The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Daedric Trials

Chrysa1is
Chrysa1is
✭✭✭✭✭
Perhaps these can be acquired through a new system called Daedric trials. Which can only be done on veteran and must be done solo.

Azura's Star: Soul Gem with infinite use. Can be refilled with the soul lock passive.

Dawnbreaker: Deals x% more damage to undead and applies the fire damage effect. Undead enemies that are killed while on fire explode, dealing x fire damage to all enemies within 5 meters.

Ebony Blade: When you kill an enemy, your weapon damage increases by 300 for 10 seconds.

Ebony Mail: Enemies within 5 meters of you receive x poison damage per second, even while hidden. You remain hidden even when you cause damage.

Mace of Molag Bal: Deal x damage to magicka and stamina. When you kill an enemy, you fill a soul gem.

Masque of Clavicus Vile: While equipped, you sell items to merchants for an extra 20% of their value. Adds x magicka recovery.

Mehrunes Razor: Reduces enemies max health by x% for 10 seconds. 5% chance to instantly kill an enemy. Does not work on bosses.

Oghma Infinium: Grants an extra 10 attribute points that can be only be spent on either health, magicka or stamina.

Ring of Namira: Adds max stamina. Killing an enemy heals you for x and adds x health recovery for 30 seconds.

Sanguine's Rose: Fully charged attacks summon a Dread Xivkyn Banelord, Voidstalker or Dreadweaver for 30 seconds. Light attacks deal x damage and heavy attacks deal x damage.

Saviors Hide: Increases spell resistance by 15%. Reduces poison damage by 50%.

Skeleton Key: Lockpick that never breaks.

Skull of Corruption: Light and Heavy attacks deal an additional 3000 magic damage. 15% chance to fear enemy hit.

Spellbreaker: Reduces magic damage by 50%. 15% chance to reflect spells.

Volendrung: Light attacks restore x stamina and heavy attacks restore x stamina.

Wabbajack: Turn chickens, rats, scribs and other critters into a random surprise. (Soul Gem, Heavy Sack, Reagent, Node)
Edited by Chrysa1is on June 30, 2018 4:09PM
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chrysa1is

Azura's Star: Unless you're able to store multiple souls inside you'd still have a need for other soul gems due to the game requiring them for player resurrections too. Limited use if it can only hold one soul.

Dawnbreaker: We already have it as the Fighters Guild ultimate.

Ebony Blade: Good for grinding, dungeons and trials, and large scale PvP. Useless for dueling and questing.

Ebony Mail: The poison damage area effect would be useful, although could be OP if overdone. The hidden effect is overkill, unrealistic and bound to be abused.

Mace of Molag Bal: Pretty decent, don't see it becoming problematic provided it doesn't deal too much damage.

Masque of Clavicus Vile: The Magicka recovery makes no sense since this piece clearly isn't made for combat purposes. I'd exchange that for increased prices for items you sell.

Mehrunes' Razer: This one is debatable. It'll either be so good that it'll be OP or so bad that it'll become a joke. I'd say something more realistic like increased weapon critical and perhaps dealing Oblivion damage.

Oghma Infinium: I don't think the restriction would work since you're able to change attributes normally anyway and builds that make use of the increased X attributes are constantly changing. Keep the 10 extra attribute points, but remove the restriction.

Ring of Namira: Looks good. Don't see any issues with it.

Sanguine's Rose: The summons aren't worth it, especially for Sorcerers, Wardens, and Nightblades who have summons of their own. The problem is I can't think of how something lore friendly and useful can be applied to this artifact to make it worth using. Might be limited to just a memento, maybe cause players within an X range appear naked just for ***** and giggles.

Saviour's Hide: The spell resistance makes no sense. I can see this piece only being used by werewolves and probably other types of stamina users so I'd replace the spell resistance with increased max stamina.

Skeleton Key: Sounds nice in theory but given the time limit to unlock containers it limits the full potential of the artifact. I'd say add an extra 5 seconds to the time limit and then it'd be worth using.

Skull of Corruption: The magic damage on its own probably isn't worth it. Maybe change that to x amount of Oblivion damage. The fear effect would definitely be a great choice, although it might not be as useful for Nightblades.

Spellbreaker: The reduced magic damage on its own doesn't make sense. I'd instead go for an effect where bashing an enemy reduces their x amount of damage done over X amount of seconds.

Volendrung: Sounds like it would become a tank's best friend. I'd like to try that.

Wabbajack: Might be useful for grinding, but otherwise practically useless. (Although, that being said, I don't think Wabbajack has ever had a practical purpose.)

The choices are a bit of a mixed bag here. Another thing to consider is for Mehrunes' Razor, Mace of Molag Bal, Ring of Namira, Oghma Infinitum, and Ebony Blade (depending on whether it would be one handed or two handed like its equivalents in previous games) is whether they're only account bound or character bound. Two of each of those weapons/jewelry would definitely lead to issue regarding balance, and I don't think ZOS would want a position where the Oghma Infinitum can be gained from various characters and then the multiple copies are used for one character to make them ridiculously powerful.
    Edited by The_Smilemeister on June 30, 2018 4:51PM
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chrysa1is

Azura's Star: Unless you're able to store multiple souls inside you'd still have a need for other soul gems due to the game requiring them for player resurrections too. Limited use if it can only hold one soul.

Dawnbreaker: We already have it as the Fighters Guild ultimate.

Ebony Blade: Good for grinding, dungeons and trials, and large scale PvP. Useless for dueling and questing.

Ebony Mail: The poison damage area effect would be useful, although could be OP if overdone. The hidden effect is overkill, unrealistic and bound to be abused.

Mace of Molag Bal: Pretty decent, don't see it becoming problematic provided it doesn't deal too much damage.

Masque of Clavicus Vile: The Magicka recovery makes no sense since this piece clearly isn't made for combat purposes. I'd exchange that for increased prices for items you sell.

Mehrunes' Razer: This one is debatable. It'll either be so good that it'll be OP or so bad that it'll become a joke. I'd say something more realistic like increased weapon critical and perhaps dealing Oblivion damage.

Oghma Infinium: I don't think the restriction would work since you're able to change attributes normally anyway and builds that make use of the increased X attributes are constantly changing. Keep the 10 extra attribute points, but remove the restriction.

Ring of Namira: Looks good. Don't see any issues with it.

Sanguine's Rose: The summons aren't worth it, especially for Sorcerers, Wardens, and Nightblades who have summons of their own. The problem is I can't think of how something lore friendly and useful can be applied to this artifact to make it worth using. Might be limited to just a memento, maybe cause players within an X range appear naked just for ***** and giggles.

Saviour's Hide: The spell resistance makes no sense. I can see this piece only being used by werewolves and probably other types of stamina users so I'd replace the spell resistance with increased max stamina.

Skeleton Key: Sounds nice in theory but given the time limit to unlock containers it limits the full potential of the artifact. I'd say add an extra 5 seconds to the time limit and then it'd be worth using.

Skull of Corruption: The magic damage on its own probably isn't worth it. Maybe change that to x amount of Oblivion damage. The fear effect would definitely be a great choice, although it might not be as useful for Nightblades.

Spellbreaker: The reduced magic damage on its own doesn't make sense. I'd instead go for an effect where bashing an enemy reduces their x amount of damage done over X amount of seconds.

Volendrung: Sounds like it would become a tank's best friend. I'd like to try that.

Wabbajack: Might be useful for grinding, but otherwise practically useless. (Although, that being said, I don't think Wabbajack has ever had a practical purpose.)

The choices are a bit of a mixed bag here. Another thing to consider is for Mehrunes' Razor, Mace of Molag Bal, Ring of Namira, Oghma Infinitum, and Ebony Blade (depending on whether it would be one handed or two handed like its equivalents in previous games) is whether they're only account bound or character bound. Two of each of those weapons/jewelry would definitely lead to issue regarding balance, and I don't think ZOS would want a position where the Oghma Infinitum can be gained from various characters and then the multiple copies are used for one character to make them ridiculously powerful.

I was using the Skyrim version of the artifacts and giving them tweaks. i 100% that it should be oblivion damage instead of othrr damage ive stated.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And also, the Oghma Infinium attribute points would stay locked on whatever you chose. So respec would not include the additional 10
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And of course, of these, Dawnbreaker, the Ebony Blade, Mace of Molag Bal, Oghma Infinium, Skeleton Key, Spellbreaker, and Wabbajack already appear in game. Leading to a strange situation where you're fighting Zaan, and she's throwing Spellbreaker at you while you're holding it... what?

Also, it's now very clear that the Skeleton Key does far more than just unlock stray chests. There's no legitimate way a player should be allowed to mess around with that artifact after finishing Clockwork City. It's just too dangerous.

Now, with that said, I do think it might be time to fully reevaluate the lockpick system, and transition those over to a durable tool. Either that you equip, or that your character simply has on them.

EDIT: Wow, I'm making some weird grammatical errors today.
    Edited by starkerealm on June 30, 2018 5:13PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add, I'm in favor of a daedric arena, with its own ability altering weapon set patterned off the denizens of Oblivion. I just don't think Daedric artifacts should ever be in player hands (outside of quest interactions.)
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    And also, the Oghma Infinium attribute points would stay locked on whatever you chose. So respec would not include the additional 10

Which doesn't make sense. Given that skill points and attributes are already changeable there's no logic to locking these 10 attribute points. If this was Skyrim then it would make sense since you won't be changing builds regularly if at all so it wouldn't matter; in ESO however where builds are changing almost every update you'd be limiting player customisation for no good reason. Hence the restriction should be gotten rid of.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had ideas for Daedric artifacts myself.
    Azura's Star -- Necklace
    Whenever you take fatal damage, instead of dying you become untargettable and immune to damage and healing. After 3s, the Star erupts dealing x damage in an area around you, you fully heal, purge all debuffs and are immune to ALL CC for three seconds afterward. Cooldown of 5m.
    Goldbrand -- 1h Sword
    Deals x fire damage with every light and heavy attack. Lasts y seconds. Stacks up to 10 times.
    The Masque of Clavicus Vile -- Heavy head
    Increases magicka and stamina regeneration by x. Decreases merchant cost of repair, item cost and increases sale price by by y%.
    -OR-
    Umbra -- 1h Sword
    Always applies Soul Trap and increases the damage it deals by x%. Enemies killed by Umbra or the empowered Soul Trap explode, dealing y damage in an area.
    -OR-
    Bittercup -- Potion
    A useable, inexhaustible potion. Restores the lowest % resource up to a total of 65% of the maximum, but reduces the lowest (Not health) by up to 50% of the maximum.
    Saviour's Hide -- Medium chest
    Grants the wearer Major and Minor Ward, decreases poison damage by x% and increases stamina regen by y.
    Volendrung -- 2h hammer
    Every light and heavy attack or weapon ability (Not momentum) restores x stamina. Can occur once every y seconds. z% chance to paralyze on hit for a seconds. Can occur once every b seconds.
    Mehrunes' Razor -- 1h dagger
    Has a 1% chance to deal x Oblivion damage.
    Ring of Namira -- Ring
    Reflects x% of damage the wearer takes.
    Sanguine Rose -- Restoration Staff
    Fully charged heavy attacks have a x% chance to summon a random Daedra to do various effects for y seconds.
    Scamp -- Increases nearby allies spell damage by x and spell crit by y.
    Daedroth -- Increases nearby allies health by x and resistances by y.
    Dremora -- Increases nearby allies weapon damage by x and weapon crit by y.
    Winged Twilight -- Restores x health and y stamina and magicka to nearby allies.
    Watcher -- Increases nearby allies critical damage by x.
    Skull of Corruption -- Fire Staff
    Fully charged heavy attacks have a x% chance to summon a shade of the target, dealing y magic damage per second for z seconds.

I took inspiration from all the games for their effects rather than stick with Skyrim's.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Coldharbour Compact technically prevents Azura, Boethiah, Hermaeus Mora, Hircine, Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, and Sheogorath from knowingly, willingly, and directly interfering in the affairs of mortals. Nor can they set foot on Nirn.

They're permitted to use intermediaries and agents. But the implication is that those agents enter freely and voluntarily into the role of campaigner or mouthpiece. Emoluments, which in this case would include gifting artifacts of great power, would violate the Compact.

So while the Compact certainly breaks down by the time we get to the single player timeline, it acts as lore that this prequel era must adhere to.
    signing off
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The Coldharbour Compact technically prevents Azura, Boethiah, Hermaeus Mora, Hircine, Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, and Sheogorath from knowingly, willingly, and directly interfering in the affairs of mortals. Nor can they set foot on Nirn.

They're permitted to use intermediaries and agents. But the implication is that those agents enter freely and voluntarily into the role of campaigner or mouthpiece. Emoluments, which in this case would include gifting artifacts of great power, would violate the Compact.

So while the Compact certainly breaks down by the time we get to the single player timeline, it acts as lore that this prequel era must adhere to.

Hermaeus Mora's book is in someone's possession tho, same as Dagon's razor.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mora offers the Discourse Amarantine in exchange for the return of the Oghma Infinium. Unless something has changed, nobody can see you use the Amarantine so the memento is little more than a reminder. It arguably has no comprehensible value.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32675/~/why-cant-other-people-see-me-use-discourse-amaranthine

As for the Razor, it was likely stolen and smuggled out of the Deadlands. Its story probably isn't over.
    signing off