Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Master Writ Drops - Do I have to Be in Reaper's March?

ProfesseurFreder
ProfesseurFreder
✭✭✭✭✭
Do writ vouchers only drop in specific locations, or can they found at any crafting drop-off point? I watched a video that said they would only drop in your alliance’s highest-level area, i.e. Reaper’s March or Bangkorai… but I have not been able to find anything written anywhere to confirm that.

I hope it’s not true, because sometimes it’s a pain in the neck to head out to Reaper’s March just to drop off crafting writs….
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
-- William Faulkner.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason they said that was because master writs only drop from the top tier writs - which writ tiers used to be tied to their turn-in location (which actually was Craglorn)

So no, as long as you are doing the top tier writ available (asks for items using the highest level material) you can pick up/do/turn in the writs at any location and have a chance to receive master writs.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what exactly you like to know:
    1) Writ vouchers are only rewarded by Rolis Hlaalu, who indeed is located in each capital city (wayrest, elden root, mournhold), for completed master writs.

2) Master writs have a chance to drop of any dailie crafting-writ (max level) your level-50-crafter handed in at any writ drop-off point found in all major cities.

Once you take on a daily or master crafting task its teated like a quest and can be activated in the journal. Equally there are quest markers at the closes drop site on your map.

3) rawl'ka is a very easy city to do daily crafting writs, but obviously you would not be able to hand in master writs there.

• ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These answer my question, thank you, guys!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.