Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Theorycraft this Templar PVP build

HackTheMinotaur
HackTheMinotaur
✭✭✭✭
Light armor, mag Templar PVP build (ranged).

I’m thinking about a light attack build using purifying light, vampires bane and solar barrage. Then light attack weaving with imbue weapon or force pulse.

Solar Barrage: Conjure solar energy to blast enemies around you, dealing 477 Magic Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.

Also grants you Empower after every blast, increasing the damage of your next light attack by 40%.

So I’d be able to do 3 empowered light attack weaves.

What sets would you use to amp the light attacks and weapon enchant to the max? Torugs? Spinners? Elegance?

Maybe a Crit focus set like Juli or MS?

Go!
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes go and make same old dps parses on target dummy and realize it just is underperforming. Mobility, cast times and house is poor and everyone knows it. No point to test that on any degree. Shields are poo too, recourse regain is low and templars needs own rune gage 5 sec stun.
    Edited by Stibbons on June 30, 2018 11:12AM
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought about this too. Queen’s Elegance might be a good fit.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caster like templar currently is by far the best option in terms of solo PvP.

Dont focus on LAs. You dont have any time for casted abilities besides Jesus beam and the buff is subpar. Focus on 1-2 proc/defensive sets which reliably utilize your offensive capabilities ~ zaan, sloads, duroks bane, bloodspawn, pirate skeleton, riposte. These sets are the key to a successfull templar.
    Edited by Mr_Nobody on July 1, 2018 5:03PM
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't agree with caster being best..I still duel weild as the 5% dmg buff out weighs staff especially having to slot a skill that doesn't fit on bar..I am yet to come across a staff temp that had beat me in a 1v1.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't even consider slotting Jesus beam in its current form either it's far to easily out healed ad it has a slight delay and cost to much..I get easily 90%of my kills with pressure and purifying light
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    don't agree with caster being best..I still duel weild as the 5% dmg buff out weighs staff especially having to slot a skill that doesn't fit on bar..I am yet to come across a staff temp that had beat me in a 1v1.

@Syiccal
    You PC-NA?
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on July 1, 2018 7:22PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbox eu
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, too bad.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Well means you havent fought anyone competent. While 5% overall may look good, you only lose 3 percent damage for subsided spells if you used either of the main destro staffs. While 3 may look good, they are nowhere close to LA damage, let alone sustain capabilities.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me imo dw is better procing 2 enchants 450 spell dmg or shock(8%) extra dmg on every light att weave is better around.yes LA are ok but not gonna kill ppl with them. I also don't have sustain issues on my argonian at all..for the record I'm not saying your wrong and it may work for you but after trying both dw is my preferred choice in pvp
    Edited by Syiccal on July 1, 2018 8:30PM
  • iam_slickone
    iam_slickone
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been really enjoying my duel wield, sword and board Templar in battlegrounds. I run 5 wizards, 5 lich when back barred, 2 will power swords and pirate skeleton monster set though sometimes I run bloodspawn. If your going for ranged build you’ll want solar flare instead barrage.
    'Keyser Soze Magic Templar
    Siike Magic Sorcer
    'Haze Stamina NightBlade
    'Caeser Stamina DK
    'Leonidas Stamina Templar
    'Thunder Stamina Sorcer

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am running TBS and Seducer on mine right now. Will be running Kags as soon as I can craft the jewelry though.

I run a melee build with jabs but I have been using a lightning staff front bar since Summerset. Really buffs jabs more and provides a very reliable heavy attack in PVP. I was running dual swords but the sustain on that is just dreadful.