The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like a single crafting attempt to produce 16 potions?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
When you craft potions, a crafting attempt gives you 4 potions.
When you craft poisons, a crafting attempt gives you 16 poisons.

As such, potions are very expensive for most people. It’s at a point where raiders will try their best to avoid using Spell/Weapon Pots in a raid and instead sneak by using “trash pots” to save gold, or PvP with trash pots instead of powerful crafted pots which can make a big difference in effectiveness.

Would you like a single crafting attempt to produce 16 potions?

Pros: Much cheaper and significantly more accessible to poorer players and everyone across all content as a whole. Would remove the feeling many players have that they need to cheap out when not in a score run in order to save gold. Creates a feeling that Potions are not something that only “rich” players can use at all times, since making a ton would be WAY easier. Instead of crafting 800 potions with a stack of each mat, you would now craft 3200 potions.

Cons: Devalues all *currently crafted* Potions that are on the market, hurting the sellers quite a bit (pots will lose 75% value). Whatever price that pots are lowered too, won’t affect newly crafted pots since sellers benefit from the change too, and the market will match the change accordingly. Mats prices themselves should remain relatively the same though.

EDIT: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE FORUMS. MY POLLS KEEP GETTING BUGGED OUT.
It’s like the Forums are getting buggier too. 190+ discussions and this bug only starts occurring recently on like 50% of my attempted poll creations.

I tried to report my poll, but the report option was so buggy it placed the send report button too far down on my screen to reach, and I can’t paste any of this text in the box either. Not gonna write this full message in the report again, so I’m posting it here:
My polls are consistently getting bugged out. This is a newly developed bug that has to have been caused recently. Please find a way to fix this if possible. I use mobile only btw - not sure if that’s related. Writing this report is also difficult and feels buggy - I cannot go back to delete/type stuff, instead needing to delete all the way back to get to that point to change anything. I think the mobile version may need some optimization. Thank you.
Edited by Vaoh on June 30, 2018 5:24PM
Failed to load the poll.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    EDIT: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE FORUMS. MY POLLS KEEP GETTING BUGGED OUT.

The forums are nerfing you. :P

Though, I mean, on topic, yeah. It doesn't affect me as much, because I have a stupidly massive cache of materials, but I can certainly see where this will wreck some players' economy.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The comparison has a glaring flaw which becomes obvious once someone takes a clear look at the system and difference between potions and poisons. The duration of potions is longer than poisons.

More importantly, raiders make more gold from raiding than their cost of potions. I believe it is 12k -15k plunder per trial. Toss in HM and get another 10k gold. That does not include the vendor trash that drops in most of the trials that adds up as well.

EDIT: as a raider I have not found raiding to be cost prohibitive due to potions.
    Edited by idk on June 30, 2018 5:35PM
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The comparison has a glaring flaw which becomes obvious once someone takes a clear look at the system and difference between potions and poisons. The duration of potions is longer than poisons.

More importantly, raiders make more gold from raiding than their cost of potions. I believe it is 12k -15k plunder per trial. Toss in HM and get another 10k gold. That does not include the vendor trash that drops in most of the trials that adds up as well.

EDIT: as a raider I have not found raiding to be cost prohibitive due to potions.

Yeah, this is mostly a PvP issue. As Cyrodiil does not pay your potion costs. I'm also not really sure there's a way to balance this, aside from throwing more alchemy mats into the reward boxes.
  • boldscot
    boldscot
    ✭✭✭
    No but I would like to be able to select how many potions I would like to make instead of pressing a button a hundred times to make them.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no.

this game is a lot more than just doing one thing.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Yeah, this is mostly a PvP issue. As Cyrodiil does not pay your potion costs. I'm also not really sure there's a way to balance this, aside from throwing more alchemy mats into the reward boxes.

There's actually an easy fix for that: let us buy potion ingredients, or rng boxes ala IC alchemy satchels, with our otherwise WORTHLESS SO.
    We could at least cover our costs and not feel like we have to grind for money and play content we don't want, just to play the content we like!
    And maybe, just maybe, not feel like we're bleeding money the entire time and being punished for our choice?
    Edited by LinearParadox on June 30, 2018 5:55PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+