The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Accelerate morph - Rank not matter?

PlagueSD
PlagueSD
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I picked up the Channeled Acceleration morph and noticed that there is absolutely NO difference between Rank 1 and Rank 4 of the skill? Is this intended?? (screenshot showing rank 3 & 4)

aopDvUu.jpg
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another pretty serious problem with this is that if it's intended to remain the same at all four ranks the length of time one gets Major Expedition renders it essentially pointless as the amount of time you get the speed burst is counteracted by the length of time (and vulnerability during) it takes to cast. Hard to envision in what circumstances you'd want a speed burst for such a short time after you've decided to hold still and cast. I suppose it'd be slightly more sensible if the buff lasted for the whole duration but it's still a pretty weird combination.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you DON'T have to stand still to cast, you just slow down, and 1.3 seconds isn't really that long. I prefer spending 2431 magicks for 9 seconds of speed instead of 2563 for 3 seconds.

Since I use this on my magblade with no stam pool, I use this as a sprint replacement when I have to move somewhere fast. Saved me from the ghosts on multiple occasions when I was out of position in Fang Lair.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Well, you DON'T have to stand still to cast, you just slow down, and 1.3 seconds isn't really that long. I prefer spending 2431 magicks for 9 seconds of speed instead of 2563 for 3 seconds.

Since I use this on my magblade with no stam pool, I use this as a sprint replacement when I have to move somewhere fast. Saved me from the ghosts on multiple occasions when I was out of position in Fang Lair.

Don't magblades already get major expedition from path of darkness/cripple? So what does this skill bring besides the minor force, which is a nice buff but what skill do you drop for it?