The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Being Able to Queue Specific Game Modes Ruined BGs For Me.

Apache_Kid
Apache_Kid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Ever since ZoS decided to allow us to queue for specific game modes (something many people asked for) 95% of all of my "random" queue matches are Team Deathmatch.

Now, I like deathmatch, but I like the other game modes too and would like some variety. My options at this point are to queue for a specific objective game mode when i want a change and wait 20-30 minutes for a queue (which lets be real I'm not going to do) or continue to play randoms and just play Team Deathmatch most of the time.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion because obviously deatmatch is the most popular game mode but its just not fun to play every time. Also, my main is still working on some of the achievements from the other game modes which have become impossible to complete for me because I can't get into the other game modes in a reasonable time.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting about this because it is unlikely to change as deathmatch is such a popular game mode but just throwing it out there. Playing the same game type every single time is just not fun for me.

BGs post dragon-bones were some of the most fun I've had in PvP in this game. Now I am hardly playing any PvP due to this and performance in Cyrodiil being absolute booty on Xbox.
Edited by Apache_Kid on June 29, 2018 2:31PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If random queues are putting you into DM and you'd rather play something else, just queue for what you want. That's why the specific game mode queue is there.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was obvious that being able to choose the type of match would hinder diversity with BGs. I expect this is merely a trial just like when Zos activated CP in BGs then 3 months later ended it.

Will not be surprised if being able to queue for a specific match is removed or granted a stronger reward penalty next quarter.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    If random queues are putting you into DM and you'd rather play something else, just queue for what you want. That's why the specific game mode queue is there.

You didn't read my entire post. Queuing for a specific match that isn't TDM takes absolutely forever and just isn't worth it when i have limited playtime. Sharing my opinion and experience.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I think it was obvious that being able to choose the type of match would hinder diversity with BGs. I expect this is merely a trial just like when Zos activated CP in BGs then 3 months later ended it.

Will not be surprised if being able to queue for a specific match is removed or granted a stronger reward penalty next quarter.

Yeah i hope you are right
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

You didn't read my entire post. Queuing for a specific match that isn't TDM takes absolutely forever and just isn't worth it when i have limited playtime. Sharing my opinion and experience.

I greatly prefer playing land grab, so that is all I queue for after my daily random. It takes at most 30 seconds to a minute to find a match, so not much time at all. Maybe no one plays anything else on Xbox, but on PC-NA I find getting into other games nearly as quick as joining a DM.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, if you queue for a specific game type, you are still paired with people who are choosing random. So you should have as quick of a queue for one of those game types as you do for the random. If not quicker.

I really wish the random daily could just be received for queuing into a deathmatch or other game type, taking away the random requirement. Building a character for deathmatch, Chaos, CTF, or Domination all have different requirements to be viable/useful. And I don't have the time or energy to reset my PVP builds just to do the 1 random each day when all I really want to do is deathmatch.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

I greatly prefer playing land grab, so that is all I queue for after my daily random. It takes at most 30 seconds to a minute to find a match, so not much time at all. Maybe no one plays anything else on Xbox, but on PC-NA I find getting into other games nearly as quick as joining a DM.

Damn. Maybe thats it then cause specific queues dont really pop for me quickly at all.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: so i just queued in for specific and actually got in really fast this time. I wonder if the activity finder was just being buggy before?

Will continue to update this
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 29, 2018 6:55PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The specific queue was poorly implemented, shouldn’t have been a thing until they tweaked the other game modes and added at least one other form of deathmatch.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated how infrequently DM would come up before the update. I'm random queuing every time now and it feels like I get DM about 60-75% of the time. Ideally, I'd like 50% DM/50% objective. Overall however, I'm very happy with the distribution post Summerset.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DM punishes those that don't like to pvp or have pve builds.

Domination/Crazy King punishes those that like to try to kill.

Chaos ball punishes those that like to tank/PVD objectives.

Out of the three, Chaos Ball presents the purest balance between objective/kill play. They should honestly scrap the other modes except for this (until they can create a good mode that works for 3-way fight scenarios.)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random is for me 9/10 death match. It suck so much that i stop doing it. Teams with 3 or 4 sorcs just winning even tough i'm out damaging them often. Zero fun.
    20-30 assist as average just isn't fun.
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random is for me 9/10 death match. It suck so much that i stop doing it. Teams with 3 or 4 sorcs just winning even tough i'm out damaging them often. Zero fun.
    20-30 assist as average just isn't fun.

Yeah i just try as hard as possible to not look at the scoreboard recently cause i know ill just get mad at my execute spamming teammates.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boo hoo. DM or nothing.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Out of the three, Chaos Ball presents the purest balance between objective/kill play. They should honestly scrap the other modes except for this (until they can create a good mode that works for 3-way fight scenarios.)
    Easy to do. Crazy king, but with only one flag at all times.

That first fight in crazy king is always the most fun.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Domination is my favorite mode by far since it splits up the players and you end up in more 1v1 or 2v2 fights rather than a mini zerg cluster. Deathmatch is always more of a warm up or practice mode in other games, and it's not dissimilar in ESO. I have PvP gear and love PvPing, but control points modes emphasize more strategy and have better overall gameplay imo.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being able to queue for DM is the only reason why I do BGs. Before this I couldn't stand BGs. The Objective games in ESO are terrible.