The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Low FPS Issue on Brand New $5000+ Computer - Request for help tweaking settings/vid card

Bruggles
Bruggles
Hello,

So I recently bought a new computer so I could play ESO on Ultra settings. However, I am getting some choppy graphics whenever there is more than a few mobs that I am attacking (haven't PVP'd yet, but that has me worried). I'm just wondering if there is something I should be doing to tweak my graphics settings to make it run smoother.

What I am Running:
GeForce 335.23 Driver (recently updated to newest non-beta driver)
Computer:
Gtx 780 Ti
16GB ram
ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Motherboard
HD is a solid state drive
Intel Core i7 4930K 3.4GHz 12MB cache

I kinda expected to be playing ultra with no dips in FPS (based on the fact that my laptop was playing on Ultra with lowish FPS and is far surpassed spec wise by this desktop).

Any ideas on what may be causing FPS issues?

Any help that can be provided by anyone would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
  • Bruggles
    Bruggles
    Nevermind - I figured it out heh. Not going to delete the thread as it may help someone with the same issue in the future.

My monitor is a 144hz monitor (asus VG278) and I had it hooked up with HDMI. I was unaware that hooking it up with HDMI would limit it to 60hz. By using a DVI connection I have eliminated the low FPS. Not sure why it would be an issue as 60hz should be plenty fast, but it worked *shrugs*
  • SlickReed
    SlickReed
    I have 2 of those monitors and I never hook up the HDMI. DVI is the only way to get over 60 hz and higher then 1080p resolution. To play games like EVE online over 3k resolution I have to use the DVI connectors.
  • handsofstone
    @Bruggles , @‌SlickReed,
    ok - guys - I have had issues crashing with my video card -
    - new computer also - running a nvidia gtx 760ti oem
    - I have have a ton of crashes - and also have booting problems after the crash on my computer
    - I have my computer set and 1080 x 1960 res - maxed out.. at 60hz ( just like mentioned above
    - but i have it hooked up via HDMI - from my computer to my tv/monitor
    - i had the latest driver installed
    - Do you think my crashing can be related to me using the hdmi to hdmi cable?
    - should it be a dvi to dvi cable that I use?
    Edited by handsofstone on April 3, 2014 5:33PM