Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Wolfhunter & Update 19 Preview"

• mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    SevenPacer wrote: »
    What's with that crossbow in news page? Is it going to be purely cosmetic or we're getting actual crossbows in game? Or I am just day dreaming ;/
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

MY guess is: Maybe it's part of a personality? So when you're idle you fiddle with the crossbow, but can't actually fire it? Having it as a bow motif is a more fun possibility my imagination conjures :wink:
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Fantastic. Werewolves have been in dire need of fixes and improvements. >:)

I see what you did there... Very clever lol
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does "skill" means only active skill or also refers more generically to any skill, including passive ones? Ex. will I be able to free up just the research passives from Woodworking (Carpentry passive) once I'm done researching without a full reset?
    Edited by Asardes on July 6, 2018 2:23PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the crossbow is just the fighter's guild first ability guys... nothing to see here.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Morlac90
    Morlac90
    Soul Shriven
    "Respec 2.0

With Update 19, you are able to make smaller, more precise changes to your Skills thanks to the updated respec system. With this update, when you reset your Skill Points, you are able to remove Skills individually and are not forced to re-add all of them from scratch, much like how you respec your Champion Points. You can clear all your Skill Points like normal if desired, but this new system will mean that if you only want to make a small change to your character's Abilities, you can!"
    Looking forward to seeing this feature for sure!!
    "Werewolves Updated

If you have a character that carries the curse of lycanthropy, you can enjoy a series of broad improvements and changes to how the Werewolf Skill Line plays with Update 19. These changes place an emphasis on improving their ferocity and momentum in combat, and they affect both the Skill Line's Passive and Active Abilities. For example, the Blood Rage Passive will now increase the duration of your transformation when you deal damage instead of when you take it, and the Roar Active Ability is now instant cast."

Very cool to see some reworking of werewolf, but I was also hoping to see something involving some vampire reworking/updates. Hope that is going to be happening in the future!
  • Vandus
    Vandus
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno At the start of the stream you said that anyone who has their twitch account tied to their ESO account would get at least 1 of the twitch drops, up to 5 depending on how long you watched it. I watched from start to finish and didn't get a single one. Obviously I am on PC or I wouldn't bring it up, but is the lack of promised rewards tied to the issues you encountered during the giveaway, or were you mistaken that people wouldn't all get at least one if they met the requirements?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The email notifications and resulting code redemption were stretched out over at least two and a half hours, not all at once after the stream.

So even if you didn't receive anything right after Live, there's a chance you still received at least one notification later.
    signing off
  • Tilwald
    Tilwald
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hello, Gina! I think you named me on yesterday's Bethesda' stream, it seems that I won "werewolf" giveaway (51:22 on the recorded video). Should I do smth to claim the reward? Thank you in advance

Sincerely, Tilwald
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morlac90 wrote: »
    "Respec 2.0

With Update 19, you are able to make smaller, more precise changes to your Skills thanks to the updated respec system. With this update, when you reset your Skill Points, you are able to remove Skills individually and are not forced to re-add all of them from scratch, much like how you respec your Champion Points. You can clear all your Skill Points like normal if desired, but this new system will mean that if you only want to make a small change to your character's Abilities, you can!"
    Looking forward to seeing this feature for sure!!
    "Werewolves Updated

If you have a character that carries the curse of lycanthropy, you can enjoy a series of broad improvements and changes to how the Werewolf Skill Line plays with Update 19. These changes place an emphasis on improving their ferocity and momentum in combat, and they affect both the Skill Line's Passive and Active Abilities. For example, the Blood Rage Passive will now increase the duration of your transformation when you deal damage instead of when you take it, and the Roar Active Ability is now instant cast."

Very cool to see some reworking of werewolf, but I was also hoping to see something involving some vampire reworking/updates. Hope that is going to be happening in the future!

I'm hoping that we're getting these doggy dungeons now so that next year we can have an entire vampire themed story DLC, in its own zone with new costumes, a home, lots of bats, and a general overabundance of everything dark, sanguine and Gothic.
    PC EU
  • Vandus
    Vandus
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The email notifications and resulting code redemption were stretched out over at least two and a half hours, not all at once after the stream.

So even if you didn't receive anything right after Live, there's a chance you still received at least one notification later.

Right, and it's now 12 hours later and nothing.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be a greate update:
    1. Recall Stones :
    These new items give you and your fellow warriors the ability to traverse Cyrodiil like never before.
    So will it be like a consumable that you use and then you can travel to any Transius Shrine ? This can potentially be a game changer and a good anti-pvdoor system. It also seems to be good way to go back home when you are deep inside enemy territory. The only problem I can see is when someone will say keep/castle/fort xyz MG US 20/20... and then every single person ports there and end up in a 20 minute loading screen...

We'll see. If it becomes available as a Crown Store item, that will be paying to have a distinct advantage. I am cautiously watching this to see who won the arm wrestling contest... Game design focused staff or the marketing focused staff.
    2. Respec 2.0:
    With this update, when you reset your Skill Points, you are able to remove Skills individually and are not forced to re-add all of them from scratch, much like how you respec your Champion Points.
    Oh yeas ! ! ! Thank you ZOS ! This is wonderfull news ! Small things like this makes me soo happy ! It is not much yet it brings me more joy than anything else ! With this news - you made my day ZOS ! I am going to spend some skill points on jewelry research passives immediatly ! :):):)

3. Werewolves Updated
    If you have a character that carries the curse of lycanthropy, you can enjoy a series of broad improvements and changes to how the Werewolf Skill Line plays with Update 19.
    Good ! WW is in need of some improvements. Glad to hear that !

All in all I think update 19 will be a grand test of the whole class representative & feedback system. If all goes well - everyone will be happy.

Werewolves have been so blech in this game that I have one and don't even play it. We'll see if that changes.

Now, the Respec 2.0 sounds very interesting. Again, my perception of ZOS is they they don't do anything for free, so we'll see what insane hoops the player must jump through to avoid paying Crowns.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    The date is 7/7, here's 7 words: Can't wait to see the Patch Notes!
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want to know is there going to be more storage or at least new character slots?????????? Come on!!!!!
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    All I want to know is there going to be more storage or at least new character slots?????????? Come on!!!!!

I doubt they will add any more chests in the 3Q DLC. They could, but I suspect that they feel they are "done for a while" with that.

I don't see anything in the 3Q DLC that would encourage them to add a character slot.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UJ33i6l.png

Posted this in my thread, I'll post it here too
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Release date please?
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    Release date please?

UJ33i6l.png
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Respec 2.0

With Update 19, you are be able to make smaller, more precise changes to your Skills thanks to the updated respec system. With this update, when you reset your Skill Points, you are able to remove Skills individually and are not forced to re-add all of them from scratch, much like how you respec your Champion Points. You can clear all your Skill Points like normal if desired, but this new system will mean that if you only want to make a small change to your character's Abilities, you can!

Made my day! YES!
    Yep. This is pretty much the one thing I wanted. It's so frustrating to build out a character only to realize you picked the wrong morph... and now you have to redo your skills (and their placements) again. This is a good, long overdue change, and I am happy.

We already have the ability to just reset skill morphs. Of course, you have to pick all morphs again, but at least you don't have to put points back into all skills.

With 2.0 it sounds like it'll be just like the Champion system, where you select to redo your points and then can take points out to put elsewhere, then pay the price once finished. Curious to see if they go to a flat respec fee or if it will still be based on the number of skill points you have.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make Werewolves and Vampires skill lines work off of highest stat instead of being pigeonholed into stam and mag only. Imagine the new builds and the fun we could have. My mag warden has been a lvl 10 werewolf for a long time and keeps it over vampire for RP/druid shapeshifting themes. It's such a shame I can't use it effectively.
    Edited by Zardayne on July 9, 2018 8:56PM
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Vandus wrote: »
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The email notifications and resulting code redemption were stretched out over at least two and a half hours, not all at once after the

Right, and it's now 12 hours later and nothing.

Same. ESO account linked, Bethesda account linked (after Stream) there from 10 mins before till 15 mins after and no e-mails and no crates. Disappointed, but mainly wanting to know what went wrong.
    Edited by Jazdia on July 10, 2018 4:33AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upcoming PvP changes? Will believe it when I see it. And keep recall stones? Why? Won't that remove a lot of open world combat?
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara