Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

100% Frost Mage Warden Build+ Gameplay

JackDaniell
JackDaniell
✭✭✭✭✭
So I went for a full role-playing frost mage build in PvP and it really surprised me! This build turned out to be fast, tanky, hit hard and exceles against multiple opponents. The snare game is just to good for PvP!

https://youtu.be/FBTcgnGAlHM

Please post any comments/questions you may have.
Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting, love the frost gameplay... I played something very similar last patch except for I didn’t have speedy mist and I swapped inner light for corrupting pollen for less damage and more zone control and I used shalks when it still stunned instead of frost reach... I may have to give this build a shot when I can no longer take the 123 shalk gameplay
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Very interesting, love the frost gameplay... I played something very similar last patch except for I didn’t have speedy mist and I swapped inner light for corrupting pollen for less damage and more zone control and I used shalks when it still stunned instead of frost reach... I may have to give this build a shot when I can no longer take the 123 shalk gameplay

The nerf to shalk kind of motivated me to give the frostden a shot. And I think speed mist makes the build, giving it a fully rounded defence kit. The speed and snares man...
    Ebonheart Templar

• Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    Dude I love this and how you put it together I had one made like this but for PvE tanking and had much higher resistances but other then that this is something I would play in PvP.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't watched the video yet but are you running Swift jewelry? I run 2 pieces of swift on my magDK, magblade, and magsorc - love it that much.

I have a frost staff wielding magplar that I love running in BGs. I tried running magden the same way but it wasn't as effective. I'll check your video out later.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been making my own Ice Mage PvE build. Winterborn and Ysgramors on an Argonian. Ive tried it with Ysgramors and Julianos already and its pretty fun, even if the dps isnt the greatest thing ever. But the group support from snares and immobolizes are something else.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like :)
  • memofin
    memofin
    ✭✭✭
    Hey jack, do you think this build is viable in next patch? With those changes to swift and overall magden nerf. I been using this for awhile and love it, but honestly don't know if this will work in nerfmire.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    memofin wrote: »
    Hey jack, do you think this build is viable in next patch? With those changes to swift and overall magden nerf. I been using this for awhile and love it, but honestly don't know if this will work in nerfmire.

I will be rebuilding the warden for murkmire! We get more sustain on the betty now so ill see how i realocate the stats once i got into it on the PTS
    Ebonheart Templar

• rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was wondering if there is a PVE build for this
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    Was wondering if there is a PVE build for this

Julianos + Ysgramor's, Julianos + Winterborn, Winterborn + Ysgramor's etc. Maybe even throw Infallible Aether in there I'm not sure how well that would work out, haven't tried it. But it's not hard to make a PvE version. Jewelry would either be Arcane or Infused.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RedrunnerFred
    RedrunnerFred
    ✭✭
    Whatever you do don’t use ysgramor. I have had experience using the set and it was trash. Buying it is a waste of gold which could be used for better sets.
    Edited by RedrunnerFred on October 16, 2018 3:50AM
  • Zavijah
    Zavijah
    ✭✭✭
    I have a build that I am quite happy with, that doesn’t involve Arctic Blast which the new change was a massive source of ire for me.

I’m glad to see builds that are different from mine. 1) to demonstrate other possibilities 2) takes attention away from my particular combination which I would never, ever share.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will deffinatly be rebuilding this for morrowind as well. Especialy with the speed changes
    Ebonheart Templar

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That build is great.

I have a fun ice build for PvE that uses 5-piece Ysgramor's, 5-piece Spinner's Garments and 2-piece Iceheart, on a High Elf warden.

I'm not claiming it's the strongest ice build ever, but it works for me, and the pieces are easy to get.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on October 16, 2018 6:26AM
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use heavy Bahraha's curse and Winterborn with Earthgore on my warden healer in PvP and swap monster set for Nerien'eth in solo, works well when need to freeze enemy on place, besids it also RP build of Volkihar Vampire.