The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Viability of PVP

alcal32
alcal32
✭✭
I exclusively play this game for PvP, and while i'm not the best or even "good" it's become clear that every single new DLC has more game breaking bugs than fixes. It has come to the point where I am NOT excited when they announce a new DLC because it is guaranteed to detract from any fun that the game offers, usually for a period of a month or MORE. Clockwork brought the infinite load screen, and even that wasn't as bad as the mid-fight freezes that are currently plaguing Cyrodiil since the release of Summerset. I am talking 4-5 hard freezes an hour, at random intervals, having nothing to do with the population of the current area. I am disappointed especially since the Midyear Mayhem event will be starting soon, Cyrodiil population will grow exponentially and my favorite part of the game will be unplayeable for the next month or so.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • alcal32
    alcal32
    ✭✭
    BGs

BG's don't solve the problem of one of the *selling point* features of the game being bugged beyond enjoyability. I'll also be honest i don't enjoy BGs because of the fast pace of action. I like protecting the flanks of a zerg AKA zerg-surfing, and just fighting in the middle of empty land.
    Options
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I don't think ESO is a game for you, always been this way, always will be this way.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say, that's where I am at the mo..

Not to mention the PVE grind you gotta do every dlc to stay competitive
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, speaking from the ps4 point of view, Imperial City has been performing extremely well since Summerset and has been virtually free of the freezing, loadscreens, and lag that plagues cyrodiil...

As a result I have been playing there almost exclusively and have been having a blast...

Just something to think about...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BGs

Some people enjoy BGs, but it's disingenuous to suggest that people who play this game for the Alliance War can get what they want out of BGs. The two are completely different experiences.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, speaking from the ps4 point of view, Imperial City has been performing extremely well since Summerset and has been virtually free of the freezing, loadscreens, and lag that plagues cyrodiil...

As a result I have been playing there almost exclusively and have been having a blast...

Yeah IC is great performance wise - nobody's ever there. Problem solved ZoS Devs - remove the players. Your strategy of releasing broken content makes sense now - those are the 'performance updates' every patch includes; I get it now.
    Options
  • alcal32
    alcal32
    ✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Then I don't think ESO is a game for you, always been this way, always will be this way.

I don’t know how long YOU’VE been playing, but ESO cyrodiil PvP has worked well in the past, maybe you haven’t been there long enough to notice, but almost every large patch is the problem not the lenght of time i’ve been playing the game.
    Options
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alcal32 wrote: »

I don’t know how long YOU’VE been playing, but ESO cyrodiil PvP has worked well in the past, maybe you haven’t been there long enough to notice, but almost every large patch is the problem not the lenght of time i’ve been playing the game.

Yes, every patch the game introduces new bugs and gets worse, and that is what I was referring to that will never change.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah IC is great performance wise - nobody's ever there. Problem solved ZoS Devs - remove the players. Your strategy of releasing broken content makes sense now - those are the 'performance updates' every patch includes; I get it now.

Which platform are you on?

Atleast on ps4, the IC population is rock solid at peak hours...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • alcal32
    alcal32
    ✭✭
    alcal32 wrote: »

Yes, every patch the game introduces new bugs and gets worse, and that is what I was referring to that will never change.

okay maybe i’m just mad, you’re not wrong. But what makes IC work at what cyrodiill fails? that may be an avenue for the devs to look at. I just want the part of the game which i enjoy fixed.
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P2W games are awesome !
    Options