Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Wolfhunter & Update 19 Preview"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
fd32640675e34e4cf2dcfa152a8fb77b.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Wolfhunter & Update 19 Preview" blog article.

Are you predator or prey? Answer the call of the Great Hunt and face Hircine's beasts in Wolfhunter, The Elder Scrolls Online's next DLC game pack. Scout out two brand-new dungeons and Update 19 in this preview article.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respec 2.0

With Update 19, you are be able to make smaller, more precise changes to your Skills thanks to the updated respec system. With this update, when you reset your Skill Points, you are able to remove Skills individually and are not forced to re-add all of them from scratch, much like how you respec your Champion Points. You can clear all your Skill Points like normal if desired, but this new system will mean that if you only want to make a small change to your character's Abilities, you can!

Made my day! YES!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The idea of Keep recall stones does not sit well with me. That being said if we can actually re-spec the morphs of skills one at a time now I dont even care what else y'all do with the update, I'm all in.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will you guys announce what the collectibles are for doing the Hm, speed-run and no-death achievements for the dungeons?
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    When will you guys announce what the collectibles are for doing the Hm, speed-run and no-death achievements for the dungeons?

I think in tomorrows Live Stream
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »

Oh yeah i forgot about that. I usually don't tune in to the live streams but do for the dungeon DLCs! Super excited to see what the skin will look like and what the other collectible will be!
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Respec 2.0

With Update 19, you are be able to make smaller, more precise changes to your Skills thanks to the updated respec system. With this update, when you reset your Skill Points, you are able to remove Skills individually and are not forced to re-add all of them from scratch, much like how you respec your Champion Points. You can clear all your Skill Points like normal if desired, but this new system will mean that if you only want to make a small change to your character's Abilities, you can!

Made my day! YES!

Agreed! This is a feature for which I have been wishing for years. This is a huge convenience improvement.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just fixing your servers 1st?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the skill respec change.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this! Even more excited for the update now, especially with the werewolf changes! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I read "reintroduces keep degradation", I remembered I really don't understand how resource level(s) work. Can anyone offer input/related posts that explains Level 1-5, how to tell what a resource is at, and what this degradation means?
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    What's with that crossbow in news page? Is it going to be purely cosmetic or we're getting actual crossbows in game? Or I am just day dreaming ;/
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by SevenPacer on July 5, 2018 4:12PM
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    As I read "reintroduces keep degradation", I remembered I really don't understand how resource level(s) work. Can anyone offer input/related posts that explains Level 1-5, how to tell what a resource is at, and what this degradation means?

If you click on the resource or keep on your map, you should be able to view the level of the resource and what each level means. I'm pretty sure its in the help menu too. Each level usually increases the health of the resource/keep and the abilities the guards can use.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean there's a way to not get eclipsed every 6 seconds? o:)

Thanks much @VaranisArano.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finally, Update 19 reintroduces keep degradation and condenses both the levels for Keeps and Resources. With these changes, it is as important as ever to capture Resources, giving small group or solo players meaningful ways to contribute to the war.
    I hope this is supposed to mean that it will be more important than it ever has been to capture Resources, not that it will only be as important as ever.

Could be an interesting change! We'll see.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    "Don't forget, since Update 18, Battlegrounds were moved to the base game and can be enjoyed by all!" - False and miss leading.

Please refer to [1] [2] and [3] in the Battlegrounds & Dueling category on the official forums.

Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS maintenance... ... Natch Potes?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Respec 2.0

Excellent! :smiley:
    The idea of Keep recall stones does not sit well with me. That being said if we can actually re-spec the morphs of skills one at a time now I dont even care what else y'all do with the update, I'm all in.

Wait to see how they work first.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »

Oh yeah i forgot about that. I usually don't tune in to the live streams but do for the dungeon DLCs! Super excited to see what the skin will look like and what the other collectible will be!

ye, its usually pretty late in my region, so I usually watch it the day after
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, it’s a dlc.
    Looks like some cool changes.
    Can has fixed servers first? Super laggy atm. I’d skip this update for smoother gameplay. I would like to be able to switch weapons during battle effectively before exploring this great update.
    Savvy?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    PTS maintenance... ... Natch Potes?

Not yet ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Respec 2.0

Excellent! :smiley:

Wait to see how they work first.

True. Not enough known yet to form a real opinion. Just my initial reaction upon reading it.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That hat and crossbow ensemble doesn't look anything at all like Van Helsing, does it ;)
    PC EU
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounting in that BG's map? How will that work, does everyone get standardized horse stats or do we keep our horse own horse stats? Hopefully standardized as people with 60 speed mounts will get to the power sigil, flags, and chaos call sooner than everyone else.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will any changes from feedback from the class reps or any class balance be in this update? If not when should we expect it?
    Edited by DeathStalker on July 5, 2018 4:19PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SevenPacer wrote: »
    What's with that crossbow in news page? Is it going to be purely cosmetic or we're getting actual crossbows in game? Or I am just day dreaming ;/
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Reading between the lines of the article my bet is that the Crossbow will just be a new Motif bow style or maybe an Outfit style option.

PC EU
  • Faffox
    Faffox
    There are many more updates, improvements, and fixes coming with Update 19, including some Class changes based on feedback from the ESO community.

Oh boy here we go.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic. Werewolves have been in dire need of fixes and improvements. >:)
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will this be available on console? As in playable? Or will it be a load screen simulator with new pictures/dashboard shortcut?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Mounting in that BG's map? How will that work, does everyone get standardized horse stats or do we keep our horse own horse stats? Hopefully standardized as people with 60 speed mounts will get to the power sigil, flags, and chaos call sooner than everyone else.

People could still use Rapids and Swift jewelry to gain an edge but the base mount speed needs to be the same. Agreed.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    Will this be available on console? As in playable? Or will it be a load screen simulator with new pictures/dashboard shortcut?

Yes, and i'm very excited about the upcoming new feature we have to deal with....unintentionally for sure!

PS5|EU