The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trophies and Collectables. What are they good for?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't put them in storage. They take up space. What is the purpose of them? I was fishing and got like a trophy fish. What do I do with it? Do I just sell them? How come I can't put them in the bank? Want to get rid of them but thinking they could be something I might not want to get rid of so I am asking before I do.

Davor
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sell it . Or save just to link it if it’s cool named item( example Dab fish ) .. but mostly sell

Edit : some count towards achievements so not all is lost if you sell them
    Edited by HighKinlady on June 29, 2018 5:13AM
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

Options
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely nothing...

good god y'all

Stand up and shout it...NOTHING
    Options
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like War...nothing^^^^
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not true completely. The items you find in wrothgar and those from the thieves' guild dead drops in summerset are items you have to deliver to the respective museums. They are also classed as trophies or collectibles.
    Edited by Leandor on June 29, 2018 10:26AM
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    I can't put them in storage. They take up space. What is the purpose of them?
    There are achievements which you can unlock by acquiring these rare drops. They serve no other purpose but to add a few gold to your pocket. Sell them.
    I was fishing and got like a trophy fish. What do I do with it?
    If you're talking an actual fish (green/blue), those can only be sold (not sure why), and each goes toward the Master Angler achievement (catch all the fishes in each area - which unlocks a pink dye).

The other type of fish are decorations for housing.
    How come I can't put them in the bank? Want to get rid of them but thinking they could be something I might not want to get rid of so I am asking before I do.
    It's sad when new players get frustrated because ZoS can't take 5 minutes out of their day to explain what these are, and why we can't use them, but thankfully you came here to get the answer you need.

One more thing before I go: if you intend to steal from safeboxes and fence items, anything blue and purple will require you to answer the question "Are you sure?", leaving a doubt as to whether or not these items have value.

They don't. Fence them. I wish ZoS would remove this ridiculous and completely useless speed bump.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other than the Storage Chests, which are collectibles since they are account bound, and that you can use for up to 360 extra storage slots, the rest are just for show. Fishing and hunting trophies, which are character bound, are a whole other matter. You can't display them anywhere since they are not furnishings and don't have a world model, so the only thing you can do with them is sell to NPC. You don't actually need to keep it in the inventory since the achievement progression is updated the moment you pick them up.
    Edited by Asardes on June 29, 2018 10:33AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They tick off achievement lists as soon as you pick them up. After that you can sell them with no fear. It used to be that you could transfer them between alts but that is no longer the case so just vendor them
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    One more thing before I go: if you intend to steal from safeboxes and fence items, anything blue and purple will require you to answer the question "Are you sure?", leaving a doubt as to whether or not these items have value.

They don't. Fence them. I wish ZoS would remove this ridiculous and completely useless speed bump.

LOL, I asked this a few weeks ago. :D Always a good reminder.

Thank you all for your help it's really appreciated.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options