The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Now that is how you price a item @ZoS !!

Ihatenightblades
Ihatenightblades
✭✭✭✭✭
New motif in crown store is 2200 crowns when last crown motif books were 5000 crowns if im not mistaken.

2200 is a really fair price and i think more and more people will buy it with that price tag on it.

It would be great if they kept this up after all nothing in crown store ( single item ) should ever cost more than a expansion or base game but sadly some do.

Anyway keep it up zos
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's the usual price for crown store exclusive motifs.

Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or do they overprice the other motifs at 5000 each so that your perception is that 2200 is a bargain. I think they're getting inside my brain.
    Options
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was a fair price too :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
    Options
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or do they overprice the other motifs at 5000 each so that your perception is that 2200 is a bargain. I think they're getting inside my brain.

2200 is fair imo thats more than half off compared to frostcaster motif which was 5000 I believe.

I get 1500 crowns a month do basicly i only has to buy the 750 crown pack which is like 5$
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    That's the usual price for crown store exclusive motifs.

This is the answer. Crown store exclusive motifs have always been cheaper.
    Options
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it suprised me too. Lot of those 5k crown motifs can be bought in guild stores very cheaply. I'm thinking buying tsaesci motif.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My reading is that if it's a Crown Store exclusive, so it won't be required for Master Writs, it's the lower price. If it's one you can get the hard way, and use in writs, then the CS price is the "convenience" price, which is higher, and partly there to cap the guild store pricing. Your lower cost option for those is buying individual chapters, just the ones you need. CS exclusives are full-book.
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2200 is a really fair price and i think more and more people will buy it with that price tag on it.
    This is why we'll never see actual price-to-value ratios anytime soon.

If people think this is a fair price, well, so much for seeing an actual fair price of 1000 Crowns or less.

Options
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    This is why we'll never see actual price-to-value ratios anytime soon.

If people think this is a fair price, well, so much for seeing an actual fair price of 1000 Crowns or less.

1k crown is so cheap for motifs. Not that i would complain but i can see why zos won't release motif with that price.
    Options
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frostcaster was 2k. I bought it during the event it came with.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The included mimic stone quantities dried up somewhat. Not that you really need them any more.
    Options
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roughly £13 for a motif? I must be older than I thought, because that's simply an insane amount of money. Get back to me when they're £1.99 (300-350 crowns).

Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
    Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I mean.. That's kind if how retail works. Sale price is the actual full price, and the "full price" is just the primer.

A soldier's sword may be woefully small, until you compare it to a dirk. Relativity is all that matters, and is really the only thing we rely on anymore.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on June 30, 2018 11:17AM
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a good price, but I won't be buying it. Weeaboo is not a role I want to play on any of my characters.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never satisfied
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i was just about to type this...but not as good this person! :-)

this!!!! above!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a fair price (at least by ESO standards)thats why i purchased it.
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 30, 2018 2:33PM
    Options
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes let's praise them for lowering the price closer to what it should've been in the first place when a large part of their game is completely broken right now.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2200 is better but it’s NOT the right price.
    500 is the right price as it’s only per character but also ppl would buy multiples
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2200 is better but it’s NOT the right price.
    500 is the right price as it’s only per character but also ppl would buy multiples

Honestly, that's more of a reflection on motifs (and recipes) per character system, which, I'm starting to feel, should be reevaluated.
    Options
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    I am happy with motif pricing. Crown store exlusive motifs always much cheaper (I dont understad the surprise), but I think its fine to pay around 5k for motifs what you can get in game. If it would be too cheap people would just wait until its in the store, instead work for it.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is correct. If I had any interest in that motif at all I would've bought it. The 5k price tags are a joke.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    My reading is that if it's a Crown Store exclusive, so it won't be required for Master Writs, it's the lower price. If it's one you can get the hard way, and use in writs, then the CS price is the "convenience" price, which is higher, and partly there to cap the guild store pricing. Your lower cost option for those is buying individual chapters, just the ones you need. CS exclusives are full-book.
    Yes, and I don't mind, only thing I object to is then selling dirt cheap motifs like celestial high, they are cheap as lots are farming Craglorn trials, now this is an downside as new players might jump on it then find they have pretty much been scammed.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    I picked it up.
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
    Options
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a crown store motif people. The ones that are costing 5k crows are IN GAME motifs...
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
    Options
  • Norn
    Norn
    ✭✭✭
    prolly becuz u got used to 5k u think 2k is steal
    Options
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    Norn wrote: »
    prolly becuz u got used to 5k u think 2k is steal

If it would normally be 5k, then 2k is more than a 50% discount. Sounds like a steal to me.
    Options