The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request Character Load - Xbox One

KhajiitWarlord
Seems an old problem I've seen back in 2015 and 2017 returned for a revisit.

So there was maintenance done on the Xbox One NA server today (1 July 2018). Ever since the maintenance, I couldn't log into any of my characters. I'd pick a character, then I'd be stuck waiting for the character load request either until I lose connectivity due to inactivity, or endlessly if I intervene enough to delay the inactivity kick.

None of my characters get a pass on the load. None of them have anything in common except that they are all in Auridon, and that they are all Khajiit. I'm a creature of habit.

I've tried thus far:
1. Quitting and restarting game.
2. Deleting saved data and restarting game.
3. Power cycling console and restarting game.
4. Being patient and waiting it out while knocking a stick to stop the inactivity kick.
5. Cursing at my game.
6. Playing a different game.

None have fixed the problem thus far. Can't follow the solutions from older posts about the issue; all of them are PC solutions which are not possible to do on Xbox One.

Will appreciate any suggestions or solutions as long as they are possible on console. Until then, I'll continue with option 5 above.
  • Aldwin88
    Aldwin88
    Soul Shriven
    I am having same issue, hopefully they will fix soon.... I hope
  • the-kemosabi
    the-kemosabi
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing is happening to me since server maintainence. Also in Auridon. Was working fine last night.
  • sbrite10b14_ESO
    Same here.Logged out in Auridon for a break and back in an hour later and cant get on.
  • YarYar
    YarYar
    ✭✭
    Yup, I'm experiencing this as well.
  • LaFemmeXxFatale
    LaFemmeXxFatale
    Soul Shriven
    Me too.. can’t log on to any characters. It’s really frustrating.
  • Aldwin88
    Aldwin88
    Soul Shriven
    Well it let me log into my character in airidon however load times were so long
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems an old problem I've seen back in 2015 and 2017 returned for a revisit.

So there was maintenance done on the Xbox One NA server today (1 July 2018). Ever since the maintenance, I couldn't log into any of my characters. I'd pick a character, then I'd be stuck waiting for the character load request either until I lose connectivity due to inactivity, or endlessly if I intervene enough to delay the inactivity kick.

None of my characters get a pass on the load. None of them have anything in common except that they are all in Auridon, and that they are all Khajiit. I'm a creature of habit.

I've tried thus far:
    4. Being patient and waiting it out while knocking a stick to stop the inactivity kick.
    5. Cursing at my game.
    6. Playing a different game.

None have fixed the problem thus far. Can't follow the solutions from older posts about the issue; all of them are PC solutions which are not possible to do on Xbox One.

Will appreciate any suggestions or solutions as long as they are possible on console. Until then, I'll continue with option 5 above.

Same issue here.

Is there a reason they are not answering this post or the 27 other posts about this in General Chat??????????????
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • RaEDe
    RaEDe
    ✭✭
    Issues here also. I was having very long load screens earlier when trying to travel. I got off for dinner, and now can't log in at all.
    Trying to log into Summerset
    Xbox One
    NA
  • general_mishaps
    general_mishaps
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue. This one wonders if there is another thread we're they are paying attention. I believe it's during to High Population areas. I can log into read we're I randomly parked a couple of characters. My mains are stuck in Limbo. Summerset to Stonefalls and parts in between.
  • JuniorChicken
    JuniorChicken
    Soul Shriven
    My main just got stuck in summerset after I finished a match of battlegrounds. All of my other characters work just fine, however.
  • Jolter
    Jolter
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on my first attempt, on my second attempt I got in after 10 minutes of loading
  • flavius1229
    flavius1229
    Soul Shriven
    Stuck loading as well. A response that this is being worked would be nice.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Confirming we've seen your posts, all. Thank you.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirming we've seen your posts, all. Thank you.

thanks for the acknowledgement
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Dragondc3
    Dragondc3
    same problem, im stuck on requesting character load. my bro in a diff state is also having the issue and when he did get in he said it took 20-30 min just to change zones
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Logged out in daggerfall and cannot load back in.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, if you aren't able to log in, can you post or send me your affected character(s)? Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could Cari Less NA Xbox One X Karisi is stuck. Nevermind, they already moved her to stone falls.
    Edited by Karivaa on July 2, 2018 4:00AM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, could you please try logging in now and let us know how it goes?

@dragondc3 @blindy107 @Jailbirdy @KhajiitWarlord @YarYar
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, could you please try logging in now and let us know how it goes?

@dragondc3 @blindy107 @Jailbirdy @KhajiitWarlord @YarYar

Just tried it now (7:27 AM EDT) and my toon loaded right in.

(I did not try last night when you responded as I had given up and went to a movie)

Thank you for fixing the login issues with my toon.
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even get to the character select screen after starting the game. Just loads for a long time before I get error 308 logged out due to inactivity.

EDIT: I was able to log in after a couple reboots of the game.
    Edited by Rapscallion74 on July 2, 2018 11:58AM
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno was able to log in about 30min after my post. Wayshrines gave me endless load screen though. So I went to bed.
  • Fade_Spiral
    Fade_Spiral
    Soul Shriven
    Since Friday (6/29) afternoon, I haven't been able to play the game with any stability. On those occasions when I actually do manage to make it into the game, I can get about 60 seconds of play time before I'm forcibly disconnected with the message "Unable to connect to game server."

Nothing has changed on my network, and I'm pretty sure that nothing changed in the game, save for the brief maintenance period yesterday (7/1). More specifically, here is what I've been encountering ...

1. Launch ESO.

2. Reach the "Press A to Start" >> This takes an unusually long time to load/appear, both the prompt itself and the response/input registration once I've pressed the button, AND, its response time in moving to the next screen.

3. Reach Server/Region select >> This always responds quickly when selected

4. Character Select screen loads >> This has become exceedingly slow, and when it does load, no matter which character I choose, the "Requesting character load" message appears and also moves exceedingly slow.* This doesn't happen all the time, though.**

*Character Select fail -- Sometimes, right here (once I've chosen a character), it will simply time out instead of loading the character and I'll be disconnected with the Error 308, despite the fact that I'm not away from the console when this message triggers. From all appearances, the game itself stops responding and the server drops the connection.

**Character Select success -- Other times, right here (once I've chosen a character), it will successfully load, although it still takes quite a long time to do it.

5. Load into the game world >> Right here, I can now report that each and every time I actually reach this part of the process, I get about 30-60 seconds of actual play time. In that time, I can run around, interact with NPCs/objects, get into combat, etc. just fine. But, like clockwork now, when I reach whatever mysterious connection threshold I do, then my character stops responding to most commands. Movement still works normally, but NPC/object interactivity stops working entirely. The dead giveaway for exactly when I'm no longer connected to the game is that I can't move in and out of Stealth/hiding. Click the thumb-stick, and no animation/character position change or cursor-shift (signifying stealth vs. not) ever happens. Once this occurs, the "Unable to connect to game server" message is not far behind. Usually it takes about 30 seconds or so to appear. Then, it does and I'm kicked all the way back to the "Press A to Start" screen.

-Test Observation: This happens on each/any/all of my characters
    -Test Observation: This also happens when switching territories > EU megaserver

Things I have tried to resolve/further test:

4. Manually restarting the modem/gateway.
    5. (Xbox One) Network Connection tests and Multiplayer Connection Tests.***
    6. Assign a static IP to Xbox One and port-forward (TCP/UDP 3074)=
    (Undid Step 6, returning to automatically-assigned IP and ports)==
    7. Removed all default packet-filtering rules placed by gateway for inbound traffic==

***During the course of these, I keep getting results showing that my NAT constantly moves between Open and Moderate. Often times, this changes from the course of one test to another (performed immediately after/back to back of each other). In testing further, I've found some troubleshooting suggestions that talk about manually assigning a static IP address to my Xbox One and then forwarding ports (TCP and UDP 3074) to that IP address. The thing is, I've never needed to use a static IP address or port-forwarding on this console to play ESO before, so I'm not sure I understand why it would be necessary to do so now.

=When I did this, my NAT type became 'strict' and yielded no progress on the issue at hand.

==When I did this, my NAT type became 'open' but still yielded no progress on the issue at hand.

Has something recently changed with ESO's network coding?

Is ESO experiencing problems with map-servers or the character database of some sort?

Any help or insight(s) here would be appreciated. I'd like to be able to play for more than 30-60 seconds at a time again.
    Edited by Fade_Spiral on July 3, 2018 11:41AM
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ep stamplar can't load in. Gt: skinzz character: Acura nsx
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • YarYar
    YarYar
    ✭✭
    For the most part the issue seems to have cleared up. I do catch the occasional loading screen that never actually loads.
  • KhajiitWarlord
    Can confirm that the issue has cleared up on my end. Was able to log in this morning without a problem and load times were back to their usual 30-60 seconds due only to my slower network. Had a problem earlier with daily rewards being a bit on the wonk though, but after a brief intermission, I was able to claim my reward for the day. Will update on whether I'll be able to claim tomorrow's reward though. I can also report that after some additional cursing at the game, I may have upset some furries. Will update on that as well.
    Edited by KhajiitWarlord on July 4, 2018 2:23AM
  • KhajiitWarlord
    Managed to log in without a problem today, and have also been able to claim my daily reward. This issue is, as far as I'm concerned, resolved. I've also managed to appease the furries I may have upset. Quite an interesting lot they are. A lesson has been learned, indeed.
  • Darkgourd
    Darkgourd
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same problem logging in gt DarkGourd