Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Any way to stop ESO (not steam) friends from being notified when I log in/log out of ESO?

AuraoftheAzureSea
AuraoftheAzureSea
✭✭✭
Hi,

I use the ESO client (not Steam) and the game seems to send everyone on your friends list messages when you log in/log out. Sometimes I am logging in briefly before work or logging in and out frequently throughout the day and it's very annoying when people message me as soon as I log in when I know I'm not in a position to chat and am about to leave. Is there any way to disable these notifications outside of refusing to add people to your friends list?

It's not that I don't want people to be able to contact me - I just would prefer it if it didn't spam notifications.

If that's not an option, is there any way to be able to play without people knowing that you are online in general?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear ya and often feel the same.

The only way I know of (PC here) is to go into your friends list and set yourself to 'offline'. If you log off with it set that way then when you log back on you'll still be set to off line. One consideration I discovered about this is that you can hear and reply on zone, say but cannot hear whispers or reply to them since they won't go through to you (as you are 'off line').

Another option I have not tried is setting yourself (same way - from your friends list) to not available or do not disturb (forget what the game calls it). Again, I have not tried this and am not sure if it prevents friends from seeing you log on or not.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo