Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

eso installer no longer works

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i've been trying to install eso on my desktop but i only can find the installer at account.elderscrollsonline.com and it doesn't seem to work, or at least doesn't seem compatible with windows 10.

i got the new Install_ESO.exe started it, it unpacks but nothing happens.

then i found it unpacked on the temp dir and i started setup.exe but i always get the same message: "Windows error 2 occurred while loading the Java VM"

any ideas on how to install ESO on the latest windows 10 version?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an piece about windows 10 anf what you might have to do. Search windows 10 installer in the support section for what to do. On my phone so cant do that for you
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't find any way to install it.

i found a video on youtube explaining that i need to install java before running Install_ESO.exe but it still didn't work on my system. i'm going to try to remove the windows creators update.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... i completely reinstalled windows 10 but Install_ESO.exe still doesn't work.

my computer is probably too old now :( it's a Q6700 ...i was expecting to be able to play at least in low res at 720p but looks like it doesn't even install.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i copied the game files from a laptop to my desktop and i started the game directly from the game directory without any launcher or installation and turns out that ESO is running perfectly even at 1080p on my old Q6700, so... why i-m i not allowed to use the official installer?

anyway, is it safe to keep the game without the launcher, is there any way to download the updates elsewhere?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use the Launcher other than for Patching the game. The game does not care if use a shortcut to the exe.

As for your situation, the game devs increased the base requirements to support better graphics and performance, like multicore and 64 bit OS. So, the Launcher checks for the hardware and will not launch the game if you don't meet the requirements.

My advice, be prepared to dial back settings on your set up.

Oh, and the fix, right here

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30595/kw/
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"