Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Trial ESO Plus or Get Crown Crates Free During our Bonus Event"

• Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I tnought we just had one of these. Has it been that long, already?

Can I put in a friendly request to offer something to the ESO Plus people aside from Crown Crates, in some future version of this event?

What would you like to see? :)

The return of Loyalty rewards would be a great incentive for the more veteran players. Something unique that screams "I support the game" pets, mounts, unique outfitting items maybe.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed a few posts that were off topic. We understand there are things in ESO that you find frustrating and many things you'd like to see improved; there are other threads where you are welcome to discuss those topics. This conversation is about the ESO Plus Bonus Event, please keep your comments relevant to that topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I tnought we just had one of these. Has it been that long, already?

Can I put in a friendly request to offer something to the ESO Plus people aside from Crown Crates, in some future version of this event?

A furnishing bag or even just add a furnishings tab to the crafting bag.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    As a suggestion for something other than Crown Crates - perhaps some Crowns each day?

I like the free crates since I don't buy them but for others maybe getting that (is 400 crowns for 1 crate?) instead would be better.

I think a mount/pet/collectible would be difficult due to having to log in each day during the event. Would you only get the prize if you logged in every day? What would happen if you didn't log in one of the days? Unless it was made so that logging in at any time during the event awarded the prize - but then ZoS wouldn't get their Daily Login incentive too!

400 Crowns is your cost, not theirs. I'm sure they'd be willing to give you 5-10 Crown Gems and a tattoo instead of a crate.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    As a suggestion for something other than Crown Crates - perhaps some Crowns each day?

I like the free crates since I don't buy them but for others maybe getting that (is 400 crowns for 1 crate?) instead would be better.

I think a mount/pet/collectible would be difficult due to having to log in each day during the event. Would you only get the prize if you logged in every day? What would happen if you didn't log in one of the days? Unless it was made so that logging in at any time during the event awarded the prize - but then ZoS wouldn't get their Daily Login incentive too!

I think the crowns per day instead of crate is probably the best suggestion, since people could choose different things.
    My instinctual response was that I'd love an outfit slot or token, but I know for some this would have zero appeal.
    Another poster suggested dye stamps and personally these would annoy me more than anything. I usually delete the ones we get from leveling rewards. They just take up inventory space. I can already dye my costumes with ESO+ so the dye stamps are unappealing.
    So there ya go. Can't please everybody with very specific items, which is probably why they went with crates in the first place.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that short-lived events like these probably float better from a marketing standpoint, but I myself am less interested in such things compared to more substantive improvements to ESO Plus. The inventory space and housing item allowances have been very adequate replacements for things like the missing DLC that were initially (and actually continually) advertised as ESO Plus benefits. I myself find benefits like that vastly preferable to getting a bunch of gambling boxes that I won't even open.

Here are a handful of ideas that might be nice to sneak into ESO Plus over the coming years :
    • Free wayshrine teleports
    • Free outfit changes
    • Consolidated writ surveys somehow
    • the return of subscriber bonuses, done similar to daily rewards but at much longer intervals.

( And yes people I know wayshrines are free if you are at one, I'm referring to the mid-field teleports ;) )
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    More chances for that dwemer mount then :smiley:

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always wanted a dwemer sphere. A recolor of one so that you can tell the difference between a loyalty and a new one
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The store item I am longing for the most is a new horse that looks like a horse. The ‘slender’ model is hideous. I’d love to see some fresh skins on the original model, which could still use some tweaking (the gaping mouth and wonky rear legs) but is nevertheless slightly superior to the new model.

Of course, I understand that if rewards are limited to a specific item then lots of people will be disappointed as not everything appeals to everyone. I deliberately timed my Morrowind purchase to avoid getting the Nix-ox. So how about giving us choices beyond specific items and beyond RNG crates?

With so many free crates available these days, gems have become a ‘loyalty currency,’ accrued by time spent in game or financially supporting the game. I’d love to see a ‘loyalty’ gem shop accessible to ESO+ that offers more than just the current season’s crate items. I’ve got almost 500 gems plus a Sweetroll but nothing from the Psijic crates is appealing to me. Every item from every crate I open gets extracted so the stash keeps growing. It would be really great to be able to access items for gems from previous seasons, even if only occasionally, or other past crown exclusives that have never reappeared, even if only during special store events.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    With so many free crates available these days, gems have become a ‘loyalty currency,’ accrued by time spent in game or financially supporting the game.

I find this a scary, somewhat threatening, idea. I hope that the people at ZOS do not see it that way. Well, at least none of the decision makers at ZOS.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • xgoldelf
    xgoldelf
    I’m waiting for my card to come in the mail to make a purchase hoping it comes any day and I was going to get an eso membership. I see the event is starting July 10-16. A question to ZOS but will I still be able to acquire the 6 psijic crates if I get a membership instead of the trial and login between those days?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

eso plus member crown sales would be nice O.o
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

eso plus member crown sales would be nice O.o

They might not be noting replies to this chain here (since there is a thread for it), but along those lines, I would be interested in a Crown Store sale for the duration of the event for paid ESO Plus members.

My reason for starting this is that Crown Crates don't ring my bell, so that sort of leaves me left out of the fun.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for subbing:

I would like to see loyalty rewards return. I still mostly use that striped tiger senche mount with a sense of pride.

And if you'd like to make my black little heart pump a few times, an extra outfit slot on each character would certainly get it going.

In regards for a short term events... I don't mind crates as I will never, ever, buy them. But it all does seem rather pointless at the end of the event when I open my 4 to 6 crates and get a bunch of useless poisons and potions. My CP is also in the 900s... so yet another XP scroll is just as useless to me.

If you were going to stick with the crates, I guess, honestly, I'd prefer a generous pack of crown gems for each day logged on so I can buy, or save up, for exactly what would interest me. If you did that I'd be damn sure to log on each day... which I already do anyway, but that's besides the point. I'd be more excited to do so.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

blue/purple furnishing recipes. Maybe some housing items. :wink:
    Edited by Vanthras79 on July 7, 2018 10:17PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Free skill, CP respecs or at the very least discounts
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Token based subscriber reward system allowing you to pick your rewards rather than a chance at 3 potions and a duplicate eyelash would be cool :)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

The Striped Tiger Senche was special for a while; it was a great reward. We have a million mounts and costumes now, but unique mounts or costumes or even full motifs would be far more rewarding than 25 Fortifying Crown meals thatn you turn into gems that can buy nothing interesting or special either.

In that vein, how about the long-delayed Moonlight Senche Mount that was supposed to be the matching counterpart to the Moonlight Senche Pet? I've been waiting ages for this mount to come out, and ZOS never has answered why the delay. We know the asset was made and saw it in PTS a long time ago. Since they just pimped out the Moonlight Senche pet again during a recent sale in June, why not release the mount as a reward?

While this is something I'd like to see, I don't think it should be something offered during this event. Why? Because if they were to offer a unique mount to ESO+ players, you'd have a lot of non-subs who would only sub for a month to get the mount and then unsub after. So, you'd have a lot of non-ESO+ members sporting a mount that is intended for ESO+ members. If they were to introduce such unique rewards, I would rather have them tied to a certain number of months subbed, than just a reward for anyone who happens to be subbed during the promotional event.

I'd rather have free crowns for each day logged in or free gems to purchase crate items outright, rather than playing the lottery. But, I suspect they offer crates since even if someone only subs to get those crates, it's only one additional crate for the price and it's another way to get people hooked on crates.

One thought was to enhance the existing benefits on a daily basis for the duration. I know that XP, and inspiration boost, and research time reductions are not flashy, so they tend to get panned, but they are useful. Maybe double that during the event.

Another thought was to double crafting resource harvests (plants, ore, mob drops, etc) for the duration. Give people something to put in that bottomless bag.

A new thought would be to tie into the daily rewards and have a claimable reward every day. Have it progress each day so that on the last day there is something like a 100% XP scroll for those who were on each day.

These are some great ideas! Give a nice extra benefit to current ESO+ members that doesn't encourage subbing just for a month to get something really cool.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 9, 2018 5:37PM
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a special tab in the crown store available only to eso+ members that gives us the ability to buy retired crown store costumes, mounts, etc. using crowns or gems.

This
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything that can be done about the timing of events in the future? I've learned that in ESO events, "a day" starts at 10am EDT (= 2 pm GMT), since I missed a limited-time offer because I thought I had the whole day to buy it. However, this start time is highly confusing considering that the Daily Rewards can be collected from 8pm EDT (= midnight GMT).

We have at least 3 different timers to remember:
    • 7pm EST / 8pm EDT (= midnight GMT) - When Daily Rewards reset.
    • 1am EST / 2am EDT (= 6am GMT) - When Writs and Pledges reset.
    • 9am EST / 10am EDT (= 2 pm GMT) - When events reset and limited-time offers start/finish.

In addition to that there's also your own personal 20 hour timer per character for mount training and Random Daily Dungeon, plus whatever the timer is for Fencing (I don't do a lot of thieving so I'm not sure if it's 20 or 24 hours), and your own personal 7 day timer per character for lootboxes from Trials! It's too many different timers for one person to remember!

Could these timers possibly be synchronised?
    Edited by baratron on July 10, 2018 9:32AM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »

The opportunity to purchase past limited time offerings directly from the Crown Store.

Never going to happen. Having "limited time" sales are good for buisness. I don't even blame ZOS for having them.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »
    lygerseye wrote: »

The opportunity to purchase past limited time offerings directly from the Crown Store.

Never going to happen. Having "limited time" sales are good for buisness. I don't even blame ZOS for having them.

But it would still be limited... It would just be opened for the duration of the ESO+ event. The alternative is what they have in place now: only one chance to buy it directly then it’s gone forever or hidden behind crates (and I don’t buy crates).
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jailbirdy wrote: »
    Entice all those lost subs due to performance back into the game.

Once they hit Cyrodill, they might remember why they left....

I don't think it'll work for them. They're scrambling to bring in new subs to replace those people, including me, because it's all about $$$ with ZOS, not game performance
    Edited by valeriiya on July 10, 2018 3:21PM
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭

They probably set up a trial event every month now to encourage people to be subscribed for the whole year.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

The Striped Tiger Senche was special for a while; it was a great reward. We have a million mounts and costumes now, but unique mounts or costumes or even full motifs would be far more rewarding than 25 Fortifying Crown meals thatn you turn into gems that can buy nothing interesting or special either.

In that vein, how about the long-delayed Moonlight Senche Mount that was supposed to be the matching counterpart to the Moonlight Senche Pet? I've been waiting ages for this mount to come out, and ZOS never has answered why the delay. We know the asset was made and saw it in PTS a long time ago. Since they just pimped out the Moonlight Senche pet again during a recent sale in June, why not release the mount as a reward?

I want a Moonlight Senche Mount very badly actually.

Bonus points if its a Leopard.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Farduumkharis
    So... eso plus for everyone - started today..?

any advice for troubleshooting why it's not working?

(i'd settle for changing a costume i obscenely colored while on ambien...
    the crafting bag's almost too much to ask for)
    Edited by Farduumkharis on July 11, 2018 2:44AM
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be too difficult to organise a freebie on the yearly anniversary of your subscription?

Maybe a costume or pet to start with and after 2 years or so an Apex Mount?

Be great if it was cumulative too. I know some people cancel their subscription for a few months due to work then return.
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon @ZOS_DaryaK Why are you doing maintenance these days? Yesterday my сraftbag didn't work, today I can't enter and start the game, because the service began.
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mojo_nCitor Did you activate the free trial? You need to go into the Crown Store and IIRC it's under 'ESO Plus'. There should be a screen with an 'activate free trial' button on it there.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Farduumkharis
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome - THANK YOU!!

i'm used to being a member / i don't recall having to do that

<Facepalm!!>