Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I was bored, so I wrote a background story for my character

CalibarZero
CalibarZero
✭✭
Hi guys, I have nothing useful to say for my introduction. I'm an ESO player, I play a plethora of characters and I ended up writing a story for my dark elf templar. Okay, that's all, here we go.

A crowd of people gathered around the house whispering rumors of what had happened to each other. No one saw what had happened, and no one dared to do more than watch. The door to the house was wide open for all to see, inside lay the bodies of two people, both dark elves, a husband and a wife, dead from two stab wounds. Inside the house, drawers and cabinets were opened, tables were cleaned and turned, chests were unlocked and everything that could be considered valuable was gone. Kneeling over the two dead bodies, was a young girl, the daughter of the deceased. Her face expressionless and body unmoving, but tears were dripping from her eyes.

The crowd of people continued to whisper to each other, wondering what to do with the grisly scene, when two dark elf men, led by a Breton woman, all dressed in dark robes approached the house.
"Poor child, you must have been through a lot." The breton woman said to the young girl, "Why don't you come with us to our orphanage, we can give you a new home." The Breton woman continued. The young child, her face still expressionless, eyes still affixed on the bodies of her dead parents said nothing. The Breton woman, went over to the child, picked her up, and began to carry her away from the house.
"What is your name child?" The Breton woman asked.
"Lehita." The young dark elf child answered.

For several years, Lehita was kept in a cell in a dark crypt, far away from her home in Deshaan. Within the crypt, away from the sunlight, and the outside world, all Lehita could think about and remember was the death of her parents. The day of their death replayed in her mind in an endless loop, torturing her. She remembered her mother, asking her to get food from the grocery, and coming back home only to find that in the brief time she was gone, her parents were killed. On Lehita's twentieth birthday, she heard the sound of her cell door creak open. Lehita shifted her eyes to see the Breton woman who first found her standing over her, appearing as she did when the two first met.
"Would you like to see your parents again?" She asked. Lehita's eyes jolted wide open and for the first time in a long time, she expressed emotion. She immediately turned to face the mysterious woman who took her all those years ago.
"More than anything." Lehita eagerly exclaimed.
"Let us head to the nearby dolmen then, a ritual has been prepared for you, and others like you," The woman explained, "there, you will get a chance to see your family once more." The Breton woman extended her hand to Lehita and Lehita in turn, stood up and took it.

At the dolmen, a circle of casters in dark robes stood around a magical circle. On the circle was a young high elf man, around the same age as Lehita, and in front of him was a glowing orb. Lehita and the Breton woman watched as the casters chanted something in a mysterious, yet sinister sounding language.
"I see him, I see my father!" The high elf shouted with excitement. He stared deeply into the orb, shouting for his father to hear him. As he was shouting at the orb, one of the casters approached the high elf from behind and drew a knife. The caster then struck the young high elf, as he did so, a blue light in the form of the high elf appeared and was absorbed by the orb. The high elf then dropped dead on the circle.
"What is this? What's going on?" Lehita demanded. The Breton woman didn't respond, instead she tightened her grip on Lehita. Lehita tried to break free but found herself too weak to do so. The Breton woman dragged Lehita on to the circle while and another caster held her down.
"Let me go!" Lehita screamed as she tried to break free from the people holding her down.

The casters began to chant their spell when a thunderous sound of hooves, warhorns and people shouting interrupted the casters.
"What are you doing? Finish the ritual." The Breton woman demanded. The casters began to chant their spell again when one of them dropped to their knees, revealing an arrow sticking out from behind him.
"Surround the dolmen, take out the cultists, make sure what ever they're doing here isn't completed." A Redguard with an authoritative sounding voice ordered. All at once, a crowd of adventurers stormed the dolmen, attacking the cultists with swords, arrows and magic. In the chaos, the Breton woman took the orb and chanted a spell, as she finished a rift opened above the dolmen and three large anchors dropped down.
"Brace yourselves, the daedra are coming." The Redguard shouted. All at once the adventurers readied their weapons for more combat.
"You've done nothing mortal, kneel before me and submit to the power of Molag Bal." roared a voice from the rift. As the voice finished fire and ash rained down from the rift, spawning all manner of Daedra. As the daedra drew their weapons, the adventurers all let out a unified battle cry and began clashing with the Daedra. Between the fighting Lehita snuck her way into the dolmen and curled up into a ball, covering her eyes and ears from the sound of steel, and explosions.

After a resounding victory, the adventurers lifted their weapons and cried a victory cry. "Good work everyone, we've dealt a grave blow to Molag Bal today. Molag Bal claims to be all powerful, but tonight, he faced a force even mightier than anything he could ever dream of, the unified force of all Tamriel working together as one." The Redguard boasted. As he finished, the crowd of adventurers let another victory cry, and began walking away. One of the adventurers, a nord templar, stopped when she heard the sound of Lehita's whimpering. The Templar approached the dolmen to investigate and found Lehita curled up into a ball and crying. The Templar turned to her companions, who were all walking away, and then turned back to face Lehita.
"There, there. It's all over, you can return home now." The Templar said. Lehita, still whimpering, opened her eyes and loosened up from her curled position. Without facing the Templar, she said "I don't have a home."

The Templar paused for a moment, thought to herself, and finally said "Why don't you come with us then? I can't replace what you've lost, but maybe this can be the start of something new." She told Lehita, "I'm sure you'd make a fine adventurer."
Lehita turned to the Templar who saved her and asked, "Who are you people?"
The Templar simply responded "We are Undaunted."

"What are you thinking about?" The Wood elf asked as he placed a hand on Lehita's shoulder. Lehita, shaken by her companion's sudden question, snapped out of her dream and looked around. Before her was the dolmen she and her adventuring party recently cleared out. Lehita then went to sit down on the stairs of the dolmen and turned to her companion.
"Just... old memories." Lehita said softly.
"Well, I'll leave you to your daydreaming then, I just wanted to let you know, Fights-With-Shield found something interesting, supposedly in Rivenspire, there was an Ayleid ruin that was converted into a school for magic, but one of the teachers there went mad and killed all the students." The wood elf said.
"That sounds interesting." Lehita replied.
"It is, but it could be dangerous, who knows what manner of undead still lurks those halls." Said an Argonian knight as he approached the dolmen, "Are you prepared to face whatever's inside?"

"Prepared? Of course we're prepared! We are Undaunted!" Exclaimed a fourth voice, a female high elf in magic robes.
"That's the spirit, Who knows no fear of beast and blade!" The wood elf began, "Undaunted! Undaunted!" the other two cheered. Lehita smiled as she watched her companions recite their chant, then picked up her staff, and got up.
"Who knows no fear of Daedric planes!" Lehita joined in, "We are Undaunted!" shouted the group. The group picked up their gear and with spirits high, began to march towards their next adventure.
Edited by CalibarZero on July 2, 2018 7:08PM
  • CalibarZero
    CalibarZero
    ✭✭
    So, I just typed out this entire thing and noticed a few errors i'd like to fix, does anyone know how to edit stuffs?

Found the edit button
    Edited by CalibarZero on July 2, 2018 8:24AM
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice little story.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. All my characters have a backstory, but I rarely have time to put it down in words.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • d3adkid
    d3adkid
    ✭✭
    Wow. It took me two days to read this.
    I aspire to become a thin yet fat tank.