The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

No CP Imperial City Solo Farming Build/Suggestions

Left4Daud
Left4Daud
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey,

Been trying out some solo set ups in no CP Imperial City and nothing seems to really work for me. Either I'm getting destroyed by bosses or the fights take so long it's not even worth it. Just looking for any build ideas, suggestions, tips, tricks etc...
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh that would be hard. I would imagine imperial physique, fortified brass, 1 piece chudan, 1 piece bone pirate.

Put that on a d/w stamsorc with blood craze, bloodthirst.

Even at that you're going to have to block and dodge roll skillfully and avoid certain bosses. Don't try to fight the harvester, ice man, or any bosses in the top/bottom middle.

Good luck
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh that would be hard. I would imagine imperial physique, fortified brass, 1 piece chudan, 1 piece bone pirate.

Even at that you're going to have to block and dodge roll skillfully and avoid certain bosses. Don't try to fight the harvester, ice man, or any bosses in the top/bottom middle.

Good luck
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh that would be hard. I would imagine imperial physique (medium), fortified brass, 1 piece chudan, 1 piece bone pirate.

Good luck
    Edited by Own on June 29, 2018 1:15AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with that triple post. Imperial Physique is pretty mandatory. I think I was using Armor Master with that, on my magblade, when I tried it some time ago, which is essentially the same as Brass. And probably Troll King. Outhealing the damage and sustaining were both a ***. I recall doing the Memorial Flesh Atro boss with that setup, one of the harder hitting bosses, and thought it was just about doable. Tedious, of course.

I have seen a stamblade solo bosses in as little as 90 seconds in CP, with a full PvE DW / bow rotation. I am not that person. I think it works for some people, because they nuke the adds so fast, they're never a real threat. I imagine that approach would not work in no CP. I tend to build somewhat tanky / healy and more for PvP. The best way to still do decent damage with such a setup is to run a (ranged) weapon with an Infused Prismatic enchant. It makes a big difference to your DPS, as does the magicka Psijic spammable come to think of it (at least for my build). I usually spam bosses with a resto Funnel weave, though, as I am a resto / 2H PvP build (no destro). It's a fairly safe way of doing things.

When the adds come out, you want to have a way of dealing with those. You will typically have your ult ready, so you can Dawnbreaker them, for example. On the magblade I resto ult and use Sap Essence, which plays it fairly safe. Ignoring the adds and kiting is another option, but careful not to stray too far and draw further mobs into the fight. Kiting should be easier, this patch, if you use Swift traits.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I talk more about solo boss farming, including tips for specific bosses, here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4711844#Comment_4711844

A skill that I am currently in love with is Shrouded Daggers (DW), since it works both as a spammable and to take out any adds.

Regarding the Arena Daedroth boss, if you are a DK, use Wings to reflect it's fireballs. You will do huge damage to it with it's own fireballs. I think this may be, because it subsequently stands in and takes damage from it's own AOE. If you are not a DK, then ignore my advice about letting yourself be knocked back. Dodge rolling his very telegraphed fireballs also works and is more efficient.
    Edited by fred4 on June 29, 2018 5:13AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically run either stat-focused sets or build for tanking. Heavy armor is phenomenal if you’re in imperial physique and IP will give you all the damage you need to close out player kills. If you run IP and then a defensive monster set and defensive 5 piece, you’ll be exceptionally happy and rarely ganked. Defensive stats tend to do more work for you in no-CP relative to CP where you can recoup a lot of that mitigation just with champions points.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried out the fortified brass / imperial physique / chudan combo on a stam sorc and I was able to solo a few bosses but it was slow. Probably around 10 minutes per kill. Most of my dps came from endless hail / caltrops and blood craze. I was trying to work out a better rotation but it felt like I had to spend a lot of time dark dealing / vigoring / re-positioning to keep myself alive.

Any suggestions for mundus? Armor traits?