The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PLEASE ZOS make craftable letters available

Rumba1
Rumba1
✭✭✭
We really, really need a way to label objects in our homes.
I'd gladly pay crowns for a book of letters that I could craft so I do some craft table labels.
You could even sell me different fonts! Heck, I'd even buy a Kenji alphabet if available

Sell them for Crowns, Vouchers, in-game gold, I don't care. Make 'em one time use stencils for placement on banners or carpets...

JUST SOMETHING that we can label stuff with

PLEASE!
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rumba1 wrote: »
    I'd gladly pay crowns for a book of letters that I could craft so I do some craft table labels.
    You could even sell me different fonts! Heck, I'd even buy a Kenji alphabet if available

Sell them for Crowns, Vouchers, in-game gold, I don't care. Make 'em one time use stencils for placement on banners or carpets...

PLEASE!

So your memory isn't very good? If they do that, they'll need to also invent tape or glue to affix them, unless you want them to invent stencils since, if you can't remember where anything is in your own home, you're probably not able to read or write either. :)
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *casually hangs E R P above Coven Cottage*
    signing off
    Options
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

PLEASE!

So your memory isn't very good? If they do that, they'll need to also invent tape or glue to affix them, unless you want them to invent stencils since, if you can't remember where anything is in your own home, you're probably not able to read or write either. :)

I have no problem remembering where I put stuff, but my home and all the craft tables for all the dlc content is open to all my guild mates and friends, They may have problems remembering which craft table is which. Labels would save them from running all over the place to find the ones they want.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PLEASE!

I have no problem remembering where I put stuff, but my home and all the craft tables for all the dlc content is open to all my guild mates and friends, They may have problems remembering which craft table is which. Labels would save them from running all over the place to find the ones they want.

But... if they hover over the table with their cursor, does it not display the name of the set?

Also, one of my guild halls has crafting tables for every crafted set in the game, and the owner of the house arranged the crafting tables alphabetically. Perhaps you could try that for your guild mates and friends?

Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a joke. I don't even label things in Fallout 4 where such is a built in mechanic. I have a good memory.

PLEASE!

Options
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

PLEASE!

But... if they hover over the table with their cursor, does it not display the name of the set?

Also, one of my guild halls has crafting tables for every crafted set in the game, and the owner of the house arranged the crafting tables alphabetically. Perhaps you could try that for your guild mates and friends?

Hovering over the table works, sure. But even when you have them alphabetically (and I'm a member of another guild that does just that} finding the correct table is an annoying effort. Crafting master writs can be time consuming enough, it's so much more efficient if you can just run to the table you need w/o hovering over each one.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, with dozens of crafting stations in game it's rather time consuming to run to all and hover over them to know what they are. In one of my guilds they placed them somewhat alphabetically, with letters made of some furnishings that looked like neon lights placed over them to form the initials ex. A-G, H-N etc. But it looked really crude. When you have to craft 100+ master writs or do a lot of orders proper labeling that can be seen from relatively far away is essential.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

PLEASE!

Sure, if you've gone right up to the crafting table you can tell which one it is. But if your guild hall has crafting tables all the way around a large area or in different rooms or otherwise spread out you can waste a lot of time checking them all to find out which is the one you want.

Besides which I like the OPs idea of craftable letters. There's lots of potential applications besides the one example already given. You could put a welcome message just inside the entrance (put it on top of a plain rug for a DIY welcome mat) or directions to different areas in a bigger home, or incorporate text into some of the sculptures and models players have made. Or just let guests with decorating privileges use them like fridge magnets to leave messages for the owner and each other. It would add a lot of options to those we've already got and I think it could be fun.

The only problem is since there's no way to re-size objects they may need to offer several different sized versions since what's good for one purpose may be far too big (or small) for another. But that might actually be easy to solve.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to put a big sign over the front door saying: "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here"
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to put a big sign over the front door saying: "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here"

I'd put that somewhere in game actually :dizzy:

d741d1fea6688dd8ab4bf02b43fc97e8.jpg
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Knock, knock...

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
    Options
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice and there's even precendent with the blacksmithing hireling learning to "smash letters".

Unfortunately I think it would take less than a day for some idiot to start writing up the most foul racist/sexist/homophobic/evil rubbish they could think of and invite the wrong person into their house, which would only result in a ban...

...Its when people enthusiatically start putting their political beliefs and slogans in their houses and post it on the interwebs, thus linking it to ZOS, that the system would have to be quashed. :(

Of course if we could just use the daedric alphabet and maybe some other, less evil script that also has a letter for letter translation those who wish to skirt the edges of decency could get away with a lot and not offend those would might otherwise take umbrage. The rest of us could just label chests!
    Options
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can put up signs in your home in Minecraft. Is ESO as advanced as that game?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

lf bosmer for epic role play
    Options
  • coffeediction
    Just put them in alphabetic order, best way you can find them later
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Immaculate Construction addon can do this for you if you are on PC.

g3heULy.png

The "D" they make is small though, so I made my own to match the rest of the caps. I have seen other people just do "A" "B" "C" ... over the stations to show where the next letter starts alphabetically.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each letter would use a housing slot, by the time you've labelled things you would need to remove them to make room for the labels.

Options
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    You can label all of your storage coffer's at least :)

Also, that pad @Runs is swwEET!
    I love the precision alignment. A+
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
    Options
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    The Immaculate Construction add-on looks pretty cool alright, and I may have to use it for labeling.

But doesn't each crystal used in a letter count as an object? If so, making a single capital 'A' cost 6 slots!

At that pace I'd run out of slots much faster than crafting a single letter, using one slot, at a time yes?
    Options
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    A sign decoration that 'decorator' permission'd players can edit would be nice.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

Options