't spend many CP on penetration, you'll only overpen light armour if someone puts ele drain or something on them.

I'm liking the change over my usual 55k max mag setups. Not saying its better or worse - just a different playstyle - which I needed after getting a bit bored.

I struggle to think of a better set than spinners in that position. BSW could work - but I only ever managed to get the lightning staff.. :-( Sadly sloads would work well (with its stats) - but I'm not gonna use that.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Willpower staff on front is where it's at.
    ;3
    2.5k spellpower with 46k mag is quite good. What's your regens like?
    (o.o)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again unbuffed, mag is around 1670 on front bar (more on back - 1800ish..)
    Stam just below 1k

Lich procs, continuous attack, pot buffs all add a lot to them - as does dark exch. - I also run the mag recov glyph at the mo too (not sure if needed - may try some poisons).

I'm also not a vamp, btw.

Also, I guess I could try dropping 1 monster piece and running 3 WP instead - for a decent spelldmg boost..
    Edited by Biro123 on July 9, 2018 2:19PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, max magicka turns out to be better than Willpower's spellpower.