The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Punished For Dungeon Finder Group Leader Disbanding Group...?

oDezX
oDezX
Not sure if there should be posted here first of all as it seems unintended (I hope it is).

I queued for Dungeon Finder as a DPS. Now we all know it can take ages as DPS to find a group, which it did. Finally got into a group, for some reason though it didn't teleport me to the dungeon. I thought no prob i'll travel to a player, didnt work. I sat there for a few seconds whilst thinking i'll relog, when a request for vote to kick came up. Before I could find out why 2 people leave the group, and the third one disbands it. This puts me on a 15 min cool down before I can queue again, plus another 10+ mins till I match make a group.

This is pretty unfair, 45 minutes of my time wasted. Sure I could be doing quests etc while I wait but this is my Crafter char, I'm doing the Daily each day on him just to get to 50.

[Here's a 30 second video showing it](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFrQSlzGVMk)
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, when someone gets kicked or leaves a group in a dungeon and the leader re-queues, there is a time when one person is porting out and another is porting in or something that fails your jump to the instance. Its that or some weird lag thing. At any rate, people get tired of trying to jump to instance and disband or get tired of waiting and kick. Sounds like that’s what happened. When I get a failed jump, I disband right away to reset my timer or give it a few and try again. Vets won’t kick you, understanding they are just prolonging the situation, unless they say screw it and finish with the bodies they have.
  • xcalibur007
    xcalibur007
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a group who couldn't finish the dungeon. A dps left or was kicked. Then the leader got the pop up to find a replacement and clicked yes. You got got placed in that group. The game still thinks there is 4 people in the instance and stopped you from jumping in. At same time, some else probably initiated a vote kick on another person they think was the problem. It failed, and they thought that the group was a lost cause and left. Then another person saw this as a sign of the group not completing and quit the group, which left just you and the group leader. He also came to the conclusion that he cannot finish the dungeon and quit the group. When there is only 2 people in the group and 1 person quit, it gives you a message of the group disbanded instead of a person quiting.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think its any of the above.
    There is a bug at the moment where 1 or more group members are not ported to the dungeon once it starts.
    Often this coincides with one or 2 members being stuck in an endless load screen.

The only way to get rid of said load screen is to restart the game.
    When you log back in, you usually see 1 member in the dungeon you queued for, one still offline and one has usually already left the group.
    Its a bug, report it.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't get into a dungeon which is midway through. Try changing zones first, or porting straight to the dungeon. The former usually works for me.
  • ii_freeq_ii
    ii_freeq_ii
    Soul Shriven
    I usually just tell em in grp chat that it says instance full and may take a sec for me to travel in. If they still kick after that, I figure theyre not too bright and Im better off waiting for another group neway.

But I totally feel your pain about properly queing as a dps.

On another note, it seems like now theres nothing that can remove the re-que timer. Is that correct? I know before if I got kicked or everybody left group there wouldnt be a timer. Did a FG1 which takes like 5 minutes and still had a timer even though it showed dungeon complete! Thats just crazy if its what they intended.
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it’s due to endless load screen; however in OP’s case, the very first response about someone leaving or getting kicked was the most likely reason.
    They probably wiped on the same boss a few time’s and just gave up. It sucks you got the 15 minute timer though...
    I’ve had the same problem, joined a dungeon already in progress, just to have the group beat the final boss just the 3 of them, then I’m locked out of looking for another dung for 15 mins
    Edited by gnarlyvandal on July 9, 2018 9:08AM