Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Names/healthbars of defeated enemies dissapeared

cHIIMEERa
cHIIMEERa
✭✭✭
v4udotir3gec.jpeg
gf85p4n9bm21.jpeg

I realised this today, tried to reset every possible setting to default but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have experience with this?

Cheers!
Edited by cHIIMEERa on July 2, 2018 6:43AM
“Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement.” ― Mark Twain
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I constantly had this problem mainly on two of my characters (haven't pvp'd with them for a long time) and once or twice on others. It's a bug that's been around for possibly 3 years now on PC and if it's on console then it's clearly not an addon problem.

It's been in the patch notes as a "fixed an issue causing..." at least once but it reappeared a few patches later.

Being unable to know who dead players are is annoying. At it's worst, when alliance banners aren't visible, the game is unplayable but that doesn't always happen. Otherwise I just toggle "names always on" in the settings instead of only when targeted.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

A few weeks ago, the same phenomenon started to occur on one of my alts, whom rarely leaves home-base.

Each time I logged in, the characters name was missing. I discovered that the 'show name of own character' was switched off in Settings/Nameplates. I switched the setting on and that solved it but as soon as the character used a Wayshrine, the name disappeared once more.

This bugged me for several weeks but I eventually solved it. The problem in this case was down to an incorrect setting in the Tactical Combat addon, which was overriding the ESO "Settings" setting.

I am not in game at present, so I cannot give you an exact answer right now but I can approximate, which might help.

In TTC there is a selection of choices that can be made for your own group members.

One group deals with "Nameplates" and you can select whether they are shown or hidden. The name of my Char had somehow switched to the "Hide Own Characters" setting.

I switched the setting to the "Show" position and made sure that it was on the correct option in ESO's settings.

That did the trick and there has been no problem since.

I hope the above helps.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • cHIIMEERa
    cHIIMEERa
    ✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    A few weeks ago, the same phenomenon started to occur on one of my alts, whom rarely leaves home-base.

Each time I logged in, the characters name was missing. I discovered that the 'show name of own character' was switched off in Settings/Nameplates. I switched the setting on and that solved it but as soon as the character used a Wayshrine, the name disappeared once more.

This bugged me for several weeks but I eventually solved it. The problem in this case was down to an incorrect setting in the Tactical Combat addon, which was overriding the ESO "Settings" setting.

I am not in game at present, so I cannot give you an exact answer right now but I can approximate, which might help.

In TTC there is a selection of choices that can be made for your own group members.

One group deals with "Nameplates" and you can select whether they are shown or hidden. The name of my Char had somehow switched to the "Hide Own Characters" setting.

I switched the setting to the "Show" position and made sure that it was on the correct option in ESO's settings.

That did the trick and there has been no problem since.

I hope the above helps.

Thanks but im on ps4. No addons :)
    “Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement.” ― Mark Twain
  • dexi_373-6
    dexi_373-6
    Soul Shriven
    same Problem... but only on my Wardens ... Contact with support via Tickets is senseless
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me on one of my alts too