The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Master Writ: Welkynar Style?

Aca2017
Aca2017
✭✭✭
WritWorthy has been complaining recently: "motif not found 73". I can find no reference to crafting motif 73 anywhere on the web, so I just ignored this.

Then, working through the master writ backlog on one of my toons, I ran across this (see screenshot). I am guessing Welkynar is "Crafting Motif 73". However, the web asserts unequivocally that Welkynar is not a craftable style. ESO Fashion has a page for the style, under "Not Craftable" motifs.

Oddly, Tamriel Trade Center has price check information on the writ... I am assuming this is generic to "Sealed Woodworking Writ", not specific to anything having to do with the "Welkynar" style. In any event, TTC generates no search results for anything containing the string "Welkynar" (i.e. no chapters).

Obviously, there is no way to process this writ at the moment (I am glad it is a "low-end" writ, not one that rewards 150+ vouchers, that would be frustrating). Is this a defect, or may I assume Welkynar is going to be available as a craftable motif sometime in the relatively near future?

v0cu2m6n6g2t.png
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would not be the first time a Master Writ that asked for a motif that was not out. I just got to do my two writs that asked for Scalecaller this week.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mr_Bear
    Mr_Bear
    ✭✭
    7lmbc4yzgn3q.jpg

I just got this one today. So much for the patch notes assertion that master writs would no longer ask for styles that weren't available
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a Welkynar master writ. I used/consumed it without looking believing that ZOS wasn't going to pull this *** anymore.

My impression of ZOS is tanking in large part due to this kind of marketing scamming ***.

I will be filling out a ticket for EVERY one of these writs I get, and I suggest everyone do the same. ZOS needs to be flooded with the complaints they deserve for pulling this crap again.
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    So, the answer to the question "Is this a defect, or will the Welkynar motif be craftable in the near future?" is... "yes".

LOL.

The notion that ZOS supposedly "fixed" this issue is unsurprising. Several rather invasive and "obvious" defects (entire crafting motifs "bugged" and their release dates deferred indefinitely, debilitating graphics problems especially in indoor environments, etc... things one would think would be very easy to detect in testing) have been cropping up recently.

Maybe ZOS has had some personnel turnover recently, and there are new people who are not up to speed yet. Regardless, stuff is falling through the cracks.

As for using writs w/o looking... I have been using the WritWorthy addon, and I enable writs for crafting exclusively through its crafting picklist.

WritWorthy doesn't explicitly flag "new" motifs in the tooltip that are apparently not in the game yet. But beyond automating the crafting step itself (which I have annoyingly fat-fingered many times, bad waste of materials), it augments master writ tooltips for things it has selected for crafting and does so again for things that have been crafted and are pending turn-in (as well as flagging them as "crafted" in its picklist, all of which facilitates tracking the writ lifecycle), and flags unknown motifs and insufficient trait research in the tooltip (as well as flagging/disabling them in its picklist). The picklist shows you everything and its status in a sortable table, and you don't "use" the writ until the item has been crafted and you are ready to turn it in. Really helps avoid all manner of human error, including mistaken "wasting" of motifs.

(WritWorthy doesn't help automate turnin, which for a large backlog of writs would be a helpful time-saver. Nor does it know about mimic stones, which would also be helpful.)

In the case of this "Welkynar" writ, there was nothing in the tooltip to indicate it was uncraftable, nor anything to indicate it was "queued for crafting" (despite the fact I had selected everything in the picklist that was craftable). Then I realized it was not in the WritWorthy picklist at all, at which point it was obvious something was off. Then I read the fine print...
    Edited by Aca2017 on July 6, 2018 3:39PM
  • RogueSykoe
    RogueSykoe
    ✭✭
    The one I got isn't low end- hi6p4lrz7lxd.jpg