The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

magSorc build

Nairi5
Nairi5
Currently i have
5x Caluurion's legacy
5x Shacklebreaker
2x Zaan
I wanted to change SB to Sload but it's going to be nerfed soon, so i want an alternative. Any suggestions?
And should i change zaan for skoria?

About sustain: Deep thouhgts are really helping me.
Edited by Nairi5 on June 30, 2018 1:54AM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like mismatched Domihous/Grothdar, magicka is such a great stat for Msorc that it's probably the only class that's worth running double 1peice bonuses for helm/shoulder. (Shadowrend is BiS for 1v1duels though)

Shackle is great, Caluurions I'm 50/50 on.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on June 30, 2018 3:04AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO learn to play without proc sets. Go Lich back bad, Necro, shadow rend and will power staff on front bar. You’ll have no sustain issues and if you learn how to play your class you’ll do great damage.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run Shackle, Elegant, 1 Domi, 1 Infernal.

Zaan isn't as effective as it is on other builds or classes.

Skoria is not that great on a MagSorc.

Sloads will likely get a hard nerf.

Caluurion has really terrible set piece bonuses that accompany the proc.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caluurion is going to get you killed against a dragon knight. You can’t completely control the proc, and chances are you’re going to eat it right before a leap and die badly. Those guys live for that kind of thing (admit it, it’s kind of funny).

There are much better five piece damage sets (spinner, Necropotence, alchemist, etc)

For monster sets, Shadowrend is great for any kind of play, not just duels. The stats you get from a two piece mismatch pale in comparison to some of the two piece bonuses (Kena, Engine Guardian, Zaan, Infernal Guardian, etc..)

• Nairi5
    Nairi5
    Vapirko wrote: »
    IMO learn to play without proc sets. Go Lich back bad, Necro, shadow rend and will power staff on front bar. You’ll have no sustain issues and if you learn how to play your class you’ll do great damage.

I already played with lich and wiĺlpower, it was great but I realized I don't need so much sustain.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG or Cyrodiil?

If BG, definitely keep Cal (as for wings argument, either play around wings or attack non-DK)

Zaan is great if you weave and backbar resto (if you get pressured likely to proc and kill say a stam medium build). Don't try to get in range to proc it offensively.

Shacklebreaker is already a solid choice. I wouldn't change it unless you're Cyrodiil
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amberplasm, spinners, engine.

Enjoy.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairi5 wrote: »
    Currently i have
    5x Caluurion's legacy
    5x Shacklebreaker
    2x Zaan
    I wanted to change SB to Sload but it's going to be nerfed soon, so i want an alternative. Any suggestions?
    And should i change zaan for skoria?

About sustain: Deep thouhgts are really helping me.

Current build is:

Engine guardian: heavy head/ medium shoulders
    Necro body: infused chest/ legs everything else impen
    Lich jewellery all spell damage/ defending restro magicka steal enchant
    WIllpower inferno destro nirnhoned berserker enchant

50k magicka/23k health/16k stam
    3k spell damage/3k magicka regen with lich proc/5k with lich and engine proc
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.