The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Force Pulse vs Funnel Health

Kawall
Kawall
✭✭✭
Which one is better? I like funnel health while I'm soloing stuff, but when doing group content is it better to use force pulse? It has better weaving, aoe capabilities and since funnel's cost nerfed I'm not sure which one to use.
Edited by Kawall on June 29, 2018 1:57PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elemental weapon.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Elemental weapon.

I don't like elemental weapon. That sound effect annoys me. Plus i can't deal with psijic quest for a long time, already leveled two chars and i have no intention to do it again.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Force Pulse for AOE. Funnel for off healing. Elemental Weapon for single target combined with sustain.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Force pulse if you don't wanna throw away Acuity and farm another set.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funnel all day. I really struggle to come up with a compelling reason to run force pulse on a nightblade, save a score run in VMA with a perfected staff. In 4 man, I run funnel so the healer can do more damage. In trials, I run funnel for progression and elemental weapon for score.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    Force pulse if you don't wanna throw away Acuity and farm another set.

I don't like proc sets so i don't use Acuity. Right now i have julianos and mother sorrow.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kawall wrote: »
    Elemental weapon.

I don't like elemental weapon. That sound effect annoys me. Plus i can't deal with psijic quest for a long time, already leveled two chars and i have no intention to do it again.

If you are wanting to do more damage then EM is the way to go. If that is not why you are asking then it should not matter which you use and the added heal if just fine.

So may want to state why you are asking. BTW, last few trials has multiple NBs in the group with the teams that had the early clears. reason is the added heals.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Elemental weapon.

If you are wanting to do more damage then EM is the way to go. If that is not why you are asking then it should not matter which you use and the added heal if just fine.

So may want to state why you are asking. BTW, last few trials has multiple NBs in the group with the teams that had the early clears. reason is the added heals.

I was thinking swaping funnel health with force pulse so i can front bar soul harvest so i can benefit it's passive as much as possible. I'm really liking funnel health but i noticed force pulls is easier to weave(or atleast for me) so I'm very torn about this.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Force pulse in pvp. To much reflection going on to use strife. And the 8% extra damage from the fire staff and 10% spell pen is to great to ignore. I find that because of battlespirit the healing from funnel health is not that great and doesn't justify the damage loss from not using fp. Now, if they lowered the cost to strife then I might consider going back to it because then it opens up some build options.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it relates to PVE:

Damage wise
    Force Pulse > Elemental Weapon >> Funnel Health

However, this comes with the caveat that Force Pulse is noticeably more difficult to sustain than Elemental Weapon, and only provides a very minor increase to dps. I've solo parsed 53k using Elemental Weapon, but I just can't hit those numbers solo with Force Pulse because the sustain really is that much more difficult. It's a different story in a group, but this depends on many factors such as group dynamic, content, experience, etc. Additionally, Elemental Weapon provides another utility in the form of a 6k dmg shield when you block, so keep that in mind.

For endgame PVE on a magblade, I've found it more worthwhile to use the Crushing Shock morph over Force Pulse. If I'm going full damage with excellent healers, I use Elemental Weapon. If I want to provide healing utility, I use Funnel Health. If I want to provide ranged interrupt utility, I use Crushing Shock.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    As it relates to PVE:

Damage wise

However, this comes with the caveat that Force Pulse is noticeably more difficult to sustain than Elemental Weapon, and only provides a very minor increase to dps. I've solo parsed 53k using Elemental Weapon, but I just can't hit those numbers solo with Force Pulse because the sustain really is that much more difficult. It's a different story in a group, but this depends on many factors such as group dynamic, content, experience, etc. Additionally, Elemental Weapon provides another utility in the form of a 6k dmg shield when you block, so keep that in mind.

For endgame PVE on a magblade, I've found it more worthwhile to use the Crushing Shock morph over Force Pulse. If I'm going full damage with excellent healers, I use Elemental Weapon. If I want to provide healing utility, I use Funnel Health. If I want to provide ranged interrupt utility, I use Crushing Shock.

So elemental weapon it seems... Since you look like you know your stuff, which ult should i use in single target fights, soul harvest or elemental rage? I know more dps you do more useful soul harvest becomes, but as someone with 30k dps, 35k at best with full group support I'm not sure which one to use.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it relates to PVE:

Damage wise

So elemental weapon it seems... Since you look like you know your stuff, which ult should i use in single target fights, soul harvest or elemental rage? I know more dps you do more useful soul harvest becomes, but as someone with 30k dps, 35k at best with full group support I'm not sure which one to use.

I'd use Elemental Rage in your case. Soul Harvest is very context driven. It's good in single target fights where you're in melee range or able to move into melee range to fire it. Definitely best when paired with Master Architect. As you said, it really shines when you already have high dps and specifically can line up 6 seconds of high burst dmg. A bit of an advanced technique compared to the fire-and-forget Elemental Rage.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Start with Elemental Rage and continue with Soul Harvest.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As it relates to PVE:

Damage wise

I'd use Elemental Rage in your case. Soul Harvest is very context driven. It's good in single target fights where you're in melee range or able to move into melee range to fire it. Definitely best when paired with Master Architect. As you said, it really shines when you already have high dps and specifically can line up 6 seconds of high burst dmg. A bit of an advanced technique compared to the fire-and-forget Elemental Rage.

What are we assuming is on the other bar?
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it relates to PVE:

Damage wise

What are we assuming is on the other bar?
    You use Soul Harvest on one bar and Elemental Rage on the other.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade