The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DLC?

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
I haven't played ESO since launch and I started to replay it on my Xbox Game Pass and I can see there is a lot of new DLC. And I really like the skill suggestion. I know this is kind of a "loaded" question? But what DLC do you recommend that try? And why? I know for at least a month I will be getting ESO plus. So 1. I don't have to buy all that DLC 2. I can try it out and see what I like and don't like? Thanks :smile:
Edited by SocialAssassin on June 29, 2018 8:17PM
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Story line order of all DLC:

Base game > Orsinium > Dark Brotherhood > Morrowind > Clockwork City > Summerset

Thieves Guild isn't part of the main story.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, dungeon DLC you need only when you will be fed up with non-DLC dungeons, so in my opinion it can wait.Your plan about story DLC sounds very reasonable. Most DLC suggest more or less limited game time unless you either really enjoy it and want to replay or want to farm crafting motives. One month should be enough to get feeling what you like.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Story line order of all DLC:

Base game > Orsinium > Dark Brotherhood > Morrowind > Clockwork City > Summerset

Thieves Guild isn't part of the main story.

For a new player you will probably start in Vvardenfell (Morrowind). That is also a better place if you plan to start a crafting character as everything is very close incl fence NPC (Thieves Guild). Main story line is also easier to catch up, if don't want to take the long road from main story line in the original base game. Don't forget that also have Imperial City which is a PvP zone in the centre of Cyrodiil. Some part of story line is continuing there as it is part of the Imperial race (nation/alliance).

A lot have changed since launch and you now have Warden (new class) with Morrowind (you might need to buy it with Crowns; it was part of Morrowind when it was sold as a chapter).

With Summerset you have a new skill line and a quest to get access to those abilities.

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The progression suggested is good but I would do Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood together

Base game > Orsinium > Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild > Morrowind > Clockwork City > Summerset

If starting a new character, then you will have to do the Morrowind tutorial then return to a base game city to start the original main quest (if Summerset is owned then replace Morrowind with Summerset as a start point)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's definitely worth doing Thieves Guild and Dark brotherhood together as the passives complement each other and make murdering and stealing easier!
    PC EU & NA
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're gonna need all of em tbh
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend buying the Guilds & Glory pack - it's the Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs for just over 1/2 what they cost to buy separately.

Then I'd buy Clockwork City and Morrowind (if you don't have it already) because those are story DLCs. The rest are 'just' dungeons, which you might want if you're bored with the other dungeons or if you want the rewards, but it might be possible to complete them with your month of ESO+.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"