The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game locking up PC

Xahfar
Xahfar
Soul Shriven
Started about a week or so ago (haven't been as active lately due to family medical reasons).

Upon logging in, the PC locks up for approximately 20-40 seconds to the point I cannot even access my task manager. Once I log in and start roaming the world, the same thing happens again. I then go to do my dailies or access guild store and a bunch of items are missing from view and the PC eventually locks up once again. This proceeds to happen throughout my playing experience at random intervals thereafter, making the game virtually unplayable.

I have performed all of the troubleshooting tactics the forum goon copies/pastes, I have repaired the client, updated graphics drivers, rolled back graphics drivers, un-installed all add-ons and even conducted a fresh install. The moment I attempted to log in from the launcher, locked up again.

I have spent the past couple days playing Destiny 2, RIFT, GW2, and even The Secret World via steam, for a couple hours consecutively, with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

[shrugs]

One of the recent updates/patches has seemingly caused a myriad of issues for players who have been vocal, both on the forums and in-game, yet all we receive is copy+pasted troubleshooting material that serves absolutely no purpose at this point.

ESO plus canceled until the game becomes playable again. I guess I jinxed myself, just got my bother playing the game and was bragging about how in the 4+ years since launch I have played I have experienced very little issues. Go figure, heh.
  • Xahfar
    Xahfar
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm, now getting...
    Critical error (physics)

Pending data load error (7270359-c00000000b1bb1)

Only my second attempt to log in after a fresh install.
    Edited by Xahfar on July 6, 2018 9:21PM
  • Xahfar
    Xahfar
    Soul Shriven
    Now can't even make it passed the character select screen, login timeout error.

Can continue to log into Destiny 2 and RIFT with absolutely no issues. Will attempt TSW via steam shortly.
  • Xahfar
    Xahfar
    Soul Shriven
    So, being a PC genius and all, I decided to take it upon myself to open up the PC and give it a good old dusting. I then noticed the sata cable to my SDD (which ESO is the only game installed on) was a bit loose. After a good dusting and complete re-seating of all internal components, ESO is now back to running like normal with no freezing issues in the past several hours.

It now makes sense why other games played flawlessly while ESO didn't. Will be re-installing ESO to my storage drive to avoid any future similar mistakes.