The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Unable to connect to game sever

Ulvanna
Ulvanna
Soul Shriven
I'm doing the main quest, the Weight of the Three Crowns, but when I try to use the portal to get to Coldharbour the game throws me back to main menu with the text; unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.
I started playing a week ago and was really enjoying this game! Now I'm really annoyed I can't even finish the main quest!
  • Wamuli
    Wamuli
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, when i try to leave my home im coldharbour i get kicked every time. Says, it cannot connect to game server, but i can actually relog in every time i get kicked, then i try to leave again. Repeats the process.
    Sapienti sat

PS4 total ingame playtime from release to 11/2018: 85+ days
    PC total ingame playtime since 02/2020: 42+ days
  • Ulvanna
    Ulvanna
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I can log in too. Seems like it's a problem with the Coldharbour area. Trying various things now to fix it. I'll post here if something works.
  • Wamuli
    Wamuli
    ✭✭✭
    Just traveled to Summerset (where are my 147 gold, zenimax?), this worked for me.
    I'd rather be in coldharbour right now doing my crafting dailies...it's weekend, zeni. Try to at least make the game work properly for two days a week...
    Sapienti sat

• Ulvanna
    Ulvanna
    Soul Shriven
    Ok.... so I tried to go to Shadowfen. And it threw me to the main menu and that's not all! Now when I try to start the game it first starts to load Deshaan area and then switches to load shadowfen... and throws me to the menu... really nice!!! Now I can't play at all!!!
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    The same. Coldharbor. Other locations seem to work fine, but I haven't tried all of them...
  • CooperCGN
    CooperCGN
    Soul Shriven
    It’s not bound to specific areas. I tried to enter a dungeon in Summerset and got thrown back to the menu, tried to travel to shadowfenn, not working, tried to travel inside Summerset from shrine to shrine. Always with the same outcome. Zeni, I’m paying you for this game, make it work!
  • Ulvanna
    Ulvanna
    Soul Shriven
    There are a couple of other threads concerning this problem on the general discussion. It seems to me that they are not going to do anything about it until the next patch... I hope I'm wrong.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    CooperCGN wrote: »
    It’s not bound to specific areas. I tried to enter a dungeon in Summerset and got thrown back to the menu, tried to travel to shadowfenn, not working, tried to travel inside Summerset from shrine to shrine. Always with the same outcome. Zeni, I’m paying you for this game, make it work!

As I said - haven't tried all of them, but Glen, Auridon and Deshaan always worked for me :) EU server, but I'm pretty sure US is the same.
  • Wamuli
    Wamuli
    ✭✭✭
    EU Server too. Just came back after a few hours. Experienced the same problem again in Coldharbour (from house to area).
    Traveled from coldharbour house to snugpod (grahtwood) and from there to grahtwood area. Worked.
    Sapienti sat

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The PS4 Megaservers were just taken down to address this issue. More information can be found in this thread. Please let us know if you still have issues once the servers are back up.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post