The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can we change our apperarances?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't remember if we can or can not change our appearances during the game. If we can is it pay only? Again I don't remember. I just hate when we create a new character he/she always looks different from the character generator. I swore the eyes were to small so made them 1 slide bigger and now the eyes are too big. Argh.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1000 Crowns
    Upgrades : Service Tokens : Appearance Change

& I'll bet that the chargen strikes again when you do try it!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Gythral. I would spend $10 if we had a redo but seeing how hard it is to guess how it will look in actual game instead of character creation, I will not try it. At least I know there is an option.

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS likes to punish players for exploring the game. Have to pay real money to change appearance/race. Have to pay an absurd amount of gold to change your skill points and attributes. Kind of a bummer
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Respec costs are pretty reasonable at endgame. You also get a couple respec scrolls later on from the leveling guide.

You might not need an appearance change token. Some things, like changing your hairstyle can be replaced by a different one from the collections menu. Granted, all the hairstyles are crown store purchases. Same with things like facial or body markings. Once you have them, you can simply toggle them at will. There are also some face and body markings you can get for free from completing certain quests.

EDIT: It occurs to me, if you're getting crown crates, you may end up with some additional cosmetic bits out of those. So, you may have some, even if you're not spending money.
    Edited by starkerealm on June 30, 2018 10:21PM
  • NickStern
    NickStern
    ✭✭✭
    Create a character on PTS screen shot the sliders play it see if you like how it works looks then recreate on live.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NickStern wrote: »
    Create a character on PTS screen shot the sliders play it see if you like how it works looks then recreate on live.

Thank you for the idea. How do I do that? Will it not change my files? I don't know how PTS works.
    Edited by Davor on July 1, 2018 12:49AM

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

Thank you for the idea. How do I do that? Will it not change my files? I don't know how PTS works.

PTS is completely separate from the live servers. You can even spend all of your crowns on PTS without impacting live. This can be a good way to test your appearance changes. But a bunch of change tokens (make sure you're on PTS first) and make edits until you are happy with how it looks, then take screen shots of the sliders, or make notes on which ones you changed. Then you can be sure you'll be happy with the outcome if/when you do it on the live server.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything cost money here... Everything..
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested Davor, are you on Console or PC?
    I agree there are subtle variations in character creation not accurately reflecting the creation process. I'm just wondering if it's a console only issue or if that occurs on PC as well. Thanks.

They are so subtle that I would guess most people who create a character quickly and don't mind so much about the fine-tuned details wouldn't notice...someone like me or you, however, certainly notice. It's slightly frustrating, very slightly...but for a perfectionist? Chaos...at times character ruined.
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • NickStern
    NickStern
    ✭✭✭
    OCD can be dealt with.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ragebull wrote: »
    ZOS likes to punish players for exploring the game. Have to pay real money to change appearance/race. Have to pay an absurd amount of gold to change your skill points and attributes. Kind of a bummer

Absurd amount of gold to respec skill points and attributes? its dirt cheap compared to how it used to be.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭

Wish we had that on console oh well,ocd is no joke
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swifigames wrote: »
    I'm interested Davor, are you on Console or PC?
    I agree there are subtle variations in character creation not accurately reflecting the creation process. I'm just wondering if it's a console only issue or if that occurs on PC as well. Thanks.

They are so subtle that I would guess most people who create a character quickly and don't mind so much about the fine-tuned details wouldn't notice...someone like me or you, however, certainly notice. It's slightly frustrating, very slightly...but for a perfectionist? Chaos...at times character ruined.

This was on the PC. I am on Xbox One as well but haven't played on it much since I mis my mini map. :)

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    I just hate when we create a new character he/she always looks different from the character generator. I swore the eyes were to small so made them 1 slide bigger and now the eyes are too big. Argh.
    We have -all- been there, one time or a dozend:
    c90.png
    Gythral wrote: »
    & I'll bet that the chargen strikes again when you do try it!
    And yes, that.
    Wish they would have charged only smaller fees for each slider moved, but... eh.
    At least the token is only consumed when you "finalize" your changes, so you can buy a token, enter the edit screen, and fiddle around, try different options to make up your mind and such, as long as you "cancel" instead of "accept" the changes the token is not used up.