The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamblade PVE DPS stat benchmarks

jlb1705
jlb1705
✭✭✭
I'm playing around with the build editor on UESP and I'm trying to find an ideal (for me) combination of gear/potions/enchants/traits/mundus/etc. for my stamblade. I'm not doing trials or vMA or getting any of the associated gear anytime soon, so I'm trying to make my own sort of intermediate build that is beyond a beginner's build but isn't endgame. My question is, what benchmarks should I be aiming for with certain key stats? I see all kinds of build guides that say what skills and gear to wear, but seldom see recommendations on the underlying stats. Since I'm not in a position to adopt a meta build (nor would I necessarily want to), I want to know what stats will still be OK if go for a slightly unconventional build.

With only a food/drink buff active, what should I have in each of these areas?:
  • Health: I already know that just above 16K is ideal
  • Stamina: ???
  • Stamina Regen: ???
  • Crit Chance: ???
  • Weapon Damage: ???
  • Physical Penetration: I already know that I need to get as close to 18.2K as possible
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody answered this. Hmm.

Alcasthq.com has stat screen shots. They’re always maxed out trial builds, but offer an idea. My main is a stamblade, and I like to run a lot of the stuff you’re talking about...hard, but not endgame trials. So using alcast as a starting point:

Health: yeah, like 17-18 probably. I don’t have anything invested in health but the food, so that's kinda where it lands on a fully developed character.

Stam: 35-40k is a good range to shoot for.

Regen: I flip around here. My “regular” regen is around 1100, but sometimes that drains too fast...like if I’m doing an undaunted vet or a normal one solo. So sometimes I’ll throw on the serpent Mundas if I’m running low.

Crit: you probably want to shoot for 65-75% here. Crit is sorta easy to manipulate on a stamblade because of the assassins skills passive, and using the bar to get into the zone that works best for you.

Weapon damage: alcast’s builds are always insane, lol. Fully buffed via skills, if you’re hitting the 3000-3500 range you’re probably good.

Champion points make a big difference...if you’re maxed on those, a nightblade gets so tanky they can pretty much invest in raw power and be fine.

I also get why alcast in all medium for trials, but for easier content I tend to mix up armor weights a bit because of the undaunted passives, and the resources really help. Usually just with one piece of heavy.

• jlb1705
    jlb1705
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Nobody answered this. Hmm.

Alcasthq.com has stat screen shots. They’re always maxed out trial builds, but offer an idea. My main is a stamblade, and I like to run a lot of the stuff you’re talking about...hard, but not endgame trials. So using alcast as a starting point:

Health: yeah, like 17-18 probably. I don’t have anything invested in health but the food, so that's kinda where it lands on a fully developed character.

Stam: 35-40k is a good range to shoot for.

Regen: I flip around here. My “regular” regen is around 1100, but sometimes that drains too fast...like if I’m doing an undaunted vet or a normal one solo. So sometimes I’ll throw on the serpent Mundas if I’m running low.

Crit: you probably want to shoot for 65-75% here. Crit is sorta easy to manipulate on a stamblade because of the assassins skills passive, and using the bar to get into the zone that works best for you.

Weapon damage: alcast’s builds are always insane, lol. Fully buffed via skills, if you’re hitting the 3000-3500 range you’re probably good.

Champion points make a big difference...if you’re maxed on those, a nightblade gets so tanky they can pretty much invest in raw power and be fine.

I also get why alcast in all medium for trials, but for easier content I tend to mix up armor weights a bit because of the undaunted passives, and the resources really help. Usually just with one piece of heavy.

Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, I've checked out Alcast and Gilliamtherogue's builds and that has helped somewhat. The thing I've struggled with is that they'll have endgame info, sometimes some beginner's info, but not much intermediate or solo information, which is where I am.

For the sake of reference, I'm CP472, and until a couple weeks ago I had never stepped foot into group content. I've soloed a handful of normal dungeons, and just started doing PUGs. I've never done a trial and don't intend to anytime soon, and I know that limits my gear. I've never done Maelstrom Arena either.

I'm on console, so I don't have access to addons that would help me understand my DPS and uptimes. I know my rotation isn't good enough yet, but it's been difficult for me to work on because my sustain sucks. My stamblade is a Breton which is probably the worst race/class combo I could have come up with, but I didn't know better when I created her. I'm planning on a race change to Redguard and investing more in stamina regen. My best parse on a 3 mil dummy is 15K, which I know sucks for a character of my level. I'm in the process of adjusting things to do a better job of self-buffing.

So that's where I am - I want to make changes to boost my sustain, but don't want to over-invest at the expense of other attributes. I feel like I need more that what is called for in builds like Alcasts, because he's assuming that the group is going to help with that. That's not really the case with how I'm playing - either solo or in PUGs.

After playing around with the UESP Build Editor some more, it looks like some of the changes I was thinking of would put me in the neighborhood of some of the numbers that you replied with. I guess I need to make those changes and try them out and see how they work for me and my playstyle.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health: I already know that just above 16K is ideal <- What ever you're comfortable with unless doing vet I tend to run 14k normal 16k vet. (or 15k & 17.5k with the undaunted passives. I dont have these on all characters)

Stamina: ??? <- 30k+ depending on race

Stamina Regen: ??? <- what ever you're comfortable with, solo or dungeons I have 1.3K+, trials around 800

Crit Chance: ??? <- you want 50%+ unbuffed here minimum, gear should put you above this anyway. It depends where your CP are spent (crit damage modifier)

Weapon Damage: ??? <- 2.5k min here

Physical Penetration: I already know that I need to get as close to 18.2K as possible <- depends on content. Overland mobs = 12k, dungeons/trial mobs = 18.2k, however you're always going to have a 5.2k debuff on them from a tank or your surprise attack, plus a set debuff if you have a tank (crusher (+torugs), alkosh etc...). Realistically I aim for 5-7k, some aim for 7-9k but I prefer to raise damage and crit for self healing over this.

Whatever you're low on compensate with mundus (lover, warrior, thief). The stats look low above since you're either going to be at the 'minimum' listed value, or way above it.

This is the build I used to use before farming better gear:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=71978
    Just Hundings/Spriggans/Kra'gh since it's easy to get and offers good all round stats, stam weapon dmg, crit & pen

Heavy chest since it's the most resistance, light belt since it's the least. (to benefit from the undaunted passives)

I'm comfortable sitting @ 15k health unless running a vet trial anyway (in which case 17+, but trials you'd swap from Dubious to blue food anyway). If you want more health use blue food & enchant a piece of jewellery to stam recovery, or pop a health enchant on head or legs.

Simple rotation & inbuilt healing (plus Vigor for when needed, only use once every 6 seconds tho or you're wasting stamina)

The 20 second rotation is:

Relentless > swap >
    la > Leeching > la > Mirage > la > Hail > la > Trap > la > Poison > swap >
    la > Relentless > la > Bloodcraze > (la > Surprise attack (x2)) > la > Relentless > swap
    la > Hail > la > Trap > la > Poison > swap
    la > Bloodcraze > la > Relentless > (la > Surprise attack x4) > repeat

skill position it's
    4 > swap
    la > 4 > la > 5 > la > 3 > la > 2 > la > 1 > swap
    la > 4 > la > 3 > (la > 2 (x2)) > la > 4 > swap
    la > 3 > la > 2 > la > 1 > swap
    la > 3 > la > 4 > (la > 2 (x4)) > repeat

get 2 relentless off per front bar, should hit 25k easily with this, then when you get comfortable running content swapping mirage for caltrops & vigor for blade cloak (cast both every rotation rather than every 2), then aiming for 3x relentless procs per cast will put you over 30k and thats with crafted/BoE gear.

NOTE:
    • When the target gets to 25% swap out the (la > surprise attack (x4)) for (la > killers blade (x4)) that way you keep up the passives (major breach/fracture on the target, major ward/resolve on yourself)
    • If you have sustain issues e.g. need to heavy attack just replace one la > surprise attack with a heavy attack, that way you're not breaking rotation. just doing one every rotation or two should be enough to pull you through until the next potion is ready.
    Edited by Sparr0w on July 3, 2018 3:59PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always tell players, dont focus on stat's in PVE, except maybe a minimum level of health. Wear meta sets, make them purple and gold, enchant appropriately, spec appropriately, you stats will be what they will be.