The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wizard's Riposte on a Stam character - would it be effective? (NON-CP)

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Pretty much what title says, I'm very curious whether this set would work with a Stamblade or Stamsorc, (after changing jewelery traits through transmutation).

I've recently read a large thread on defensive sets that pretty much states this is the Strongest Defensive set currently ingame due to how it operates. I know stamblades get their Maim from Fear but that doesn't seem to be 100% reliable.

What are your thoughts? Or do you think it would be better to just stick to Brass/Impreg?
Edited by Nyladreas on June 29, 2018 7:21AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't run as smoothly as on mag builds.
    The set boni are not that great to begin with. And for the five piece, you must get hit - as stamina, you're rather trying to evade incoming damage.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    The set boni are not that great to begin with. And for the five piece, you must get hit - as stamina, you're rather trying to evade incoming damage.

Well brawler stam builds use Brass and Impregnable just fine on the frontline, that's why I thought it might work. Not to mention it offers extra Mag recovery and Health which is actually in turn more than brass. But you could be right as it requires a proc to begin with. Thanks for the response.

I might just stick to Heavy armor Or other sets :)
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 29, 2018 12:08AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Well brawler stam builds use Brass and Impregnable just fine on the frontline, that's why I thought it might work. Not to mention it offers extra Mag recovery and Health which is actually in turn more than brass. But you could be right as it requires a proc to begin with. Thanks for the response.

I might just stick to Heavy armor Or other sets :)

I think medium brass might be better than most heavy armor sets in terms of damage, resists and cost reduction. I decided for kicks to run brass with a pirate skeleton and lord warden piece in medium. Crazy damage resist in BGs. Not worth it really but still fun.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 29, 2018 1:06AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm Riposte weapons and jewelry so you don't have to use any light armor unless you want to.

So if it was Set A, B, + Brass vs A, B + Riposte....

Kinda have to give it to Riposte.

15% reduction on opponent's (so you don't wanna forget about helping allies!)
    Vs 11-12% (wtf eva it is exactly) Brass

The health is the same

But then Riposte gives you the mag regen and spell Regen. While not particularly useful they are there.

So helps allies, mitigates more, and more stat buffs.

Unless you're trying to mix it with a set that isn't medium and you want medium, Riposte transmuted is the superior choice

Edit: or if you're getting maim somewhere else
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 29, 2018 2:02AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not run knightmare?
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    Why not run knightmare?

The thing about that is that you have to deal damage rather than just take it. It's only 20% chance (and melee only), and also only affects people standing practically right next to you. (While that's nice since we ARE MELEE, this doesn't really help with anyone trying to pick you off from range. And there's a lot of those.)

On the other hand it's a heavy set so on its own i might provide extra resistances if worn in 5 pieces on the body. Then it's a debate whether you'd have enough damage and recovery ;) Or stick to Medium Main set with Knightmare Weapon set. Interesting choices

I haven't tried it however, so if there's anyone who can give more details about the set, please do so.
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 29, 2018 3:36AM
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about impregnable and reactive armor? Should be better than flat resistance stats like fortified brass
    PC EU - DC only
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering all the people that say wyrd tree is an epic set for stamblades to counter sloads, I'm sure it's perfectly viable.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much what title says, I'm very curious whether this set would work with a Stamblade or Stamsorc, (after changing jewelery traits through transmutation).

I've recently read a large thread on defensive sets that pretty much states this is the Strongest Defensive set currently ingame due to how it operates. I know stamblades get their Maim from Fear but that doesn't seem to be 100% reliable.

What are your thoughts? Or do you think it would be better to just stick to Brass/Impreg?

I say give it a try and see how you like it...

Afterall, there have been several sets that people have said wouldn't work on a given build and its worked wonderfully...

I am all for "outside the box" builds...

:)

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm Riposte weapons and jewelry so you don't have to use any light armor unless you want to.

With diminishing returns in a CP environment, Riposte's mitigation can drop as low as 10% (pending how your CP's are set up)...

So Brass might be the better option (as pertains to raw mitigation) when you take into consideration all the possible factors...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 29, 2018 6:55AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

With diminishing returns in a CP environment, Riposte's mitigation can drop as low as 10% (pending how your CP's are set up)...

So Brass might be the better option (as pertains to raw mitigation) when you take into consideration all the possible factors...

Sorry my Bad I forgot to say this is for NON CP only.

I have no issues in CP
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I say give it a try and see how you like it...

Afterall, there have been several sets that people have said wouldn't work on a given build and its worked wonderfully...

I am all for "outside the box" builds...

:)

Alright :D thanks for the support... I'm curious how it turns out.
    ChefZero wrote: »
    What about impregnable and reactive armor? Should be better than flat resistance stats like fortified brass

Have you actually tried those? Reactive Armor looks sweet. Stuns are really 90% of the deaths I have lol. Then again... No resistance outside of CC.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

Have you actually tried those? Reactive Armor looks sweet. Stuns are really 90% of the deaths I have lol. Then again... No resistance outside of CC.

No sry cause I'm magicka but usually good player should only die while cc especially combined with some lag's. Also I read many things about RA not only proc on stun but also on immobilize for example.
    Edited by ChefZero on June 29, 2018 2:57PM
    PC EU - DC only
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No sry cause I'm magicka but usually good player should only die while cc especially combined with some lag's. Also I read many things about RA not only proc on stun but also on immobilize for example.

So both Soft and Hard CC? That sounds pretty mad OP if you're right. Thanks for the suggestion :)
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 29, 2018 8:22PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    If wizards did not have that spell damage line I'd say of course. Otherwise the way I look at it every line counts. There isn't one part of the build I wish to abandon unless it's due to playstyle reasons. (Frex, not caring about physical resistance in LA).

ETA: some classes could benefit from spell damage, like Templars with bol. Or sorcs and their executes. Depends on some things, in other words.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on June 29, 2018 6:18PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile