The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Maormer Character thoughts....

LastAyleidKing
LastAyleidKing
✭✭✭
Obviously barring drastic expansions adding in playable races from existing races npcs and the like....
We know from the datamine that the maormer fish scales are a thing best guess a body and face marking....

We know the zombie "skin" is unique in that you could visibly see tattoos through the chunks of non damaged flesh.

We also know that the new maormer models from summerset and by most notable extension sunhold possess more merman esque ears a bluer skin tone etc.

What if on top of the fish scale markings they created a skin/polymorph that gives us similarly tinted skins, eyes (optional), ears and allowed us to put on body markings like the fish scales or tattoos?

That would in essence give us the maormer race without needing to add said race.

Anyone have any thoughts or similar wants?
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am bored of all of this elf crap...
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a new race is unlikely but putting new cosmetics that allow you to RP other races seems like a great idea. I hope that they do provide the tools to allow us to make our own unique looking Maormar character if we want.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Yea for sure I'm also trying to track down which dyes they use for the armor previews of pyandonean so I can make it match npcs when I collect full set....

Same as thieves guild medium I just like the simple colors they use but it's so hard to match things up especially when you don't have all the dyes lol.

And yea I find most of my game enjoyment role-playing my characters it just keeps the game fresh and personal in my opinion.
    The more customization the better <3
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it that in all TES games the same 10 races are playable. Sure, some TES games had less than that (in Arena you couldn't play Orcs and Imperials, in Redguard you were playing a... Redguard), but there wasn't a TES game that had additional races. Whenever I see these "new races threads" I can't stop thinking that I actually like it that ESO sticks to this principle of the series.

More as a general thought though, nothing wrong with more customizations for people that like to roleplay as a different race.
    Edited by Cruxanero on June 30, 2018 12:12PM
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maormer are basically Altmer with different features, even the new ones.
    So if you get the pieces to make a Maormer, then you can make one using an altmer.

I'd love a proper playable Maormer though, with it's own racials.
  • GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    They actually have a skin made already, I would post a picture but for some reason it won’t upload.
    Edited by GusTheWizard on June 30, 2018 2:26PM
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you mean the fish skin, yeah I know about it, it doesn't look like the standard Maormer though.
    The normal ones have a special skin but it's similar to the vampire skin, a veiny white-ish skin.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know the zombie "skin" is unique in that you could visibly see tattoos through the chunks of non damaged flesh.

Black Marrow Necromancer, Amber Plasm, and (to a lesser extent) the Fabrication Sheath, all allow you to see the tattoos a character has. The zombie skin is kinda underwhelming in this regard because it blurs the tattoos somehow.

EDIT: Derp.
    Edited by starkerealm on June 30, 2018 2:48PM
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave them at the bottom of the ocean or rotting on the shore-line where they belong. Long live the Queen (proxy/post/(pre/post)-nuptial/Freddie Mercury). We are the confused champions!
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I don't have those other skins but looking at comparisons to skins or polymorphs especially with the more detailed content we are getting it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

If you look at the Sea keep quest and just the sheer volume of potential maormer numbers

It's a potential happenstance occurrence that not everyone is buying into the (extremely long timeframe) between orgnum exile and the altmer maormer hostilities.
    They hate each other for the sake of an exile banishment from so long ago to think no maormer ever questioned that need to fight seems kinda silly.

Though the maormer are probably just as ruthless at punishing and eliminating such ppl.

So from a novel role play there is wiggle room for players with the new summerset tutorial maybe you grew disillusioned with your war on the altmer, maybe you want to know peace maybe your a *** child or lost a lover maybe you just wanted to break away from the Sea and explore tamriel maybe even be so vain as to want to be a hero to tamriel to "prove your racial superiority over the altmer"

Idk those are just a few random rps off the top of my head they all seem somewhat plausible.
    And what's cool is how ESO allows us the ability to play a story quests etc but allows us the freedom to role play in ways they could never plan for and they nurture those kinds of players by giving us such amazing freedom.
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, I can definitely see some Maormer ceasing to fight just like Castire.
    And I really think that needs to be explored more. We have an entire mostly unexplored culture focused deeply on serpent riding sea-faring Elves.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    as m'aiq infers ... are they made of sea?

actually he doesn't infer he implies.... sorry about that.

or is it the other way round?
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on June 30, 2018 8:55PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as m'aiq infers ... are they made of sea?

actually he doesn't infer he implies.... sorry about that.

or is it the other way round?

If you meat him on Khenarthi's Roost: "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

EDIT: Here's the full list from UESP, if you need a daily dose of M'aiq.
    Edited by starkerealm on June 30, 2018 9:05PM